Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. I want my viewers to have the optimal experience on my channel, and not everyone can afford to support a creator. So I'd like some, if not all of the bits to go to the viewer so that they get a more positive experience. It would make it a more personal connection between streamer and viewer, and they in turn can show a bit more personal support in case they can't afford to buy bits or subs

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The idea of rewarding only the creator for every vote seems like a wasted opportunity for me, normal ads do that already.

Instead, what about giving back to both, the creator and the viewer?

The way I understand it, every vote seems to get a certain value (e.g. 5 bits) which will then be all added together and sent to the creator after the ad is over.

What if instead of bits, this value would be divided into gifted subs and every participant then gets a chance to win one of them, while any possible remainder gets paid in bits…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Simple put, this system is poorly designed and problematic. What it creates is a system where only the larger creators will see any amount of money, due to how low of value a single bit is. The creator you show on the help page only gets 5 bucks. My problem with this feature is that it doesn't address any of the problems with regular bits, and allows for even easier abuse of the system, unless you have extra stuff in place to decide who's vote counts for bits, will mean that people could bot their stream and get a ton…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. If you're going to remove an entire avenue of monetization for our community then Multiplayer Ads should be available to all Affiliates as a replacement. I do not understand why these were removed when the other avenues were not ready to be released to all of us.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. This is awful. I want to receive bits that I can use for whoever I want. I don't want to watch an ad with a moshpit of people I don't know for only ONE streamer. As an individual consumer, I am allowed to watch multiple people, and should be allowed to award multiple people with bits. Why fix something when it isn't broken?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make it optional to even watch the multiplayer ad, and incentivize participating by awarding the viewers with the bits. This is not a great replacement for bit ads, all individuality is taken away, and this is just another thing to obscure or block the content I'm currently trying to watch, and being FORCED into, instead of CHOOSING to support by watching ads. In addition, if I'm subbed to a creator, ad breaks and ads when joining the stream do not play, so if I suddenly wind up being forced into ads so the streamer can give himself some bits by…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Could you please just listen to the viewers? literally nobody wanted you to change or likes the change you did. Please just get rid of the multiplayer ad idea completely, it removes the purpose of gifting bits. It makes it less personal. The streamer cant thank you as an individual for gifting him bits and now i cant buy tts messages like i used to. #freethebits

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For a lot of people the entire point of subscribing is to get ad free viewing, at the moment any time a multiplayer advertisement is shown subscribers have to watch it. Maybe let the subscribers opt into the ad instead of forcing them in?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You can place the voting option in the top right, that way it doesnt fully intrude any viewers so they dont miss any key moments

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alright, let’s be real here. The only people on Twitch that would use this feature and actually earn a few bits off of it would be large creators. Once again, let’s be real... do these large creators give two hamburger crumbs about bits? No. The only thing that they would care about is actually earning real currency off of ads. And ads don’t give you anything at all really so...

The people that will care about bits and want bits would be people that don’t stream or unpopular streamers. Let’s say you’re a unpopular streamer. How much bits would you…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Basically, when an ad is ran I rarely get a multiplayer ad they are always the normal ads, if there could be an option to only run multiplayer ads it would be way more efficient and keep the viewers from clicking off an ad break! For example ads are ran by /commercial then the number of seconds, for multiplayer ads they could be /multiplayercommercial then the number of seconds. For the content creators that use the buttons on the dashboard just add a simple button for the multiplayer ads.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The absurd excess of advertising on Twitch has become a growing source of frustration for viewers and content creators. The constant stream of ads interrupts the viewing experience, harms the interaction between streamers and their audience,
    and often leads users to resort to ad blockers, negatively affecting revenue. It is essential that the platform finds a balance between monetization and user experience.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It sounds like the viewer won't be rewarded for participating in multiplayer ads. When one plays and bits are unlocked, I feel that it should count towards how many bits the individual has cheered. It adds a bit more incentive to doing it and also helps now that ads for bits are gone.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You should be about to make your own ads

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. leave it easier with the ads because you will lose many users because we don't pay to see ads, we are not interested in your ads

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?