Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Bits

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Bits

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

163 results found

1. What if a streamer doesn't want the power-ups to clutter up their channel points?

1,909 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

291 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Today (Oct 24, 2022) Anon cheering seems to have been disabled for some reason. Please do not remove the ability to cheer Anonymously.

Some of us like to donate bits and don't want to be "recognized" for it. Removing the ability to cheer anonymously will just make us not cheer at all.

If this was somehow something streamers were asking for, then make it a per-stream setting a streamer can toggle (but default ON).

1,155 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Twitch responded

Hey all! Thanks for this thread. We recently deprecated anonymous Cheering after we discovered it was being abused. While we understand some viewers prefer not being recognized for Cheering, we made this change to ensure a safer experience for those who were negatively impacted.

We’ve also heard your concerns on what this means for the future of Bits. This deprecation is not related to any plans to limit Cheering with Bits on Twitch, and is solely focused on providing a safer experience for our community.

3. Family-friendly streamers could get a non-family-friendly emote splattered all over their screen. We need this feature especially if there is no way to disable the feature.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So I do think this new bits thing has some promise, I totally support it, but I think a lot of people are going to complain and be upset with the positioning in the user interface. It makes people who cant afford bits feel bad and negative about constantly seeing a Zero next to the bit icon under the chat.

My idea: We already have the cheer icon next to chat, so please, give us an option to remove the bits counter that shows 100% of the time next to channel points, OR keep the bit counter inside of the…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Space is precious on the Twitch desktop browser. The constant moving has tricked me into hitting the Power-UPS instead of channel points. Leave the channel points area alone. Put the Power-ups in with BITS not channel points.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to see if we can turn off or on the new power-ups on screen celebrations button...I show videos and myself along with my viewers like that I have no emotes going across the screen and actually see the videos.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bits are the MOST beneficial form of income for streamers on Twitch. The donor pays the twitch fee when purchasing the bits, so the streamer gets the full amount, which is what the donor expects. If someone donates 100 bits the streamer gets $1.00. With Super Cheer if someone donates $1.00 the fee is coming out of that amount and the streamer only gets $0.76. If Twitch is looking to replace bits with Super Cheer, that is only going to hurt streamers livelihoods and the relationship between streamers and Twitch. We want to be able to stream on Twitch knowing…

713 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I really like the idea of a built in menu to offer bit redeems rather than having a menu posted via commands etc. We can use the same API access and interface as the channel point interface, and allow disabling certain power-ups. Also, with this, it would probably be best to have the menu be two buttons so it doesn't get too bloated.

This would absolutely increase the income from bits, as people would be able to see exactly what they can get for their bits rather than having to find that information elsewhere. This is good for both viewers,…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bits used for the new Power Ups don't currently progress existing Cheer badges, but it would be great if they did count, since it's still using bits on the streamers channel.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Custom Power-up and have them be integrated into programs like lumia stream and streamer.bot

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Te den bits gratis 1 por strem que veas del mismo streamer

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cheering  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Power-ups should have had this from day and it is remiss of Twitch not to have done this from the day it was implimented. POwer-ups need to be included in the Bits API. Without it games that include bit redemptions, counters and other viewer incentives no longer work properly, and viewers are confused why they do not.
    Needs to be fixed or removed asap.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Power-ups need some form of alert for the streamer. I had viewers using this last night in my stream and I didn't even know what was going on or that it was occurring.

I happened to have my stream open on another monitor and saw emotes all over and didn't know how that happened. Then another person used a thing to enlarge an emote. Again, no notification and it showed normal to me and many in chat.

I usually have Firebot up to monitor chat while I stream. The messages sent with the power-up don't even show in there so…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There are myriad problems with this feature.

1: Cannot be turned off if the streamer does not want it.
    2: Cannot restrict the use of unwanted stamps
    3: Streamers are not aware of it in the first place

This can be worked around once by setting the bits limit to 10,000 points, but it is not perfect.
    There is no other way but to deactivate the affiliate if they do not want it completely.
    Therefore, we would like the feature turned on or off.

While gentle stamps are not offensive to anyone, we do not wish to use…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Contrary to popular belief, I think the new "Power-Ups" could be incredibly powerful, especially when integrated with other external programs. The key factor here is the ability for users to create their own Power-Ups. This capability, similar to how channel points work, could present an amazing opportunity for streamers to profit while fostering fun interactions with their communities.

Imagine if this were implemented: external programs like Lumia or Streamer.bot could enable a plethora of actions for bits through a simple, familiar format. This integration could revolutionize how streamers engage with their audience.

However, I believe that point redeems and Power-Ups…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Rather than adding, this is instead to remove the combination of the bits and channel points menu. This combination, in time with Twitch's Bit Powerup release, only breaks the channel point menu.

What I'm asking for is the Powerup menu that requires bits, be limited to the bits menu. When you click CHANNEL POINTS, no one wants to see 3 new powerups that require BITS to activate. Message Effects aren't visually appealing, nor are they worth 20 bits. Gigantify Emote is limited to one emote, instead of "Emotes" as it claims in its description. Celebrate only shows on the twitch…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bring back ads for Bits. You morons got rid of it ages ago, and it was the best way to let all the poor financially limited people still participate in bits. Additionally, all these new celebrations with bits and on-screen garbage should be able to be opted out of if the streamer does not want your tacky force fed garbage to be a part of their stream -_-. You say this is for the streamer and yet you are forcing this upon us instead of it being an optional thing. All we can do is change the price and not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Power-ups and Twitch Alerts/bots:
      Power-ups don't trigger cheer alerts and I can't find any way to indicate on-stream that bits have been used. As a streamer, I rely on audio queues to let me know someone has spent money on my channel so that I can thank them in a timely manner. This is basic functionality, I need a way to interact with this redemption that blends seamlessly with existing alerts and recognition for bits.

• Power-ups & Channel Points
      Could power-ups be moved to a separate cheering menu from Channel Points? It was really confusing the first time I saw…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've just noticed that there's now a bits counter next to the channel points counter, under chat. Could this possibly be toggled on/off in settings? I much prefer just the channel points to be there, as I do not use bits, so now I just have a useless counter next to my channel points.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. All of the Power-up functions lack sufficient configuration options.

• Each Power-up should have the option to be individually enabled/disabled by the streamer. This is a bare minimum functionality.
    As of this writing, the Power-Ups FAQ states that all Power-Ups are mandatory "at launch" but offers no information about when/whether that will change.

• Each Power-up should have its own cooldown settings, both channel-wide and per-user. As of this writing, the emote-spray celebration is the only power-up feature with a cooldown option. The FAQ suggests raising prices as a measure to reduce chat spam, but in reality this means pricing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?