Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Consoles

This forum is for ideas only*. Learn how it works.

We welcome your feedback about the viewing experience on console apps, but please note we cannot take feedback regarding the streaming experience on them, as it is developed by the respective console

Note: Submitting an idea does not guarantee that Twitch will take action on the feedback provided. We'll provide updates when we have new information for you. Learn about our statuses & see answers to FAQs about the feedback forums.

*Suggestions with non-constructive (no actionable) feedback, appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, and suggestions disparaging others may be closed without comment. Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery.

Support Information & Links:
  • Help Portal: Tons of articles that may answer your questions.
  • Email Support: Available to assist users 24/7, please use the Contact Us form in the Help Portal.
  • Live Chat (beta): Open to all Partners & Affiliates [Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (01:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST].
  • @TwitchSupport (on Twitter): Available Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (1:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST.

Twitch Applications: Consoles

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

71 results found

1. The new update on PS5 makes you scan a QR code and forces you to chat thru your phone. Why this was implemented is beyond me. If we wanted to use our phones we would. What if a user doesn't have a phone? The update literally makes watching on PS5 pointless if you like to chat.

222 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. streaming on ps4 is frustrating without the above, if you offered psn users some overlay options that would be awesome. you can even use it to advertise movies and games etc.

141 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  3. Not sure if the PS4 Version was updated or not but I will assume that it was.

The update basically made the app terrible; no more "Continue Watching", streamers "All Videos" have about 10-12 with no way of looking at all past streams, App no longer remembers the last quality setting you used it always defaults to auto, can't press square to open chat anymore, home screen is a cluttered mess, switching tabs to following or any other feels laggy and looks choppy.

What happened? The app looks and feels like a ****** smart tv app, please consider rolling back…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  4. The app doesn't have the ability to set the video quality, it just uses the auto feature like on mobile. This seems to cause the stream to constantly change quality. Adding a stream quality option would improve the app immensely. Also, when in fullscreen mode, the video doesn't scale correctly to my TV. I know I have the resolution and screen bounding set correctly because it works for other apps, as well as games. I would like to be able to have the full screen mode use the bounds that can be set in the PS4 settings.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  5. 35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it easier to do more while streaming from PS4. For example whenever I start streaming kingdom hearts I have to manually change the category from my phone, which will for whatever reason go back to no category mid stream making, it even harder to be seen than it already is. I also have no way to do anything with the stream other than start it and hope people don’t mind the lack of an overlay.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Not being able to chat on console is an issue. I like the idea of the phone chat option but keep it just that; an option.
    Not being able to tab full screen and chat using Square button is frustrating. Having to search for full screen and chat tab is frustrating.
    Square no longer has an input command.
    New home page seems cluttered and messy compared with previous version.
    In summary, simple is better and being able utilize controller to tab fullscreen and to chat worked just fine in the previous version.

I do thank you for removing the double…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  8. 23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  9. Bonehead move, Twitch.

No one wants to hold their phone and stare down at chat when they are trying to watch a stream on their TV.

Spend 5 seconds thinking about that. Where are your eyes? On the stream, or down at chat?

Here's a great idea: Remove chat from PC app and web browser.

EVERYONE PULL OUT YOUR PHONE SO YOU CAN CHAT.

Who wants to use a keyboard? Ewww. Or view chat while they are watching stream? ewwww...

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. cheering is currently easy PC. please reconfigure twitch chat commands to make cheering possible on PlayStation, Xbox, and Mobile. I am willing to go to the web browser to buy bits. cheering on other apps should be as easy as building a chat bot.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please revert the twitch app to the old native console application. The new app resembles the TV interface and is far less user friendly. The update is a complete downgrade with no benefits whatsoever. Some examples on PS5
    - No longer able to chat in the application.
    - We can no longer close the video overlay by pressing Circle. Doing that exits the video we are watching! We now have to wait for a few seconds for the video overlay to fade out on its own.

This is a horrible update that was completely unnecessary. The old app worked just…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. please allow us to put overlay on PS4 and PS5. Make an app were it allows us to choose a overlay, create an overlay, place the overlay on out stream and allow chat to be on there by default or if we can take it off as well.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  13. The idea I have is being able to stream off your webcam on your laptop while still streaming via your console. I've run into the problem of not being able to stream my face since I don't have a ps4 camera since they are all sold out or in limited supply.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  14. The new ps5 update is so weird first of all you say it should be a “viewer-only" experience but the mobile app shows alot more content (vods-playlist etc..) and one of the most important things to view is chat even if you don’t interact with it and only read it still is a big part of being in a vod,Also the past version was so bad design wise and personally i like the new design and appreciate that the player is alot more flexible in skipping and rewinding but if you want to skip to an exact part you will…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The ps4 streams are too much limited in comparisson with pc please put more fixtures, or more things for customize our stream

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Currently you can only link one PS4 to your account. I have multiple's in my house and anytime I go to a different one I have to login to Twitch, disconnect the connection and then reactive the new PS4. It'd be nice to just allow more than one.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  17. It's no brainer that Twitch team should do this, to give us an option to hide camera side on screen when streaming so we can see everything. it's annoying that I couldn't read what's in top right corner, so I would have to pause everything and move the camera around. Xbox Series X don't do this. Please Twitch, add this important feature so that we can remove the camera side but still visible to viewers/followers, just like Xbox Series X can.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  18. si pudieran hacer esto atraerian muchas personas de consola porque algunos streamers no tenemos para una pc potente

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My big issue is the limit on VODS that show up when I specifically go to someone’s channel. Certain streamers I watch stream twice a day 6 days a week and when I miss a game but want to keep up with it I can no longer do that if they are playing different games and the one I keep up with is past the number limit. It seems harmful to views on videos, views for the streamer, and content for the viewers to not be able to find what should even be considered recent because of how limiting VODS…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. You EVER going to get around to doing this, or are people who can ONLY afford a console s..t out of luck?? ****, most of "YOUR" extensions won't even work for console users.

So either, stop allowing consoles to stream here, or actually do something to assist them.

Or the least you can do, is recommend where "we" can go for the ability to stream properly!

Lastly, "YOU" really need to fix your algorithm for Viewer counts vs Actual Views.

Way to many console users who stream all the time, can't seem to reach AFFILIATE status, as the count never…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?