Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

555 results found

1. The premise is simple: If someone is getting banned on the Twitch platform 5, 6, even 7 times within the span of 1 year for violating the Twitch Terms of Service, regardless of their partner or non-partner status, that user is a liability to the safety and integrity of the Twitch platform, brand, and image.

Under a new "3 strikes, you're out" permanent ban system, all users, regardless of partner or non-partner status, are equally given up to three (3) account bans within a span of three (3) years, at which time that user will receive a permanent ban from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Mods need to be able to raid, set stream titles, and unpublish VODs, not Editors.

These are functions concerning the management of a live stream, and have nothing to do with Video Editing.

If a streamer even has a Video Editor, they're not watching, or managing the streams, so they have no need to do these things.

Further, most streamers don't understand why a mod can't raid out, or change titles, or unpublish VODs if something happens and the channel might be at risk in the moment, while streaming.

And trying to explain why they need to grant "editor" privileges…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. I had this issue for a while, in mod view you have next to stream title that "pen" moderation tool, which allows you to change titles and game category for the streamer, but once it just dissappeared for me and i do not have it there anymore. Does anyone have any idea why that happened, is it only a bug or doest it have to do with some twitch specific settings?

any help is appreciated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. Hey!

Editors should have some more functionality I think in line with some of the ideas that Twitch added over the years to make them further distinct from moderators and warrant actually placing someone as an editor only or moderator + editor.

Some examples:

• Removing VIP badges/moderators from channels or adding VIPs/moderators to channels.

• Maybe a "role hierarchy" of Broadcaster -> Editor -> Moderator to make editor more distinct.
      So for example, if a moderator pins a message, an editor can remove the pinned message, but can't remove it if the broadcaster pins a message in chat. Likewise, if a…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. For about a week now, I have been unable to use the Batch Reporting Tool. When I drop the menu to select a reason for a report, no text appears in any of the options; they are just a series of narrow, featureless horizontal bars.

I have reproduced this in both old and new Mod View in both Firefox and Chrome under Linux. Colleagues have also reproduced it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge under Windows 10. One colleague found the tool still worked for them under Edge on Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. i wish that "user" in Twitch Community Guideline includes broadcasters [including Twitch Ambassadors], moderators and their "communities", and that contracts signed to abide Twitch Community Guidelines are legal binding.

a victim who is outnumbered by pre-credible bullies is a victim whether those bullies believe otherwise or not.

how is Twitch a safe platform for everyone, when a victim turns to people in positions to help for help and those people laugh them off out of hand?

why are you so focused on protecting a broadcaster, their moderators and their "communities" from a viewer and not focused on protecting a viewer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a shortcut to arrange the channels followed by the letters A to Z to make it easier for the person to access them

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Twitch i Been Streaming on Twitch for 3 Years and now I See Girls Streamers Go Topless and it Needs to Stop on My Front Page on My Stream

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please stop the e-thots and e-whores meta. Provide meaningful moderation and end the sexual themes. Be a grown adult and realize what you're doing is wrong for both company image and customer views of the company.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. editors should have the permission to turn of a stream if the broadcaster is to drunk and cant turn it of him/her self.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I like the additions you guys have made towards the clips page. Where editors/mods can delete clips from video / edit the clips names and such and all that.
    My request is, can you guys add a "Delete all clips from this User" ? I think this feature would help mass delete clips made by a certain user that was done with ill intent or such. I'm modding/editing for a streamer and iv seen clips that were made by one user with the purpose of sexualizing the streamer. Having that option would help take care of things outside of just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can we get a category made specifically for things like twerking streams of we are allowing them?
    Right now the art and just chatting streams are being flooded with mostly nude people or twerking videos that are flooding out other content.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. i really hate that i have to make mods EDITORS to be able to change my stream title and update my schedule because i dont want ANYONE having the ability to delete my clips, vods and highlights except me and unfortunately editors can do that. Please can we get the ability to choose what permissions editors/mods have the ability to do?

SUGGESTION: Maybe we get rid of the editors role and then have a page where we can choose permissions for each mod/user.
    thankyou! ^w^

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This is already a thing in the stream manager and it would be very useful if when a mod is in mod view they do not need to watch ad breaks while moderating a channel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow mods and streamers to see previews nicknames from the viewers after they changed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a chat moderator today which unfortunately fell victim to a several hundred user chat spam bot posting dodgy discords and highly offensive messages, I was able to ban them all with the shield mode tool which worked incredibly well.

The problem is - using the batch reporting tool, after I went past the first 100 or so, it stopped allowing me to report any more accounts.

I understand a cap to prevent spam reports, but SURELY, for moderators using the batch reporting tool, especially when spam bots are all over Twitch the way they are, the amount should be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ban thirst traps. This platform used to be for gamers and creators, now it seems to be about lazy thirst traps wanting a quick buck. Ban hot tub streams and require a dress code of sorts to keep thirst traps off the platform. Have some respect for the creators that they steal views from just because their basically naked.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello everyone,

More than an idea, it is an awareness that I have developed over time thanks to experience.
    Very often those who begin to undertake the path of Moderation are driven by the desire to come into greater contact with their favorite streamer, with their idol, but the importance of this task is underestimated.

Being a moderator means taking on the moral and practical responsibility for a person's work, their dreams, their goals, their efforts and their future.
    I consider these human aspects fundamental both on the internet and in life and as such every aspiring moderator should have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It makes cleaning up followbot raids and identifying suspicious accounts immediately so much easier. Half the time the bots stop viewing, so you can't pull them from active chat. Being able to click on the username from the Activity Log and ban the user directly is so much more straightforward.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?