Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

137 results found

1. I have no problem with ads usually and I understand why they're there, but it seems that a new feature rolled out that makes it so that an ad plays every 20 minutes when you're watching a vod.

I find this really annoying, as the ads are usually about 100% more loud than the vod so every 20 minutes I need to stop whatever I'm doing and turn down the volume on my computer (since I can't change the volume of the ad, which is not great either btw) and wait for the ad to finish so I can turn…

453 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Give broadcasters the choice of what type of ads to play (political, beauty, sports, etc.) And make it so broadcaster-run ads disable random ads for longer periods of time.

That way the streamer is in control of their cast

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hello,

I'm a moderator for a few channels. I'm not a sub in all the channels. When someone I stream for starts, that I am not subscribed in but am a moderator I usually get 1-3 ads before I can enter the stream.

It would be extremely helpful if ad's or at the very least pre-rolls were disabled for moderators for the channel they mod in.

Thank you!

265 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. bits and subscription audio ads to encourage viewers to sub or use bits

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove ads from people streaming below a certain viewer amount.

Good god, it's so incredibly frustrating to go to people who have maybe 10-50 viewers, and you get a 30 second unskippable ad. I understand big events having ads, I understand people with 100-500 viewers getting ads. But when I visit a friend who's streaming with 4 viewers, and I get ads, it royally pisses me off. Your ads are becoming more annoying to deal with than YT advertisings.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If you are going to have midrolls you need to provide us tools to work with the midrolls as best we can as creators. Enough people have given you a reason it is a bad idea. I am offering up ideas to make it at least workable if you continue this route.

• We need a countdown on the streamer dash and the mod view on when the next ad will roll. Like a producer would have.
    • We need a limited ability to push back an adroll. Like a one time 2 minute snooze button, or a trigger early button.
    • We…
    36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 99.9% of all twitch ads are just annoyances to me, mainly because they are untargeted and I don't care about their content at all. I always get movie ads. And I never watch movies. I suggest twitch reworks its subscriber system: make it like ISPs do it to provide internet access: 5 bucks a month flat, no ads, a portion goes to individual streamers based on view time.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I wish there was a option for affiliates and Partners alike to turn off preroll ads, a lot of us especially the smaller streamers hate that this is a thing and having a option to turn it off would make a lot of our streams a lot better. The reason why I say a toggle feature is because some streamers have a living from this so its not fair for them not to have it but the smaller streamers we dont like it and it drives away a lot from us

Thank you for reading this and taking this into…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ads without music won't be as disturbing. Also, ads which sounds like TTS give minor disturbance and attribute the stream with a level of engagement.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Listening to ASMR you want to relax and not be either WOKEN UP or RUIN YOUR RELAXATION! (Thus my capitalization just now!)

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Small creators have little to no opportunity to gain from ads because there simply aren't the viewers to gain anything monetarily.

A fix would be to provide a greater incentive (more ad free time/bits but also the ability to opt out entirely unless the view count crosses a certain threshold e.g. 100+ viewers.

Ads may be what keeps twitch free but there are plenty of 24 hour streams that constantly run on twitch because people come to twitch for the non-TV experience. Twitch threatens itself by changing into a cable-like experience

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pretty much as it says in the title. Interrupting live content is the most patently stupid way of going about this. I suggest the following:
    1. Make the forced mid rolls use the smaller picture-by-picture player and make them silent so the stream doesn't need to be muted.
    2. Use banner ads instead.
    3. Pause the live stream in the background while the ad plays so that viewers don't miss anything.
    4. Abandon the idea altogether.
    5. Give creators full control of when they play and what ads get played.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Pre-Rolls Need To End: A huge majority of people aren't sitting through an unskippable 3-5 min ad to see someone they've never watched before. As a creator I would much rather be required to run 1-2 ads within a stream at a chosen time, than these pre-rolls scaring off new people. At having to run one, I can do it in a natural pause of a game so nobody misses a major moment.

2. Mid-Rolls: If you insist on this awful feature we can't control, they should not take up the entire screen unless clicked on. Pop them in the corner…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. These are some ideas to improve the experience of the user when trying to find new channels to watch.

1. Disable pre-roll ads for streamers with few viewers. Right now the user is actively punished for switching channels and this actively harms the discoverability on the platform.

2. Add a cool down since the last ad was played before a pre-roll can be triggered again. A value as little as 5-10 minutes could greatly improve the experience.

3. When running ads not triggered by the streamer it should continue showing the stream (eg. picture in picture with the stream audio muted). Right now…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ads have an impact on viewer retention. When someone new comes to a stream, an ad can discourage them from waiting - and simply close the tab. That hinders growth. However, self-run midrolls (to disable prerolls) may have the same effect...

If we can see the impact that running a dreaded midroll can have on our potential to bring in new viewers - the friction against running ads may be lessened.

So my question: When will there be information on our dashboard analytics on how many people leave during a preroll versus midroll?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I suggest Mods should be exempted from ads to but to keep people from abusing the system, we limit the accounts that can be modded in a channel. Streamer get 1 mod at the very start and for the first 5000 followers you can add 1 mod per 1000 followers so a total 6 at 5000 followers and after 5000 followers you get 1 mod every 500 followers. So it keeps pace with viewership and going past that when u get high enough the viewership you add a mod every 100 follows

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. According to the R128 Norm the add volumes are not allowed to be increased in the Netherlands. How come I cannot gamble my channel points because I am in the Netherlands, but I do get US add volumes? Normalize add volumes already. So many posts are about it to the point that it is its separate Topic. How hard can this be. Especially Bosch Home Appliances. Their add volume is 500% increased.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ads during music streams are incredibly disruptive due to the fact that the audio is the primary focus of a music streamed. Forced ads are inherently detrimental to the quality of the stream and content. I propose that as a part of any future Ad policies that Twitch not implement forced mid-roll ads on Music streams of any kind.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If we must have ads playing incessantly, which don't get me wrong, I understand the business need for them, how about we limit them to 10 seconds or less? As much as it still stinks to miss 10 seconds of a stream, it would at least suck less than missing like 30 seconds or so. It would be a nice middle ground between Twitch getting the ad revenue it needs and us, the viewers not getting interrupted.

Secondary idea to tag on to this: Warnings when ads are about to show up. Like youtube does, or did... or does? Give…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's all becoming too much with the ads. Your company (who is fueled by its content creators) is ruining the twitch experience in it's entirety. Creators are forced to run ads far too often on their streams. You as a company are ruining this platform. My suggestion, only place ads when entering a stream, (and not 6 30 second ads) have 1-3 30 second ads and then THAT'S IT! Unless the creator wants to run more there shouldn't be more. Get it under control while you still can, before you lose majority of the audience. DON'T BE YOUTUBE! Thanks for…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?