Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

76 results found

1. The ad manager and 55% revenue split has been very beneficial for me personally, however I think it is only really helpful for a very small portion of streamers. My stream is compartmentalized so that I can fit my content into 1 hour periods (the max period allowed in the scheduler). The overwhelming majority of streamers playing games do not have this ability and in general from my experience most viewers would prefer extended ad breaks more infrequently during BRB periods while the streamer is not playing, than short ads interrupting content frequently.

I think that MANY more streamers could…

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Tonight I triggered a 90 second ad break in order to disable prerolls. I was then informed by my guest that my stream was being used to push a crypto.com NFT project.

I cannot, in good conscience, continue to stream on this platform when the content I produce is used to push this. Besides finding the crypto “industry” repugnant, many of my viewers are underage, and would not know better than to buy into a scam. I won’t be the vehicle by which they’re taken advantage of. This is the Twitch “Affiliate” and “Partner” programs, after all - I refuse…

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow users to block ads that have flashing lights. Your advertisers should be marking any videos that have flashing lights that could trigger seizures, migraines, or headaches in users. It's the middle of 2023, this should be an option EVERYWHERE. Adding that one ad that prompted this was an ad that features flashing red warning lights with a couple sitting on a couch seat in a house setting. It has kids with hockey gear. I'll catch the company next time.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Editors had access to change the ad density for months and you just took away the permission with this new update.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Running midrolls every 30 minutes to prevent pre-rolls is insane. A single midroll as a streamer with 50-100 viewers will lose me half of my viewers per adrun.

This is not something I'll EVER do. The running of midroll ads simply is not something that's viable in any way ever for small streamers..

Give me an option to run a non-intrusive ad that does NOT interrupt live content and sure, I'll run it to prevent pre-rolls. But cutting the entire stream? Never ever

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have been a part of the Ad Incentive Program since March-April of this year trying various ad lengths and seeing the consequences of longer ad running times. For context I have been Streaming on the platform full time since early 2019.

One major perk to any level of Ad Program offer is that Streaming has become more sustainable for specific partners like myself.

A major issue is that offers CANNOT be renegotiated. If you receive an offer for 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins per hour one month, your next month could be a minimum of 5 mins per…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Can I just turn them off forever?? I'm a small streamer and its stunting growth when non-subs can't just chill in the channel. Let me turn ads off, its not like its making you or me any money. It's not a big deal

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have mine set to 5 minutes, which is the shortest option. Unfortunately, this is still too short of a time frame for a heads up notification, as a lot can happen between when I first get the heads-up and when the ad actually runs and I can end up getting sidetracked. If a 1 minute option could be added, OR make it a sliding scale like the spacing, length, and first ad delay so we can choose, that would be fantastic!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This morning the front page banner ad is for an NFT/Crypto scam.

There isn't even a place to click the ad to report it as inappropriate when it's the front page banner. Can you do better at vetting the ads you allow on the site? And do a better job at following up on feedback for inappropriate ads?

I don't want to have to see ads for religious groups, NFT scams, etc. but even if I report them, they still show up all the time.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The existence of a hard cap on preroll free viewing time at 30 minutes is extremely restrictive, and difficult to integrate with various forms of streamed content. Being forced to take an ad break every 30 minutes causes disruption to content flow, and is detrimental to viewer experience.

There is no difference in ad density between 3m/h and 1.5m/ .5h. The pinning of pre-roll free viewing to a 30 minute cap feels very arbitrary and creates an artificial barrier to fluid integration of ad breaks for creators streaming longer form content.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please give an option to block non-smoking ads. I quit smoking recently and seeing vapes every day when i try to watch twitch isnt helping. SeemsGood. The ads might be helpful for people thinking about quitting but are detrimental for those quitting.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm a small streamer, there's so many out there like me, and I do speedruns. People can miss things during the runs, ask me things then miss replies or leave during a pre-roll. I had them turned off but now it's forced on people because of Amazons profit-first approach. You're turning people away and, frankly, ruining something I enjoy doing. And I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Small streamers earn almost nothing, we put content out there that you make money from, but are most at risk of losing the few viewers they have. Just…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give us more autonomy in the Ads manager beyond the sliders. Right now in the ads manager we’re confined to sliders however I would love the ability to manually place ad blocks in the ad manger for more precise control on the timing of ads.

Example: I would love to run my ads automatically at the top of every hour on my stream so that I can schedule my breaks then and chat won’t miss out on any action while ads are running but the way the sliders are set up currently doesn’t make this possible. Having the ability to…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Affiliates don’t earn enough from ads to have to deal with the headache of them consistently rolling when they’re gaming or whatever content they’re doing! We should have the option to TRUELY DISABLE THEM or have a timer when the next one is gonna show, YouTube has a marker that shows when an ad is gonna run, I get with live streaming that isn’t possible but if I know the times they’re gonna run, I’ll be sure to not start a game or pause the video or stop my content for the 3 minutes it’s gonna run, so my community…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, affiliates are able to schedule 3 min of ads an hour to achieve 55% ad share, an increase from 35%. However, partners are only promised the 55% through the ad incentive program. Why? This makes applying for partner a potential downgrade, as if you get bad offers (which happens) you can't simply use the auto ad manager to make as much as you should.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. At this time, Ad revenue from ad fills shown to viewers in VOD content is not represented in the Channel Analytics. This is leading to confusion where some are unaware that they are still accruing Ad revenue for this content format.

It'd be really helpful to have this outlined in the Revenue tab on the Channel Analytics graph in some way so Creators can better understand how their live and archived content helps them earn ad revenue.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There's a drop down in the Ads Manager to send a notification a certain number of minutes before a scheduled ad is about to play. It defaults to OFF.

However, setting this to something other than OFF apparently does not work, because no notification appears either for the viewer or the streamer.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Didnt appear any ads after i set up schedule run ads during the broadcast, but its was noting ads run on my stream for a week!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Last month, I took a vacation, so I ran reruns for my community to enjoy! However, initially unknown to me, It pushed my stream hours to 119 for the month when I normally stream around 80. This also messed up my ad offer for August significantly.

In July, I was able to pick between 5, 6 and 7 minutes of ads, which is no issue for me and the way that I do things. The offer for July's ad program was very nice and was a great balance between time spent showing ads and money offered.

For August, I was…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently you can only space ads AT MOST by 1 hour, but some content doesn't really lend itself well to that. The same logic applies to the initial delay just like 1 hour isn't enough, there's no way 30 minutes is enough. All this makes the manager basically unusable. Maybe an option to make the first ad shorter? I think the manager is a great idea for people like me that want to run ads but keep forgetting, but it's too rigid in its current state if your content needs to not be cut off by an ad

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?