Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

141 results found

1. Additional review of the whisper function is required.
    1. I want the ability to distinguish between online and offline users.
    2. It should be reorganized like a live chat window so that the timestamp can be seen in detail.

Comments from general users are not allowed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like to bring up an important matter regarding the accessibility of the Twitch application on LG TVs and Sony PlayStation. As someone who is Deaf, I rely on subtitles/closed captions to fully engage with the content on Twitch. Unfortunately, the absence of this feature on the LG TV and Sony PlayStation Twitch apps has been quite disappointing.

The Problem:
    The current Twitch application on LG TVs and Sony PlayStations lacks subtitles/closed captions, making it challenging for users like me who depend on this feature to enjoy the platform to its fullest. While subtitles/closed captions are available on the PC…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can we add an ability for users to be able to translate closed captions? I recently added them to my stream to try to help a viewer who doesn't speak English and I could only talk to them through chat, but I was bummed to realize that he can't see them in his language.

I realize that it would cost Twitch money to translate captions through a server, but it also seems like such a basic thing for the user experience. I'm sure there are streamers that I would like, but I can't understand their stream due to the language…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi Twitch! Screen reader users should be able to read and participate actively in chat like everyone else. However, translating chat into an audio signal is really tedious at this moment, because visual elements like all badges incl. subscriber-time of sub badges, and emotes cannot be filtered out.
    Especially when a lot of hype is happening in chat, emotes can become very overbearing when read out one by one. Therefore, I'd like to request a feature with which those visual elements and emote text can be filtered out, leaving the username and chat text only for translation into an audio…

674 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As the title says, please let people make new lines (and even a free space line) in text messages.

For me as disabled streamer with problems recognizing the small letters bc of my eyes and problems with understanding too, it's horrible to get a 500 signs message with no free line in a big block.

It's so hard to see/understand what people write. On bad days it's even impossible. That is useless stress and embarrassment for me, plus viewers aren't happy if their message is not/wrong understand too.

New Lines and free spaces could make this so much better -…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If you need everything to be bigger and use ctr + mouse wheel to zoom in in a browse, the amount of space left for the chat is very small.

Remove the top subscribers above the chat window when zooming in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 한국 시각장애인입니다. 아이폰 보이스오버로 채팅을 안 읽어줍니다. USER 관리 메뉴만 뜨고 안 읽는데, 테스트 하시고, 접근성 수정 부탁합니다.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Basically, when reading the Twitch chat with the voiceover, it keeps saying double tap to show user actions, and it became very inaccessible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Accessibility is very important to not only me but also my stream and I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. It would be amazing if we can get some warning tags for things from Epilepsy to Colorblind viewers. This would not only warn our viewers but can also save a life. The worst thing we want as streamers is to hurt our viewers and have no control over it. These tags and be pre implemented or something we can add given game reviews. These tags can vary and even help those with mental health with warning tags…

773 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Repair the closed captions on rebroadcasts of livestreams. The captions work on the first stream of e.g. Critical Role, but not on the rebroadcasts.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The idea is basically a built-in audio compressor for streams that is toggled on and off. Setting the feature on would limit how loud the stream sound can get in ways that manually changing the volume button couldn't. Some streamers—especially smaller/newer ones—won't have an audio compressor, leading to stream sound blaring at max volume if there is a technical difficulty, too loud in-game mics, or other situations.
    Here's a plausible example, you are watching a streamer's stream at 50% volume, and they are about to play a new game for the first time. The ingame volume settings are set to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Whenever I am watching a stream and they start a raffle or other interactive event, I normally feel very left out as my muscle-weakening disability makes it impossible for me to type the command fast enough. It would be great if any !command in the chat (or anywhere else on the page) could be a clickable link that pastes the entire command in my chat box, so I just have to press Send. This would help me feel included, and would likely help slow typers or viewers who live with dyslexia avoid having to correctly type every command. Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Being able to activate an epileptic mode, to avoid animated emotes that cause epilepsy, since in the chat they can appear anywhere and I would like to be able to deactivate that, and if it could also be put for the broadcast of the streamer it would be a great help.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello
    I'm deaf I watch Twitch a lot of live broadcasts.
    But I do not understand anything of what they say and then I have an idea:
    Add a real-time subtitle translator in all languages in the viewer's choice will always be in all live broadcasts. And there will also be a font translation option or some type of translation
    Example: translate exactly what he said or
    Automatically corrects words
    Move subtitles wherever user wants.
    It can help not only deaf people it can be helpful to foreigners who can understand another language with the help of subtitles.
    And also…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. An Epilepsy Curtain would be nice for those that tab back ove when something on mute and we get blasted into a seizure cause some one thinks its fun to stream a strobe light

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think it's no secret that the sitewide UI changes introduced in September of 2019 (And subsequent UI changes) have had an overall negative impact on the user accessibility, level of visual appeal given off, as well as the user & community culture of the Twitch website. In fact some users would argue the changes made to the UI prior to the 2019 change were more adverse of a change.

I don't even feel as though I need to explain this loss of user accessibility... Anybody who has been at all regularly using Twitch from before the UI update of…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I don't know what window width Twitch imagines as a minimum, but it's clearly wider than my window width, as chat and the chat menu do NOT display on a channel page unless I maximize my window. This is utterly insane in 2023. The chat menu must ALWAYS show, no matter how narrow the window. I will not say how wide my window is, because my entire point is that it should not matter. The inventor of the WWW, Tim Berners-Lee, intended it to be device independent. That means that everything on the page should be accessible regardless of window…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The way Twitch is currently set up, most people with moderate to severe disability(s) are entirely unable to join the community of streamers on equal ground. Forget Partner; just getting to Affiliate is a wall that not all of us have the equipment to climb over.

On top of that, streamers have to choose either putting tags related to their games OR to their identity and community markers; am I putting "autistic" or "CC" or "hard of hearing" or "disabled or "nonbinary" or - or- or - OR.

There's no consideration for this, for the many of us who are…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi Twitch! Photo-sensitive Twitch enjoyer here. Could we please get an option to disable possible seizure inducing animated emotes? Examples being fast, flashing, rapid color alternating emotes that have become popular recently. I love the addition of animated emotes, but these specifically catch me off guard and could trigger a seizure while I'm chatting, or even live streaming.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I think it can be hard to hear and understand everything and can see in chat, many users have this problem too.
    So let the single users chose subtitles or not subtitles, just like they also have at YouTube.
    Steamers do not know this problem real and why no one chose subtitles.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?