Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

18 results found

1. Currently anonymous subs can be given to offensive account names and the streamer has no ability to report this. A gifter can continue to do this indefinitely. Streamers can only report the accounts that were gifted which does not solve the problem.

This leads to immediate and continuous abuse.

You removed Anonymous Bits for "Abuse" reasons despite them not carrying a name, image, or message. You left in Anonymous Gift subs even though they can be used like this. Give us an option to report these actions.

611 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback! 

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

2. Regarding chat verification, it is good that you can set it to email/phone verification if an account is newer than a certain period of time, however I have confirmed that while this prevents an account from chatting, this does not prevent an account from following a channel without verifying.

In the past I have been harassed by people (and seen people harassed) by users who never said a word in chat. Their method of harassment would be to create an account with revealing information about the streamer and simply hit follow. They would be banned, however the account would be…

542 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I believe that Twitch should add REGEX support for Automod "Blocked words and phrases". This would be a very helpful feature for chat moderation since a lot of users can easily get past the blocked term by intentionally misspelling a word. This would also allow streamers to enforce English only characters in chat. I'm aware that twitch allows using the "*" wildcard but in many instances this is simply not enough.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add the names of moderators who delete, lock, or select the result of a Prediction

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

5. The New Shared Ban Info feature should have a section to show the reasoning of the ban in a channel so the mods know exactly why the user is suspicious. It makes it difficult for us mods to know why the user is banned if the reason is only being shown in the chat they were banned in and not the suspicious user box in our chat.

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hey Twitch Community,

I've got a simple suggestion that could make life easier for all of us, especially mods. Right now, when someone shares a link in a mod comment, it's just plain text. We have to copy and paste it to access it, which can be a bit of a hassle, especially when it's for something like checking out a screenshot.

So, how about we make those links clickable in user cards? It's a quick and easy fix that would save us all time and make things smoother. Whether it's for reviewing evidence, sharing resources, or anything else, clickable…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Random Twitch users are granting Moderator roles to my friends and I. We are not associated with the random Twitch users' channels nor communities. However, we are now forced to be linked to people who use terrible language and put others down. There is a link internal to Twitch and if somehow we found ourselves in these awful channels, we would be seen as Moderators.

It does not matter if we are not followed to these channels. It does not matter if the random Twitch users are added to our block lists.

We need a safety feature that prevents random…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I have over 28.000 bans on my channel, banning about 40-50 accounts per day and have no way to circumvent the targeted attacks because of the lack of geolocated moderation. I need to impose limitations for accounts chatting from a specific country (italy) that's where the hate is coming from.

The only bandaid fix for now is going full sub-only mode which has the downside of stifling channel growth because legitimate new users won't be able to interact at all. Also, I would suggest allowing the streamer to set phone verification requirement only for specific regions to avoid imposing blanket…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The new "banned users cannot watch the stream" might be worth adding to the shield mode system.

So you throw shield mode on and then banned users auto enables if enabled in the shield mode configuration

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →

---

10. Currently, users can block whispers from strangers (which most seem to have enabled), where strangers are not "someone you follow, someone you subscribe to, one of your mods, or one of your editors".

It would be helpful if mods for "someone you follow or someone you subscribe to" were also included in this list but only be applicable if mods utilize the Quick Whisper button within Mod View. Limiting it to only when the Quick Whisper button is used would keep it from being abused outside of the stream.

This will allow mods to send warnings to users without calling…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shield Mode allows for messages from first-time chatters to be silently dropped.

A better implementation of this restriction would operate through low-trust-users (where the chatter is marked as restricted in the suspicious users interface), so mods can see the messages that were trying to be sent, and optionally unrestrict good faith first-time chatters.

With the current implementation, mods don't know who are the blocked first-time chatters or what message content they are trying to send. Via the suspicious users interface, mods could unrestrict first-time chatters that appear in good faith while shield mode is activated.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. it' always uncomfortable to scroll up and look at viewers' chat logs lf you type a word, please let me haver achat that includes that word

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. So in practice this idea seems simple and would be effective. The basic premise of this would be that the Streamer can toggle on/off a feature that would require someone to have a twitch account and be following to view the content otherwise it would just be a black screen that says "Please login and follow to view the following content". I think this could help prevent harassment on various levels as I will describe.

Scenario 1 - Stream Sniping
    So for anyone who plays online multiplayer games, stream snipers can ruin a stream quiet fast. Whether it be Fortnite,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Your changes to mod view makes no sense.
    • Stream looks smaller
    • You made a huge top bar to display the stream session time. Not even 30% of the bar is used. It's sole purpose is to make the stream smaller.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shared ban lists should have the option of auto-banning people on the list (instead of just monitoring or restricting them). Most likely this would have to be paired with some way of categorizing and collaborating on your ban list so you could just share a "worst of the worst" ban list with another streamer and anyone either of you adds there would be auto-banned from both your channels. This could help streamers who have shared values and a close relationship avoid problematic streamers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have an option to permit a message that is flagged by auto mod instead of adding it as a permitted term.
    This is because sometimes a term is relevant to a topic of discussion but can quickly be used in an inappropriate or hateful manner.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Salve
    Sarebbe possibile che i messaggi gli utenti limitati dalla chat venissero anche inseriti nella UserCard. Questo potrebbe consentire oltre alle revisione della limitazione dell'utente, anche per avere una cronologia del comportamento. Potrebbe anche consentire ad altri moderatori non presenti di accedere ai messaggi di quel utente. Magari potrebbero essere evidenziati nella UserCard per distinguerli da quelli normalmente mandati.
    Grazie dell'attenzione

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I wish Shield mode had a Slider in Moderator Mode just like the other chat options. However to prevent accidental Activation it had a confirmation pop up kind of like when you look at emotes or click a username to gift a sub.

Admin audit: Summarized idea in title for ease of search & discovery by other users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?