Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

551 results found

1. So my suggestion is to add the ability for accounts to be automatically restricted from chatting based on the email address they used to create the account. I know there's the problem with privacy, personal data etc. The solution is to replace email domains with identifiers unique to every channel, so that emaildomain1 identifier in one channel is different from other channels. If a ban
    evader uses for example maildomain1.com to register multiple accounts, moderators should be able to see a unique identifier based on that maildomain1 and flag all future accounts using that maildomain1 as restricted.

Also there should…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. I invested in hot ******* and got no ******* so i got a Lady of Liberty (usa joke, canada kewl quebecois oui oui ca c'est un bonne chose!" (FRENCH LANGUAGE AI BRUHHHH_+++++.mpg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be ideal if Twitch set a tax, a fine for people who get banned that varies based on the ban. Each ban level is assigned a monetary value that the streamer must pay. I think this allows Twitch to ensure a cleaner platform and reduce bans

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. please add a way to stop possible /likey ban evaders from coming to the stream. twitch currently only stops banned people and not possible/ likely ban evaders ive reported atleast 600 accounts requesting and demanding they IP ban the user and twitch does nothing, seriously about to switch to another platform to stream if nothing is done!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. My suggestion would be that within the moderation rank 2 ranks could be established, chief moderator rank and moderator rank so that the moderators can be controlled and be able to delete or put timeout if necessary.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Streamers currently have a block list so we can prevent usage of certain words or phrases being used in chat.

We would like to have a similar block list but for usernames, so if someone has created a username that contains a word or phrase that's restricted in our channel, AUTOMOD would prevent them from interacting with chat and give moderators an alert so they can review if the username truly contains a restricted word or not and choose to allow the user to interact with chat.

If the user attempts to follow the channel it would detect the restricted…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  8. So i get bullied/harrased while streaming, usernames are the main thing attacking me or friends with really messed up stuff. It is so bad that i have to stop my game and report them and block them.

My idea is, can we please have a feature that says you can only watch this streamer if you are a follower. Not the you can't type anything in the chat ****. Or even have it as a 30 seconds countdown that if the person doesnt follow your stream in that amount of time, they get black screened and a pop up that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  9. In affiliate onboarding, there is a last step of identity verification but this process is always failing please fix this issue as soon as possible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  10. It would be great to bring back the Global Moderator program. I think it would keep streams a safer space, especially for newer streamers who do not need a full time mod but someone to shout people out or to handle unruly chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be nice to have the possibility to create a Txt file or something to add all the terms you regulary want to ban instead of cleaning the list each time you deactivate the shield mode, this way you can add multiple terms in one click instead of adding one by time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  12. Detallar y ser más específico al momento de mostrar las configuraciones.

No son del todo claras las especificaciones mostradas dentro de la herramienta de Escudo. Al no comprender a qué se refieren, prefiero no activarlas.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There have been many cases where people have been suspended for blatant rule violations by committing sexual and or vulgar acts, however these ban/suspension durations (if they get banned or suspended at all) seem to be directly related to the large following and income they bring to twitch. it would seem to me and most anyone with access to your site, that it is an unfair practice to simply pick and choose who you decide to allow to break the agreements based off of the monetary value they create. Ive recently started streaming myself, and have had one viewer suspended…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  14. Basically it prevents harassment from new accounts.

If the account is less than X amount of days old they cannot view the chat. Or the stream or anything.

That would help so much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i would like to set different levels for the individual categories under automod in shield mode, the presets r terrible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  16. I am a moderator of a channel and for months I have not been able to check the chat history. I have tried with several browsers, but my colleagues don’t have this issue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  17. The premise is simple: If someone is getting banned on the Twitch platform 5, 6, even 7 times within the span of 1 year for violating the Twitch Terms of Service, regardless of their partner or non-partner status, that user is a liability to the safety and integrity of the Twitch platform, brand, and image.

Under a new "3 strikes, you're out" permanent ban system, all users, regardless of partner or non-partner status, are equally given up to three (3) account bans within a span of three (3) years, at which time that user will receive a permanent ban from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mods need to be able to raid, set stream titles, and unpublish VODs, not Editors.

These are functions concerning the management of a live stream, and have nothing to do with Video Editing.

If a streamer even has a Video Editor, they're not watching, or managing the streams, so they have no need to do these things.

Further, most streamers don't understand why a mod can't raid out, or change titles, or unpublish VODs if something happens and the channel might be at risk in the moment, while streaming.

And trying to explain why they need to grant "editor" privileges…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. I had this issue for a while, in mod view you have next to stream title that "pen" moderation tool, which allows you to change titles and game category for the streamer, but once it just dissappeared for me and i do not have it there anymore. Does anyone have any idea why that happened, is it only a bug or doest it have to do with some twitch specific settings?

any help is appreciated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)