Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. There is a difference between Mobile-Phone Number, and Tele-Phone Number.
    I have Telephone (from State) but no Mobile!
    Why Twitch can't send me the "Code-Number" to my Telephone?
    Other companies can do this, no problem.
    ... another example would be: why i can't verified via e-mail adress?
    Discord can do this too, why can't do twitch as same?

(besides, it doesn't do much good anyway.
    I see daily some spambot's in the chat....
    They are allowed to use the chat. Unfortunately not me.)

...one year later:
    I hope i will get a free mobilephone as a present to christmas for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Shared-bans feature need more infos !

Actualy we only have the state that somone is banned from an other stream.
    We have to go ask the mods of the stream in question each time why he was banned to decide if we also ban him or if we remove the chat restriction.

We can't just ban them because they are banished elsewhere. If we can't note the reason in the moderator comment, they have every chance of being unbanned if they make a deban request because we don't even know the reason. While it may be for very good reasons

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. You have the option to block or allow links.

It would be nice if you could set which classes can post links.

Followers, VIPS, MOD's subscribers.

unfortunately you can only turn it on and off.

It would be easier for a streamer if we could directly decide who is allowed to post links and who is not.

For now, there's only this: Block links Your channel's chat will automatically delete URLs that weren't posted by yourself, your moderators, admins, or VIPs.

But the subscribers go away empty-handed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Often times if a disagreement has happened between viewer and steamer, the streamer will bring up a users chat history, while a mod or themselves mutes the viewer, giving them no way to respond. I can understand on principal that this may be good towards preventing escalations, but it feels cruel to the user. An indicator showing they have left viewing, can indicate that the streamer is effectively not talking to the person. Duck tape the mouth, but not the legs, so they can see you leave the room. I think targeted harassment would decrease.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  5. The website https://www.twitch.tv/moderator/ is useful, but it is limited to 100 channels and randomly. I can see 100 channels there, ok, but several other channels like that are not there. For example, now three partner channels are online and they don't appear there for me, some with partner and without are there at the same time. I don't know the requirements to go there, but there are channels that have been online for more than 2 hours and are not in the middle or at the top of the list. It doesn't appear anywhere.
    The moderation tool in the moderator…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  6. Moderators are important individuals on Twitch who dedicate a significant amount of time voluntarily to maintain a clean environment. They play a crucial role in supporting streamers and fostering the formation of communities.
    Will there be a possibility in the future for communities to support moderators? Or is this something that is not considered by Twitch?

I am active in several communities and know that the viewers would always like to send something to the moderators as a thank you. Currently we have to run all this via third parties or streamers forward the bits to the moderators, for example.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Hello.

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/951706-moderation/suggestions/42550657-mobile-moderation

I know that this proposal takes a lot of points to fix moderation on mobile devices, but, with the new restricted chat messages per user, makes this feature useless if moderators can't see them as well. Meanwhile the app gets attention for improvement from the developers, at least, can fix this ASAP so moderators keep moderating.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Restrict an user in your chat using moderation tools
    2. The user sends a message

Current behavior:
    The message is shown only for moderators in web browser but not for mobile moderators

Expected behavior:
    The message must be…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ana responded

Please disregard the More Info Needed – looks like there was additional information for reproduction steps that I could not see in our UI, sorry about this! Thank you.

8. Recently, I found myself barred from a channel following a comment I made about a competing Streamer. Although my remark had a slightly negative tone, I promptly followed up with an apology.
    Despite this, the exact reason for my ban remains a mystery, leading me to believe that the process of banning may be more subjective than desired.
    Consequently, I am advocating for a more structured and transparent banning system. In the current scenario, the criteria for banning vary significantly from one Streamer to the next, causing confusion among viewers.
    What if we could introduce a table or matrix system,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Since recently, the history of user messages has broken. For some reason, a maximum of 99 messages is displayed for any user. I talk about "Mod View" on PC, when you open a user profile.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  10. A list for moderators to view who the other mods have marked as suspicious user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. For the first enablement of shield mode by a moderator there should be a brief warning pop up of exactly what it does. There is a bit of a bubble that almost advertises it as press this button and can cause infrequent mods to accidentally enable shield mode. You should also be able to disable shield mode with the same button, not with a switch on the screen that pops up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great for channel Editors to be shown in the AutoMod queue when users attempt to use blocked terms in a channel. Certain words/phrases can have multiple variations and it's unknown when someone is actually trying to use those. Having this available to Editors+ would be helpful for catching bad actors before something gets posted in chat, without bothering all mods who may not all be privy to that information or know how to deal with it (such as attempts at doxxing). Mod Cards should also have a separate section for blocked terms/automodded words so that all of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently, when you enable the "Show mod icons" in a chat where you have that permission, the icons for ban/timeout/delete message take up a lot of space in chat and it's quite easy to misclick an icon on a wrong message if chat is moving in a fast pace. For those reasons, I generally have this option disabled in chats that I moderate.

I like the way how the "pin this message" and "reply to message" icons work, whereas they only show when you hover over a specific message in chat. Could we make all mod icons work like that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  14. The "Filters" menu on the "Activity Feed" widget opens downward. This can cause the menu to go below the browser screen, depending on the layout of the Mod View and screen resolution.

It should be how "Mod Actions" is designed.
    The "Filter" menu on the "Mod Actions" widget opens in a position that is visible no matter how far down to the bottom of browser the widget is positioned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  15. When i view a user's chat messages on the User Card, I would like to be able to click the message (or, just the timestamp) and deep-link to the VOD at approximately (maybe 30 seconds prior?) to the message being posted. This can help give needed context to a chat message, which sometimes can be interpreted incorrectly without the larger context.

As it is now, I'd have to do the math to figure out the local-time timestamp to the VOD by figuring out the start time of the stream and then seek to the offset of that start time of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  16. Reporting messages by the community would work on the principle that next to the message or in the user's profile from the streamer's side, there will be a button from reporting the user (anonymously or with the name visible) to moderation of the channel. The streamer's moderators will decide whether to apply the appropriate punishment or possibly report the user's message to twitch

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. That's to say: Sometimes streamers censor illogical words like "shield" and "spoiler", or even more and more illogical words, and to the person sending the message it doesn't show it replaced with "***", which leads to some communication issues.

Solution: have it show replaced for the sender as well, maybe even inform them which word it is (in case it was not a globally blacklisted word for obvious reasons). Or allow viewers to disable the censorship overall on their side if they want, just like how we have chat filters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I've created a Channel about dogs. When I create a clip, in the title I try to put something which has the word 'dog' (perro in Spanish), and it says there's an insult in the title. I've changed moderation level to 2 and also added the words 'perro' and 'perros' to the admitted words, but still it doesn't work.
    Could you please fix it?
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  19. Currently, Automod doesn't censor VIPs or Moderators, and while normally it shouldn't have to, the thing is accidents do happen. As a Family Friendly streamer, it's important to me that my viewers aren't exposed to any foul language. Unfortunately, some of my VIPs and even Mods forget to think before they speak and a bad word suddenly manages to slip out... When these thankfully rare situations arise, I rely on automod to catch it as my last line of defense, but sadly that hasn't been the case. Just like with allowing or blocking links for VIPs and Moderators, I'd greatly…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  20. Please go back to moderators being able to block users from appearing in their own chat, with the option to <click to show>.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?