Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. Shield Mode should not be located next to the Moderator Sword when switching from Normal View to Mod View. It has cause multiple issues during streamers lives because of its proximity to the Mod Sword.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to see the ability to disable the follow button awhile Shield Mode is active on a channel. For example, if a hate raid is occurring through follows, these may trigger alerts through third-party systems outside of Shield Mode's control.

The ability to temporarily disable the ability to follow a channel during an attack mitigates this impact significantly.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  3. I'd like to see the ability to enable unique chat (formerly r9k) automatically when a channel is in Shield Mode.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  4. Shield Mode allows for messages from first-time chatters to be silently dropped.

A better implementation of this restriction would operate through low-trust-users (where the chatter is marked as restricted in the suspicious users interface), so mods can see the messages that were trying to be sent, and optionally unrestrict good faith first-time chatters.

With the current implementation, mods don't know who are the blocked first-time chatters or what message content they are trying to send. Via the suspicious users interface, mods could unrestrict first-time chatters that appear in good faith while shield mode is activated.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shield Mode should not be displayed without explaining that it clears chat. It should be locked into Mod View, not default channel view.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  6. I feel like adding a confirmation message/button when enabling Shield Mode, there is too many "miss clicks" it's too close to other buttons, as suggested before.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  7. Shield Mode should have a setting to not allow "day old, week old" accounts to follow. These accounts are usually made for bot follows or to overstep bans/timeouts. Same with Bot follows.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shield Mode is a great addition to Twitch and will definitely make keeping our streams safe easier. It would be nice to have the Shield Mode shortcut button also in the Stream Manager chat as now it only seems to be in the chat on your channel page chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  10. Hola que tal cordial saludo, he sufrido múltiples ataques d cuentas BOTS y por lo regular, dichas cuentas son recién creadas, seria muy importante, una herramienta de que el Streamer, pueda elegir en el escudo, poder poner filtro a las cuentas recién creadas para que NO te sigan. NO debido a esto perdi un canal con mas de un año d trabajo, con mas de 14.000 seguidores y es algo que me ha dolido mucho por culpa de los ataques de bots.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I wish Shield mode had a Slider in Moderator Mode just like the other chat options. However to prevent accidental Activation it had a confirmation pop up kind of like when you look at emotes or click a username to gift a sub.

Admin audit: Summarized idea in title for ease of search & discovery by other users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice to have the possibility to create a Txt file or something to add all the terms you regulary want to ban instead of cleaning the list each time you deactivate the shield mode, this way you can add multiple terms in one click instead of adding one by time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. i would like to set different levels for the individual categories under automod in shield mode, the presets r terrible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I'd like Shield Mode to automatically disable follower only chat, sub only chat, etc when I am online.

Basically, if I'm offline, Shield Mode should be on in full force, when I'm online, disable it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When using Shield, I think it would be a great addition to allow the streamer to decide on having autobans or timeouts, depending on the severity of what is said in chat by chatters.

I understand that the autoban is there to prevent some really nasty things in chat, and for that, I get it. But, my mind is telling me that I also would like to have the option to change that for certain phrases and/or individual words.

e.g.

When entering custom phrases like, "you suck", "ur trash", etc.

These are definitely mean, but bannable offenses, I don't think…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?