There was an error during translation

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Not as frequently as before but still often, Ads play which are dramatically louder than the broadcast content. This is an annoyance, interferes with other people in the house, and frankly makes me more likely to mute the ad and go do something in a different tab.

Normalizing volume levels with stream average volume or peak volume wouldn't take a huge amount of processing power and would fix the problem entirely. It's required by the US's FCC in other broadcast mediums, but it's really just a quality of life improvement for the viewers and a mark of good production.

1,270 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

141 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Right now Partners and Affiliates have the ability to give their subscribers 'ad free viewing'. I think subscribers should be able to opt-in to watching ads on a channel their subscribed to even if the channel has 'ad free viewing' turned on for subscribers.
    There's not many ways you can have an ad feature that is a win for everyone involved, but I think this is one of those ways.

For Twitch:
    - More ads watched on their site.

For Streamers:
    - More ad revenue, while also keeping 'ad free viewing' as a perk for those who want to subscribe.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hey Twitch team. The possibility to get a share of the ad revenue is a great feature. Unfortunately this can make everything around streaming (Taxes etc.) complicated. Where I'm from (Austria) an ad revenue makes everything much more complicated (I don´t go into detail here). So a option to opt out from this share would be great to have.
    Probably there are similar cases for other country. And even if not, this would help most of the Austrian creators.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. So mid-roll ads are going to happen, if we like it or not

How about telling the creator before they happen so that they still have time to do an ad break on their terms?

What if 10min before a mid-roll ad would take place the ad button in the stream manager turns red and displays a 10min countdown. The creator will have 10min to do an ad break on his/her terms - if he/she does, no (additional) mid-roll ad; if he/she doesn’t, play the mid-roll ad after the countdown is over

That way you get what you want which…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have ads with low volume for streams with the ASMR tags or channel.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The feedback that I have seen about automatic mid-roll ads has been entirely negative, which is not surprising to me at all. No one likes being forced into situations even when it could be good for them.
    I've seen lots of posts from streamers saying they don't like the loss of control and viewers saying that you should fix ads for bits, which says to me that the issue is not ads, it is how the ads are being presented.

The entire platform is built around the idea of interactive entertainment, so why are the ads being treated differently?
    My…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please stop running "pre-roll" ads right when a live stream starts. Every time I get queued up for a live stream about to start, as soon as it starts, I miss the first 30 seconds of the stream and have no idea what they talked about. This is especially annoying on dev streams and the like. KNOCK IT OFF, TWITCH! Even Prime users get screwed this way.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. As a streamer myself I understand that people like their own Twitch page to be theirs to control. A lot of people disable ads on their own channel and a lot will also run them willingly while streaming. Try giving more options we can opt into on our own channels. Without blocking our content at the same time, unless we choose to do so. Here's an idea or so:

• Brb ads
      (We already have, and do get used. Nice example to start)

• Lower thirds
      (Could allow us to set them to pop up as often as we like. Minimum of…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If you want streamers to run more ads then give them an incentive by paying them more for ad revenue. Also, give them the option to choose when these ads run. Atm, there is no point in running ads since most streamers make almost no money from ad revenue. Also forcing a **** ton ads to viewers is only going
    to make them use Adblock please fix this.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Right now theres not enough control over how a streamer runs an their stream with the new mid-rolling. However, a feature that can be added is to disable for 20 - 30 minutes mid-rolls for the stream per 30 second ad break and mid and pre-roll per 60 second. That way, a streamer can plan their ad breaks and work around them, especially for competitive games like overwatch, LOL, CSGO, etc. Even for non-competitive games, allowing a streamer the ability to control the flow of the stream by implementing an ad break to avoid mid rolls allows them to build…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When streamers run ads, pause the stream and resume it from the same spot after the ads are finished. Then give viewers the ability to fast forward back to live when there is a dull moment in the stream. Ads can still be aired without content being missed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1) Prime users should not have to watch pre-roll ads. Period. When a streamer decides to show ads, those should be shown since that generates revenue for the streamer.

2) A lower-priced turbo where it shows streamer ads, but not pre-roll. Or add an option to Turbo where I have the option to view streamer generated ads (settings per channel, not overall for Twitch).

3) Add an option for subscribed channels where I can decide if I want to watch streamer generated ads (settings per channel, not overall for Twitch).

If I am paying extra money for a service, I…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I propose that Affiliates and Partners should receive AD revenue for VODs. If Twitch is putting ADs on VODs, it is only fair that the content creator receive a share of the AD revenue generated.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. give streamers an incentive to run ads instead of forcing a garbage system that will block important moments

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ads on youtube are much less intrusive because you can generally skip them after a short time. I go into a twitch stream and have to watch a full 30 second ad then get hit with 4 midroll ads up to 2 minutes, I'm not sticking around. Even on ads I've skipped on youtube, I'm made aware of the product. Watching for a full 30 seconds is not going to make me more likely to buy something.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How about giving Amazon Prime members the ability to skip Ads that are 15 seconds or longer, similar to what Youtube does.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please remove this we all know its better to be on twitch if we want to interact with the stream and im still getting this popping up every 5 - 10 minutes even with adblock turned off and restarting chrome its actually ruining twitch for me and making me want to find a better platform

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Streamers now have a Pre-Rolls Off Timer in the creator dashboard. This is a very nice feature, since they can see how much time is left, and they can keep the time up by doing short ads, opposed to doing 180s every hour. However, how are channel Editors supposed to know how much time is left on Pre-Rolls being disabled? They can't. The only way for us to know they're disabled is to torture our non-subs with 180s of ads every hour. 180s of ads is horrible though, and people leave.
    It would be a great help to the site,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ‪From what I’m seeing ppl talk about the main problem is that streamers don’t know when the ads are happening, they won’t to have control over it and they don’t want to miss important moments. so I think the best way for you guys to do it would be as a notification warning the streamer to show an ad in ___ mins or an auto ad will run.‬ this way the streamer has some control and should hopefully be able to run the ad out of match or pause to take a quick break well the ad runs

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ads on twitch are too intrusive and impact chat's enjoyment of streams. So it would be great if instead of stopping us from watching the stream during ads, the small screen that appears at the top of chat would play ads (muted by default) at different time intervals.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?