Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

216 results found

1. A standalone mobile app for mobile devices of this new Dashboard would be fantastic for dedicated streamers, specially for those streamers who only have one monitor screen.

The app could also have a function to keep the mobile device awake specifically during live streaming when is active so that we don't have to deal with constantly unlocking our mobile device.

1,670 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There needs to be an option to mute audio on the Twitch app. Some people enjoy listening to other music or audio while watching Twitch streams, and its not possible to mute single apps on Mobile devices. This should be easy to implement and would satisfy a large portion of the Twitch userbase.

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Looking for Feedback  ·  Ana responded

Hi, hi,

We've heard you and are happy to relay that we've launched an experiment for the mute button to some users, so that they can independently mute the app's video player! Please make sure you update your app to the latest version to see if you were chosen to participate. We are looking forward to your feedback here. Thank you!

3. For mobile, tablets or app on the ps4. It would be awesome to have an autoshutdown if you fall asleep, like I do often. Maybe with a custom timer for individualy shutdown time.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Changing playback speed on twitch VODs have been useful for quickly scrubbing through archives or slow motion down eventful moments. However, it's currently only available for desktop. It would be a nice feature to be made available for mobile and tablets.

167 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A recent mobile update has caused gifted subs to pop-up in an extended chat box across the screen. This takes away from the viewing experience and can be extremely irretable on bigger streamers where a lot of subs come in. This even occurs in fullscreen and throws the chat box up on screen meaning you have to disable it again.

I'm not the streamer, I don't particularly care about gifted subs.

Please give me the option to disable this pop-up.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sometimes I start watching a stream but decide not to continue and have no intention of going back to it or I join a stream but it's for subscribers only.

These appear under "Continue Watching" and I cannot easily get rid of it, especially if it's one that requires a Subscription which I don't have.

It would be nice to have the ability to left or right swipe an entry in my "Continue Watching" section to get rid of it. Other option would be a long-press to bring up an option to remove the entry or clear all entries.

133 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I'd like to see team pages on Twitch Mobile rather than having to open Twitch on my browser in Desktop mode.

114 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add "Connect over Wifi only" so we can avoid use of 3G/4G data

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We would like someway to easily host a streamer's stream on the Twitch website for the desktop.

Right now, in order to host a channel, users must go into their own chat and type in "/host [streamer username]", which requires them to leave the stream they're in. My idea is to have the button similar to the Mobile Twitch App, where it's integrated in the 'Share' function that automatically hosts the channel. Having a dedicated 'Host' button appear next to the 'Subscribe' button will also be preferred!

With the ease of hosting, it will increase the number of hosts a…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Tab with broadcasts which u have watch, but dont watch completely.

(it's more comfortable than search specific broadcast in channel)

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have just discovered that for streams containing embedded closed captions (NOT via a Twitch extension), there is no way to display the closed captions when playing the stream on Android or when casting to a Chromecast.

I think it's great that Twitch has added captions support in the first place, but all of it is for nothing if someone who relies on captions is watching on the app or Chromecast.

To be extra clear, I am not talking about caption extensions - those show up in the app, but many streamers use proper embedded captions which seem to only…

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. So the latest update for the mobile app introduced channel suggestion based on your language.
    http://i.imgur.com/OKiAjRl.png
    Those appear in every game directory and on the channel directory. It would be nice to have an option to disable those. I rarely watch streams in my own language and this takes up a lot of unnecessary space for me. A polish friend also finds those rather annoying so I guess I'm not alone with this.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Basically there is a pretty big problem with the mobile app and Twitch Chat: It wastes a lot of data, and a lot of battery. In big channels, specifically Esports events, there can be upwards of 100,000 people in the stream and there are hundreds of chat messages every second. This is where the problem lies, it eats your battery and you can say bye to your data.

My proposed change is to simply add a new mode that can be found in the viewing settings that allows you to just have the video fullscreen all the time (like it…

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be cool to be able to watch twitch VODS offline. Maybe download them onto the phone first, then be able to watch them later.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The “Featured Clip” is frustratingly oversized and takes up way to much space. It doesn’t need to be above “Live” or “Recommended” either. Move it down or make it a tab at the bottom with the other search features.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

16. Please add an option to stretch the stream/VOD on the android devices with new aspect ratios (18.5:9, 18:9 etc). The native crop to fit are bad for streams.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Often, streams contain several games/categories. The chapters function on PC is super helpful in determining which categories are in a VOD. For example, I've been catching up on watch party VODs. I like to play the show on my PC and have the streamer and chat replay on my phone. The streamer takes breaks between episodes, which are a pain to skip using the slider. On PC, I can just click the next watch party chapter. Considering this function already exists, it would make sense to port it to the mobile platform.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Had this idea a while back. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to send Kappas, PogChamps and such to eachother in text messages, snapchats etc?

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have theater mode on twitch app for like tablets and iPads and such, I think this would be a great addition to the Twitch mobile experience.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please give us the option to have faster playback speeds on mobile.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?