Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. I tried contact with Twitch BR, but without answer. So i think that i can't contact you all Twitch directly, so i will write here.

I'm Ukyo, a people that is hearing impaired and i have a request. The addition of the badges that can show that the people have hearing impaired, is disabled etc., so streamers can see and try to comunicate in way that is useful.
    I'm tired of not receiving even a answer from streamer, even if i said that i'm hearing impaired.
    There are few streamers that i feel comfortable in interact with they, and you…

2,147 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I use a TTS reader to read chat to my headphones, and mix it in with game audio and music. I've toyed with running two concurrent streams from my computer so that legally blind viewers could open both and have chat read to them in real-time, but it hasn't been stable enough. Not sure if possible, but if a secondary audio channel could be utilized by the broadcaster, those needing chat read to them could turn it on and control its volume to be able to keep up with chat.

Alternatively, an in-page TTS reader might also be a good…

220 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I like the previously posted idea, but no accessibility features should ever be locked as rewards behind achievements. Folks shouldn’t need to be affiliated or partners to provide captioning to their audiences.

212 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Occasionally emotes contain text and letters that are a bit hard to read. I know Twitch accepts up to 112px emotes, but seems to use the smaller ones in chat. Simply having a little checkbox to show larger emotes would be super helpful to those with limited sight.

198 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A disabled tag would be great and it would be a way to find gamers that don't play games "traditionally"

71 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Selectable font sizes for chat that are separate from zooming the entire page with Ctrl+Mousewheel Up would be awesome, even if they don't evenly break. A really cool idea that I've had for a while is actively scaling text fonts, so things like "lol" fill the width of the chat frame, as opposed to longer messages being somewhat smaller.

Additionally to this, simple color-specific modes for different eye conditions - black on yellow, high contrast white on black, yellow on blue - would be immensely helpful.

A pie in the sky addition to this would be selectively highlighting chat messages…

170 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. We could use a colorblind mode because some users (like myself) have a hard time with some colors blending in with the background of the dark theme.

166 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Every channel on Twitch should be accessible to folks who cannot hear the content or need to be able to read along with the broadcaster.

Let's make closed captioning for every affiliate and partner channel available to everyone without a Twitch extension

158 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Those of us with chronic pain or other disabilities are not always able to keep a schedule that is consistent enough to apply for the org we program. The current requirements are built on able-bodies standards. There should be a way to include disabled folks who can’t stream on a set schedule and may need to take breaks from streaming, but stream consistently when they can and have good viewership and engagement when they do.

137 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I am 24 years old with Parkinsons disease. Everytime I see the word "twitch" it brings me back to when I was mercilessly bullied in school. I would always be harassed and called twitch, shakey, twitchy and it made me very insecure. Part of the reason why I dont stream on this platform to begin with is because of the name. As someone who can't aim in their favorite games each time I've even tried to stream on this platform I immediately get called twitch or twitchy. If you're serious about including everyone just as you have with the blind…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Currently there is only 3 text alignment where you can only select "Left, Center, or Right" so whenever you select neither of them, the captions does not line up neatly to the same width of the box.

We should have another option called Justify where it would line up all the text nicely which is more tidy, what justify looks like can be seen here - https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/playit.asp?filename=playcss_text-align&preval=justify

Also, I'm surprised that dyslexia font is not included in the font section. Please add dyslexia font, it will be beneficial for those people as well.

What do you guys think? I would…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There have been a number of DJ dance/music channels on the front page recently. They automatically play when loading the page, and often have full screen quickly flashing effects. This triggers my photosensitivity/epilepsy a bit.

I would like a way to opt out of those types of videos from either showing, or auto playing, on the front page.

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I've noticed that closed captioning automatically filters swearing. To be honest, this is less than ideal. It assumes your hard of hearing and hearing impaired users need to have language filtered for them, to a standard which non-hearing impaired users don't. An important part is all language translated accurately as possible, otherwise you are directly deciding what language is more important for the disabled client. If a person wants to engage with streamers that swear it should be their choice whether or not they want to see that content, not chosen for them.

Please note: How to handle slurs within…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Currently, twitch has one Sign Language option for the stream language settings, which is American Sign Language.
    It would be good to see more options here, including a catch-all "Other Sign Language" for the smaller Sign Languages that may not be present in the list.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In light of the recent, well thought out decision to remove the term "blind playthrough", I believe it's time to show your commitment to not alienating users with disabilities by removing the term "walkthrough" and changing the name of the platform.
    You've shown a willingness to accommodate blind gamers, don't you think it's time to extend the same courtesy to those with paralysis or one of the myriad of conditions that cause involuntary spasms.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Having light mode as the default theme can be quite bright and loud upon first entering the site. Dark mode is much easier on the eyes, and much easier to read.

73 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi. I have an idea for disables to not worry about getting big donations and lose their medical etc. I am mentally disabled and I been wanting to stream. Why I can't is I am afraid one day if lucky if I get donations over 2000$ I will lose my medical and my SSI. A lot of people like me. Worst or not. We can't have our dream jobs or even games for fun! I have an idea of maybe once hits 2000 on earnings from subs, bits, etc. Rest maybe goes to a charity of choice. Disable people get…

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mute is a real disability and it's awful to make those people remember that they can't hear anything.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Like millions of others i have difficulties spelling. I have dyslexia, and it takes me about 4 mins to type a message this long. now try and participate in a chat room with a 4 minute spelling lag. it's impossible. a spell check would cut that in half or 3/4. for us who struggle if we can get a part of the word right spell check will get us the rest of the way. Please find a way to implement a spell check it would be a massive improvement.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Because I am on Universal Credit, due to health disabilities/ problems, it means, I can't complete the Affiliate forms.
    There SHOULD be updates to Twitch in the future either allowing those unfortunate like me to be able to buy certain features like Uploads, mostly Uploads or gain access to them.
    It just seems really unfair to those who has the same problems as I do.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?