Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. There needs to be an option to mute audio on the Twitch app. Some people enjoy listening to other music or audio while watching Twitch streams, and its not possible to mute single apps on Mobile devices. This should be easy to implement and would satisfy a large portion of the Twitch userbase.

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A recent mobile update has caused gifted subs to pop-up in an extended chat box across the screen. This takes away from the viewing experience and can be extremely irretable on bigger streamers where a lot of subs come in. This even occurs in fullscreen and throws the chat box up on screen meaning you have to disable it again.

I'm not the streamer, I don't particularly care about gifted subs.

Please give me the option to disable this pop-up.

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For mobile, tablets or app on the ps4. It would be awesome to have an autoshutdown if you fall asleep, like I do often. Maybe with a custom timer for individualy shutdown time.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I'd like to see team pages on Twitch Mobile rather than having to open Twitch on my browser in Desktop mode.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sometimes I start watching a stream but decide not to continue and have no intention of going back to it or I join a stream but it's for subscribers only.

These appear under "Continue Watching" and I cannot easily get rid of it, especially if it's one that requires a Subscription which I don't have.

It would be nice to have the ability to left or right swipe an entry in my "Continue Watching" section to get rid of it. Other option would be a long-press to bring up an option to remove the entry or clear all entries.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be cool to be able to watch twitch VODS offline. Maybe download them onto the phone first, then be able to watch them later.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Currently, if you visit a Twitch link on your phone, and that person is hosting someone, there's no way to see the original user's profile. This means that you can't see their info, you can't follow, you can't subscribe, etc.

With a huge amount of traffic coming from other platforms like TikTok, Twitter, etc. this means that many people are unable to follow a user if they visit a Twitch link on their phone.

The only way to get to the original user's profile is to close the video player, and then manually search for them again within the app.…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make a Mod version of Twitch App or Option to Enable Mod view for app. Sure not everyone will use this because the PC options are better and surely much better to use. However for those rare occasions and for those select few. ( i did this for 2 months before since i had usual times for when some streamers started at different times and i was not near my pc) I also would like to see load times shortened. ( my phone is an OnePlus 6t and it is not that slow.) Those seconds count when trying to delete…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Had this idea a while back. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to send Kappas, PogChamps and such to eachother in text messages, snapchats etc?

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Changing playback speed on twitch VODs have been useful for quickly scrubbing through archives or slow motion down eventful moments. However, it's currently only available for desktop. It would be a nice feature to be made available for mobile and tablets.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. BTTV is an amazing application that helps a lot of users with minor things that become a necessity after using for so long. I love being able to see all the BTTV emotes on twitch but the twitch application doesn't allow these. I also am a BTTV Dark user and on mobile we have to stare at the white background. They have recently put in a host button that shows under the channel you are watching. This means we can instantly click a button and boom the hosting is done for us with ease. Endless options for many people will…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please give us the option to have faster playback speeds on mobile.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hey everyone,

someone who has their entire phone in English (since most stuff is English regardless, and others can be set), think the twitch app should really have the option to have the app in a specified language. It's great twitch tries to translate, but for me it's really uncomfortable to see the app in my mother language.

Tl;Dr change app language

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be able to broadcast live from the Twitch app or have a seperate app for twitch broadcasting. Would be helpful for streaming on-the-go.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The most recent update to the twitch mobile app changed the look of the Following Tab. Before the following list was compressed with small thumbnail previews so I could see who is live at a quick glance, however now the update changed the thumbnails to be so big that I have to scroll through a long list of live channels before deciding who I want to watch. Please revert this change or add a customization option so that we can decide how we want the following tab to look.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. On the web browser you can clear notifications at the top of the chat (such as a hype train) by clicking the 3 buttons. On mobile, there is no option to clear notifications. And it is a huge pain because when a notification such as a hype train shows up in the chat, it makes the chat bigger (half the screen) for the entire duration. So every time a hype train starts (which happens a lot in bigger channels), chat takes up half the screen and you are forced to watch without chat if you want to be able to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Often, streams contain several games/categories. The chapters function on PC is super helpful in determining which categories are in a VOD. For example, I've been catching up on watch party VODs. I like to play the show on my PC and have the streamer and chat replay on my phone. The streamer takes breaks between episodes, which are a pain to skip using the slider. On PC, I can just click the next watch party chapter. Considering this function already exists, it would make sense to port it to the mobile platform.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. On mobile there should be an option to change chat position from the right side being default to the left side while in landscape mode. This would be ideal for streams that have webcams on the right side of the stream for a better watching experience.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. See title. Seems like the mobile app on Android doesn't have closed captioning. I would like to use the app if you can implement closed captioning capability to it. I am deaf and I wanted to watch Bob Ross paintings his happy little trees.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Phones with notch and punch holes wont show the streams full screen

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)