Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

139 results found

1. "Commercial break in progress" has got to go. Can't even skip that with a subscribe button or an adblocker. That screen is supposed to be "30 seconds" but when the 30 seconds was up it started over again.... and again... and again and then finally I got in and was able to watch.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Much like with subscribers, a way for the streamer to disable ads for VIPs. I have friends that can't afford to sub, but I'd like for them to still be able to have an ad-free experience on my channel.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. They do more harm than good, when I'm trying to moderate. Especially during technical difficulties and issues with the stream staying connected.
    I have to sit through 10-30s of ads every time they get the stream back up, to help diagnose or otherwise let them know what could be the issue. Or having to get the info a second time from them because I didn't hear them when they first came back.
    Simply put, they're useless on the mod page, and in some cases, could potentially make the user experience worse because of the lack of communication between streamer and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new "to view the stream while an ad is playing, watch it in theater mode" info card never goes away while watching a vod in fullscreen and ruins the viewing experience

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I can't possibly describe my disgust seeing the amount of Buffalo Wild Wings or Chipotle Cuban Steak ads. I don't force my ideals on other people, I'm quiet about my decision, so please allow people with vegan/vegetarian related diets to opt out of any animal products being advertised to them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. So recently while watching a buddys streams vod because I missed it, I kept getting more than 1 ad over and over again without a solid hour break in between which is annoying. My idea is if there are ads in VODS at all, there should only be 1-2 after every hour, not minute.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I normally mute ads. Thing is I had a streamer VOD at max volume, ad started at 25% volume (thank you, with the volume it was at it would have scared the **** outta me). Mute anyway, but when I unmute when the ad was done, the stream volume is changed to 25% rather than 100 where I had it. I've tested this MANY times.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Only Twitch is benefiting from ads being played on smaller channels of Twitch Affiliates, while Twitch Partners earn more from ads. Make it fair.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Had this idea, didn't really know where else to post it. Just trying to get it out there.

So I know Twitch has been struggling to come up with a way to monetize with ads, and with the whole "forced mid-roll" fiasco, I think everyone is worried that whatever they do will be very "un-Twitch" by trying to emulate live TV. So my idea was to just gamify it.

Twitch recently added the little icon dudes that everyone can choose as their logo, and I thought that could be like your Twitch persona, and you basically just turn ad watching…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Its simple, 1-5 bits, for every ad I get for the new stream I watch, because that incentivizes people going through new channels, in their favorite games and finding new channels to watch. Shakes up the viewers, helps them find more people, AND helps them see their support in bits stack to give to the better streamer at the end of that hunt or they go back and give it to their favorite channel. But atleast they find new and wonderful streamers, something that's painful to do with the first ad everytime they watch a stream. Even in raids it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It feels counterintuitive from a creator stand point. Though I appreciate the stance of supporting creators, there must be better ways to implement paid ads. Personally, I'd love to see a system in place that connects partnered streamers to advertisers through some sort of partner panel. Plenty of streamers do paid ads already, but if you connect a streamer to a physical product to try on stream (a drink, snack, service, etc.) It's more interactive for the audience, and the streamer. Effectively stream lining your advertising practice, and through that service you would be able to still collect revenue of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When watching a stream sometimes your ads just show up when u posted an message. My suggestion is to have an automatic icon in front of the name that shows the streamer a viewer is currently watching an ad so they can wait with replying

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ads are getting too much aggressive these days. At first they don't bug me that much because it usually plays when I enter the chat and doesn't play much in mid stream. But now it makes me less interested on watching channels that I don't have subs. It feels like I get them every 2 mins. It's like it's forcing me to buy a subscription. It's really frustrating. The platform is for entertainment but I'm getting less interested going further on watching. Also when there's an error pop up on the stream to refresh the video. Instead of streaming is…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When on mobile (and sometimes in browser), sometimes you click on a stream, watch the ad and then if you have to minimize the app for whatever reason, or swap between streams, there should be a "cooldown" on the ads for the channel. If I JUST watched the 30 second ad on a channel and accidentally hit the back button or closed the app, I have to re-watch that 30 second ad every time I join the stream again. It would be great to have a cool down on the ad refresh rate, so that it can be easier to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Many advertisements have an extremely dangerous level of flashing lights, and all of them pop up without warning and they can and do trigger epileptic seizures as a result even in perfectly safe streams.
    This is an extreme concern for many people, including myself.
    There is a specific advertisement that has so much flashing it can trigger a seizure even for someone using medication because of it being so hazardous, that ad promotes audible.
    I tried reporting it to them for how dangerous it is but they do not accept feedback of a complaint category.

I would like to request…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tie watching adds into the channel points people get to spend on channel rewards.

Allow them to watch x amount of adds whenever they want and give a bonus reward to whoever's channel they are watching.

This will help you with your ad issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. If I lower the volume on twitch, it is for a reason. A twitch ad taking control of the volume and turning it all the way back up, is extremely disruptive.

Too be honest, taking that kind of control of browser settings should be illegal. I don't know a single other site that does that. Shame on twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ads that arent loud, i have one pepsi ad (finnish one with anna abreu) where the ad starts with a loud bang/crackling sound

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This isn't really an idea, more so my personal opinion on how the site is working, maybe it will be taken into consideration when making future decisions. There isn't a single stream on this, or any site, and there never will be, that I consider worth sitting through minutes worth of ads. If I'm watching a stream and I see more than two 15-second ads, I immediately leave. Every time. If I have ever accidentally sat through them, then I wasn't actually watching the stream, and just had it running in the background. I don't really know how you could…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ads keep interrupting stream and making stream unwatchable. I have been reporting this issue via the cog but this issue is not being addressed!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?