Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. This could enable mods or streamers the ability to see ban reasoning for a ban in a shared channel (provided any is given). In addition to helping channels moderate who comes into their channel and chats, this would also make Shared Ban Info useful for moderating bots that sit quietly in chat that may be generating follow-bot raids, collecting ISPs, or merely collecting data for who knows who and for what purpose. Having some indication that they are banned (and the reasoning) in a channel for which ban info is shared on User Profile Cards would make Shared Ban Info…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  2. It is way too easy to accidentally activate Shield mode for a new moderator when there is a click-through handholding guide that pops up with it. Please make it wait until after the walkthrough to avoid accidental activation. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  3. A channel I mod for gets hate follows targetting part of the streamers' identity frequently - specifically the username being a hateful message.
    At current, that name cannot be removed from the Activity Feed and Moderation Actions histories, even after the account has been banned for TOS violations.
    This can result in them being visible to the streamer and mods for a while, depending on the activity of the channel.

It would be nice for moderators to have the ability to hide such actions in those lists to protect Streamers from such hateful content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Automod blocks the phrase gay sex but not the work sex or the phrase straight sex

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  5. AutoMod is a great tool to filter chat, but when a malicious user sees that their message was held for review, they often type variations of it to get it through the filter.

It would be nice to have an option in mod settings to hide the notification stating that a message was held for review. Additionally, displaying the message as sent(only for the user in question); If they're unaware that there's a filter, they won't try to circumvent it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. Sometimes mods timeout/ban someone on accident. We quickly unban them, but it still shows that they've been timed out and their record isn't clean. This can be harmful to the chatter as other mods or the streamer might think they've actually done something wrong and make a decision in the future based on this false record.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. What i'd like to propose is a separate chat window thats designated for moderators. One of the biggest issues when it comes to larger streamers is an endless chat torrent that makes it near impossible to catch mod messages, even with slow mode enabled. By adding in a designated mod chat window, it would enable the broadcaster to freely swap between that and their main chat, and that way communications from their moderators won't get lost within a rapidly moving text wall.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As someone who has to manually keep track of when the next hypetrain is available by writing the time once a train is completed. It would be nice to have a mod notification alerting mods that a hypetrain is ready. There are times where I forget to write down time and have to do my best to figure out when the next is ready. Having a notification would solve that issue and allow me to focus more on chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add simple sorting options for redemption queue in moderator and streamer view. Particularly the ability to sort the redemption list by most recent.
    Highly active redemptions can quickly stack up many pages in the history, and clicking through sets of 50 for something in the multiple hundreds or even thousands is both slow and causes browser lag. A simple drop down and "sort by most recent" would solve these problems and increase convenience.

One streamer I moderate for is chronically anxious about rejecting or completing the history, and has hundreds of thousands of entries in the queues going back years.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  10. I want to become a cooking streamer and people have been telling me people are not allowed to put Cream in their stream title. I feel if they are a cooking stream they should be allowed to put cream in the title especially if they are making a boston cream pie, or cream of chicken soup Ect, But only if it is a cooking stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  11. Have a section in Twitch where you can see all the streamers who you have moderator role. This would be helpful in the long run since some Twitch users have a moderator role on more than one channel.

Similar to modlookup, a third party website where Twitch users can see all of the streamers who are they currently moderating. Since Twitch's API changes in February 2023 have made it impossible to keep modlookup operational, it would be nice to have as separate section for users to access and would be convenient for it to link to streamers we currently moderate…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. EN: Hello, you should do an audit on the Twitch France moderation team. Rumors are flying all over the Discord servers about possible channel migrations to other platforms. Streamers are starting to poll their audience on the subject; and not the least since this brews an average of 5000 viewers per stream. The reasons that often come up are: the shares taken by Twitch on each sub; low quality of dialogue between streamers and Twitch France; the quality of moderation responsible for sanctioning streamers, clearly oriented and less and less objective.
    FR: Bonjour, vous devriez faire un audit sur l'équipe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow a report system for hate raids that flag the account for future raids, When in future they raid again it notifies the streamer and their mods that the raider has these previous reports / violations. Thus Providing feedback to the streamer / mods in the channel allowing them time to act / prepare and take action against any hate raid.

Example when a raid comes through it states:
    "Name" is raiding with 300 viewers ("Name" Has 4 Hate Raid violation Reports).

Additionally an option / button for mods to mass timeout / mute all incoming viewers from this raider…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be useful if a streamer could set it so that moderated chats are hidden from them live, but are still able to be reviewed elsewhere if necessary. It would help the stream not become derailed if the streamer is being constantly harassed by one or more individuals, as moderators could essentially hide what was going on from the streamer. And it would have the added benefit of letting moderators remove blatant spoilers before they are seen by the streamer as well.

This would require a lot of trust on the streamer's part, but that is why it would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I'd like Shield Mode to automatically disable follower only chat, sub only chat, etc when I am online.

Basically, if I'm offline, Shield Mode should be on in full force, when I'm online, disable it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  16. Most bots have the possibility of choosing actions to be taken depending on filters. An emote spam filter for example would be very useful especially if it could delete the specific message only and recognize bttv, 7tv and ffz emotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When using Shield, I think it would be a great addition to allow the streamer to decide on having autobans or timeouts, depending on the severity of what is said in chat by chatters.

I understand that the autoban is there to prevent some really nasty things in chat, and for that, I get it. But, my mind is telling me that I also would like to have the option to change that for certain phrases and/or individual words.

e.g.

When entering custom phrases like, "you suck", "ur trash", etc.

These are definitely mean, but bannable offenses, I don't think…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shield Mode  ·  Admin →
  18. Stream delay for viewer categories

To combat stream snipers, allow streamers to customize a stream delay for each group of viewers. Similar to the "Followers-only mode" settings in Moderation, but for the stream itself.
    e.g. Subscribers: no delay, Followers: 30s-1min delay, Non-followers/Guests: 3min delay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. As someone who mods for 16+ people on another platform and a few on a Twitch, I think Twitch should start hiring a few people to be a paid mod, and to set them aside from the streamers selected mods these paid ones should have a gold sword instead of the green one. Also everytime they enter a live even if it's one they've been to multiple times, it should show them the streamers requirements for chat so they can know what to always look for.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  20. The new feature that allows people to tag creators in the channel title does not currently work in Mod View. Having that not visible in the title in Mod View makes the feature feel like it's not working and if a mod happened to want to look more into the creators that are being tagged, they would have to manually search for that creator or find them in the viewer list (which, there is no guarantee that someone being featured on the stream would be in the viewer list) which defeats the purpose of having the feature in the first…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?