Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

38 results found

1. Currently anonymous subs can be given to offensive account names and the streamer has no ability to report this. A gifter can continue to do this indefinitely. Streamers can only report the accounts that were gifted which does not solve the problem.

This leads to immediate and continuous abuse.

You removed Anonymous Bits for "Abuse" reasons despite them not carrying a name, image, or message. You left in Anonymous Gift subs even though they can be used like this. Give us an option to report these actions.

573 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback! 

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

2. So I will break this into 3 parts. What it is, How it will work, and why I think it's needed. (first and 3rd part may overlap.)

My idea is to create a Channel Admin role for content creators at the affiliate and partner level. This role would have a golden sword (opposed to the green sword that regular moderators have) and would be able to remove/add people from moderator for the respective channel they are a channel admin for.

How this will work: Starting first, how it will be set up (in my head.) All affiliates are allowed 1…

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Having an option to limit what character typesets can be used in chat.

For English stream, it could be limited to ASCII-95 (https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C%2B%2B_Programming/ASCII)
    If a character was used outside of this typeset, the whole message would not go through.

Any variation could work on this.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have a section in Twitch where you can see all the streamers who you have moderator role. This would be helpful in the long run since some Twitch users have a moderator role on more than one channel.

Similar to modlookup, a third party website where Twitch users can see all of the streamers who are they currently moderating. Since Twitch's API changes in February 2023 have made it impossible to keep modlookup operational, it would be nice to have as separate section for users to access and would be convenient for it to link to streamers we currently moderate…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hello, thank you for implementing the recent phone verification feature. That has been really helpful, along with all the other safety features you have. I am a small streamer who is dealing with a harasser/doxxer who regularly makes new usernames and comes into my chat to drop my real name and address. The phone verification has prevented him from doing that in chat, but now he comes in and whispers my dox to everyone on my viewer list. The following would be very helpful in preventing him from doing this in the future without disrupting my growth as a streamer:

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Turbo users were given options to hide their turbo badges. Why not moderators who voluntarily invest their time & energy to grow communities? That way streamers have options to fight mod-wall effect and see if chat participation improves. Just having that option is really reassuring and helpful for many communities. Currently some moderators would lurk or go through the hassle of logging into another alt-account to chat. Some streamers even have to awkwardly unmod people and mod when needed.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. What i'd like to propose is a separate chat window thats designated for moderators. One of the biggest issues when it comes to larger streamers is an endless chat torrent that makes it near impossible to catch mod messages, even with slow mode enabled. By adding in a designated mod chat window, it would enable the broadcaster to freely swap between that and their main chat, and that way communications from their moderators won't get lost within a rapidly moving text wall.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hey!

Editors should have some more functionality I think in line with some of the ideas that Twitch added over the years to make them further distinct from moderators and warrant actually placing someone as an editor only or moderator + editor.

Some examples:

• Removing VIP badges/moderators from channels or adding VIPs/moderators to channels.

• Maybe a "role hierarchy" of Broadcaster -> Editor -> Moderator to make editor more distinct.
      So for example, if a moderator pins a message, an editor can remove the pinned message, but can't remove it if the broadcaster pins a message in chat. Likewise, if a…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Just like the timeout/ban in profiles, add a new category called warnings. Warnings can be issued by /warn [user] [reason] or by clicking a chat / profile button and entering a reason. Not everyone wants to timeout a user / ban a user. It would also allow us moderators to keep moderation actions private and not use the Wisper system and allow us to keep track of warnings and who their issued by. The way this would work is the user, would receive a popup with the warning or can receive a message like the announcement command, or a pinned…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can we get a category made specifically for things like twerking streams of we are allowing them?
    Right now the art and just chatting streams are being flooded with mostly nude people or twerking videos that are flooding out other content.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be useful to have the ability to use @mods to ping all the mods that are in the chat in the moment you write. That would be useful in two ways:
    1) chatters could send messages like "@mods I have a question: ..." or any other thing to tell / ask the mods. All mods would get a ping so that they definetly will recognise the message and can reply.
    2) Mods could send information to the other mods in chat. Yes it would be readable for the usual chatters as well but in some case that is…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Basically I want to be able to display specific streams that I mod for on my profile. I'd like it so we can select what ones we want to display.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make users use bits to send unban request, and giving the streamer the option to select the custom amount of bits.

So even if the streamer denies the appeal, they still keep the bits.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Editors on a channel can edit title, tags and a few other things but can't turn on/off the branded content option, think that it would be nice to have that feature be available to Editors to help the streamer so they can focus on games or whatever they are doing and just have to tell a editor to turn it on/off.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "I want to bring a requirement for an account to become a channel moderator.

• Requirement: minimum account creation time, for example, for someone to be able to add someone as a moderator on your channel, the account must be at least 7 days old, or even, you must follow the channel for 7 days if you want to be one moderator of this channel.

Every day there are people (with the account created on the same day and using VPN for sure) convincing new streamers to be moderators of their channel, and thus manage to trick the streamer and ban…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I like the additions you guys have made towards the clips page. Where editors/mods can delete clips from video / edit the clips names and such and all that.
    My request is, can you guys add a "Delete all clips from this User" ? I think this feature would help mass delete clips made by a certain user that was done with ill intent or such. I'm modding/editing for a streamer and iv seen clips that were made by one user with the purpose of sexualizing the streamer. Having that option would help take care of things outside of just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow moderators to set a character limit for the length of chat messages.
    When many users send long messages, it is often difficult for the streamer to keep the thread. It would be necessary to be able to set a lower limit, per channel, with a chat command.
    For example /lenght 100 to limit users to 100 characters per message, and /lenght off to disable the limit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow a report system for hate raids that flag the account for future raids, When in future they raid again it notifies the streamer and their mods that the raider has these previous reports / violations. Thus Providing feedback to the streamer / mods in the channel allowing them time to act / prepare and take action against any hate raid.

Example when a raid comes through it states:
    "Name" is raiding with 300 viewers ("Name" Has 4 Hate Raid violation Reports).

Additionally an option / button for mods to mass timeout / mute all incoming viewers from this raider…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Implement a design that mods can be rated by streamers and viewers to indicate their excellence in performance. Allow this to be community accessible, allowing streamers to locate the very best mods for their streams and to express the reward of value to moderators who place a great deal of personal commitment into a stream. A reward system could be implemented to add value to this by perhaps lowing sub fees for mods or offering Twitchcon Discounts on tickets for mods that reach a level of excellence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'll put it as simply as possible. We need to restrict the number of moderators on channels to three users, so that the majority can't appoint more than three mods, just like most streamers do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?