Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

39 results found

1. There have been cases of streamers banning users without any explanation, leaving the banned user feeling confused and frustrated. This lack of transparency can lead to a breakdown in trust between the streamer and their audience, and can also have a negative impact on the overall community.

Streamers should have to give a reason for a ban. And banned users should have the ability to appeal their ban to Twitch. This could be done through a system where the user can submit an appeal to Twitch, which can then review the ban and determine if it was justified. For instance,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Chatters that are currently live on Twitch should have a badge next to their name or some type of notification for the streamer. I have seen multiple streamers browse Twitch while they are live and harass other streamers. Being able to see that a chatter is live when they pop in and say "hi" would be a good warning for the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. i really hate that i have to make mods EDITORS to be able to change my stream title and update my schedule because i dont want ANYONE having the ability to delete my clips, vods and highlights except me and unfortunately editors can do that. Please can we get the ability to choose what permissions editors/mods have the ability to do?

SUGGESTION: Maybe we get rid of the editors role and then have a page where we can choose permissions for each mod/user.
    thankyou! ^w^

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I think we should have the option to simply prevent certain users from whispering us; and not have their messages disappear in chats we do not mod for. As a mod, I would prefer to see what troublesome users are saying in other channels and then being able to warn those moderators. However, not being able to see blocked users in other channels makes this impossible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The Activity Feed already shows "Poll ended" as an item, but doesn't show the results of the poll. Is is possible to include the winning answer as part of that result? Would help in case the mods and streamer miss the conclusion of a poll and can reference it later

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Idk if this is entirely the right category as it involves how the platform monitors traffic and stuff. It's not as if it's a "feature", versus a preventative measure to prohibit people from stream sniping.

Work with the server management team(s) on the gaming company's end, along with people's ISP to monitor for, and ensure that people cannot fire up someone's stream and intentionally queue up with them, and there be a grey area as to whether or not they're "screen peaking" via the stream.

Have it disconnect them if it senses they have stream open, and notify them through…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Groups of people are creating multi-accounts and following channels only for disturb, i think you must to add option to ban new accounts that follow the channel in shield mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. so when I got ban form the channel and after few days later it doesn’t said who check ban request by one of the mod so I have to end up re type the unban request again

I want to know if the dev team can able to make that tell a person of mod that check my unban request from that channel so I want to make sure it wasn’t a streamer that check the ban request because I can’t tell who check that unban request message was it the mods or was it the streamer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a history of reports and violations in the dashboard! I think this is a good idea!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I think carrying the bans over to the raided streamer's channel would help many raided creator's with the trolls that may have been watching the previous channel. This would mainly help with bigger creators raiding smaller creators! the raided creator's mods could maybe accept or deny the ban requests maybe, and if they accept, all the people who were banned in the previous chat get banned in theirs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. more privacy rules the ability too see guests no users viewing my stream and remove them for a more private community stream

i have an issue with being possibly being watched by an ex or someone who isnt acting as a user and they constantly watch my channel i cant see who it is or ban them or stop guests from viewing my stream , it would be cool for more rules if possible if guests lurk they get cut of after so many minutes maybe or even muted video so tempt the watch to become a user

im not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  13. So i get bullied/harrased while streaming, usernames are the main thing attacking me or friends with really messed up stuff. It is so bad that i have to stop my game and report them and block them.

My idea is, can we please have a feature that says you can only watch this streamer if you are a follower. Not the you can't type anything in the chat ****. Or even have it as a 30 seconds countdown that if the person doesnt follow your stream in that amount of time, they get black screened and a pop up that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be useful if a streamer could set it so that moderated chats are hidden from them live, but are still able to be reviewed elsewhere if necessary. It would help the stream not become derailed if the streamer is being constantly harassed by one or more individuals, as moderators could essentially hide what was going on from the streamer. And it would have the added benefit of letting moderators remove blatant spoilers before they are seen by the streamer as well.

This would require a lot of trust on the streamer's part, but that is why it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Most bots have the possibility of choosing actions to be taken depending on filters. An emote spam filter for example would be very useful especially if it could delete the specific message only and recognize bttv, 7tv and ffz emotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The feature would allow the moderators on mobile to run , close , and distribute channel points without the use of a pc! It’s more reliable a game changer at that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Inserire la possibilità di vedere il nome degli altri account collegati alla medesima email. Questo potrebbe aiutare nel caso venissero usati account diversi per eludere un ban.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. let mods or just everyone look at a channel's logs. Not user logs, the whole channel for each day. I used this on overrustle to check usage of 3rd party emotes (ctrl-f) day to day to optimize them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. This might be something rather cool if you implement moderators for a specific game category. To clarify, users who have been watching a specific game for quite a while will be given moderator privileges to help with smaller channels. Of coarse, this privilege could be removed if users abuse this power and the channel broadcaster still has the option to ban them from their channel. Just a suggestion I think would be pretty neat, feel free to post any thoughts about this! :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?