Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Performance

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Performance

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

183 results found

1. this has been ongoing since i joined and streamed on twitch, the servers need to be vastly improved on website, every stream i watch or try to stream to platform keeps lagging/crashing and auto tunes to 160p. i keep getting random errors ranging from unable to decod or not available on browser. i have tried many browsers and this happens on all. microsoft edge it the worst.

this is riduculus that this has not been addressed for so long.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You could consider separating the video quality settings from audio quality settings, since audio quality is far more important than video for some content.
    There are Music and Performance streams and such where we're interested in listening to the sound more that looking at text / faces / fine details.

• New show hosts frequently receive advice to invest in buying better audio equipment to improve audio quality before looking to buy more expensive cameras. This is because people will tolerate bad video in a show much more than bad audio (although 160p is still kinda bad).

• I've listened to several…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. go ahead and let the users begin streaming more than full hd and selected frame rate videos like 720@244/120fps let the user choose resolution and frame rate above 60

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. my stream is dropping out so bad I had 30%dropped frames on an 1 hr and a half section of my stream last night the 1st 5 hrs were great then I got disconnected 3 times and the 30% issue only to log into yet another bitrate drop fest tonight!!!! how do I grow my new channel if its so jittery no one will watch????

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. t uses up so much of my WiFi to stream so it would be nice if it didn't use it up so much, thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I know we already have a few servers in Germany, but wouldn't it be better to have another server in Hamburg to provide an alternative server for Denmark, as the servers are a bit far away from Norway and Sweden, then I think we have a good server structure in Germany to provide an alternative for other countries.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think that a good function would be to set the quality of the stream watched on the Twitch.pl website, as is the solution on the Twitch application. A good idea would be an application for a lubricant.TV Samsung

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My automatic bitrate wont respond

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm livestreaming at 60 frames per second and 1040 pixel standard.
    the footage is often-choppy (server-side) and doesn't reflect locale system faults.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Streaming in high framerate(120fps) increases the quality of the gameplay
    (alot when it is fast paced, such as shooter games) but requires a monitor of similar refresh rate(144hz) and good internet to view without lag(its amazingly smooth and so worth it).

However not everyone(vast majority) has these requirements and when streaming with these settings it is always the first option(source or highest quality). Thus a lot of people will get a laggy stream and are probably not aware that they have to lower the resolution to view uninterrupted(thats why big streamers dont do this because a lot of people lag…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This is music stream focused
    So RTMP can comfortably handle 4 channels of audio @256. Allow creators to send 4 channels with the content on 1&2 and VO on 3&4. Have 2x mute buttons and use an automix to dip 1&2 while creator is talking. Obviously creators would have to opt in but it would increase their passive listeners and help your platform

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After a network disruption from another bandwidth-intensive application,(s) please allow the error #2000 message to retain the video's progress via cookie when logged-out.

I have concerns about open sessions of my accounts on multiple domains where my active sessions are not displayed and able to be manually closed. (Google, Twitter, Instagram, and Microsoft all display active session history)

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As high frame rate monitors become the norm in the gaming space, it seems reasonable to assume that viewers would be excited to watch their favorite creators at smoother frame rates that reflect the intensity of actual footage. In addition, the release of more powerful, yet affordable, hardware has made this accessible to more creators as well. Higher resolution is already a standard to video streaming in pre-recorded formats (capped at lower frame rates), while the norm for most of gamers remains 1080p. This is a debatable topic but the priority in many popular titles is that smoother, high FPS…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Here in India, we don't have twitch prime and also we don't have any twitch server even though India is one the largest marketing countries. Lack of services in india forces them to move to YouTube for live streaming. Nearest server from india in Hong Kong and you need a really really good internet to just stream. Streaming on twitch is almost impossible for Indians.

Closest server to mumbai is in France, marsielle, which has bandwidth of 3500 kbps and ping is 130ms, quality is 60.

Please do something help Indian streamers out there.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Servers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would be nice to have for mobile app users, because 160p is too bad and 240p is still good for data saving, also phone screens are usually small, so high quality is not necessary and 240p seems just right on such small screens while still saving data.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Disable video and only listen like mobile works

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My idea is the possibility to select en "HIGHEST quality preference when auto quality mode is active" in order to reduce the number of times it tries to get to a higher quality but my connexion CAN'T follow the flux OR to reduce my flux when my stream raid another one.

The goal is to:
    1) reduce the risk of buffering
    2) automatically reduce bandwith consumption (it can't get higher than 480p for example) when i don't need more and i'm too far to reduce it [ecological measure]

Most of the time i look games which don't need HIGH quality…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am streaming from Bangkok. Every day at 10pm Bangkok time I get very low bitrates for about 1 - 2 hours. Is there any problem with the server around that time?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. India is probably one of the biggest markets for anything related to digital content consumption and VOD industry. Twitch has no market share here because of the simple reason new streamers doesn't get any transcoding. Twitch can be huge and beat fellow platforms if they start with some specific policies for the Indian Subcontinents including payments in local currency. However that all should start with transcoding hours and local data centers so that the viewers are able to watch the content with limited data.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The video player will buffer causing a long "Latency To Broadcaster" when the streamer has intermittent connectivity issues. For desktop streamers this is usually not a problem. This is a nuisance for viewers watching IRL streamers who are streaming on less reliable mobile connections. Who wants to watch a stream where the "Latency To Broadcaster" is over 30s? or even 10s?

I have to open the "Video Stats" menu with every stream I watch to keep an eye on the "Latency To Broadcaster" to make sure I'm not too far behind the live stream. Nothing wrong with my internet connection.…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?