Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

14 results found

1. I would really like it if ads were categorized based on content; I love seeing ads for things like pizza and restaurants, but I HATE having to sit through an unskippable ad for a horror movie/show. If ads were categorized, there could be a section in Twitch options where I could move different tags into "show me more" and "show me less" status based on what I do or don't want to see.

910 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello,

I'm a moderator for a few channels. I'm not a sub in all the channels. When someone I stream for starts, that I am not subscribed in but am a moderator I usually get 1-3 ads before I can enter the stream.

It would be extremely helpful if ad's or at the very least pre-rolls were disabled for moderators for the channel they mod in.

Thank you!

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am a former Alcohol abuser and I really don't appreciate the recent trend of literally every collection of ad's for some of my streams contain ads for alcohol. It seems 1, like a waste of ad space for me, and 2. an annoyance and reminder of a temptation i don't want or need.

It would just be nice to be able to just block ads for drugs/alcohol.

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To prevent viewers being in a situation where they miss live stream content, give users an option to "View ads now instead of on the regular timer schedule", which would then reset the timer. Yes you have to view more ads, but you then are guaranteed ad-free content for the next X amount of time (whatever the current timer is set at for running ads).

i.e. Watching a speedrun, on PB pace, 20 minutes left in the stream, but there's an ad in 15 min. I really don't want to miss the end! I'll just play an ad now, deal…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you report an ad, maybe like saying "this isn't relevant to my interests" Stop playing it nonstop after that. Seems like a easy idea and i shouldn't have to suggest it, but your feedback is just a waste of time (At least it certainly feels like it). If I select playback issue and select "this advertisement is not relevant to my interests) (REF: Doordash) then it should play less like on Twitter/X. What is the problem here at Twitch? Seems like you have the technology, Twitter does, and it works, so Twitch should and so you can reasonably determine…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Today (August 17th) a new feature has apparently rolled out because I have not experienced this before. While watching TeePee, I was keeping my volume on Twitch around 10% as I was doing some other work. When he put his Ad-Roll on (which I don't have a problem with), I was instead BLASTED by Ads sounds overriding the Twitch volume control. I was able to reset it back down, but each subsequent ad turned the volume RIGHT BACK UP.

This is completely unacceptable and forced me to turn off the stream. So if driving away viewers is the goal, then…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea or relate to the feedback provided, please vote on it. If you have any additional thoughts - feel free to add on in the comments.

7. Nobody wants to see an Ad right as they enter a new stream. If they click on a stream from the main page or from a raid, nobody wants to watch it immediately. Me personally I exit as fast as I can and go watch someone else instead of ads. Viewers would be more inclined to stay around if watching ads wasn’t the first thing they got.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You're killing this platform with ads, it's unbearable, every stream I watch I see users complaining about ads constantly. The nature of live-streaming is that you must be able to consume the content uninterrupted, you're not only trying to force ads on us, you're interrupting sometimes HALF of the content being broadcasted. You can't bully everyone into subscribing to a service that doesn't care about the user experience.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For a lot of games 1 hour or less ad intervals are inadequate and irreparably break the flow and energy of many streamers.
    Many streamers operate on doing intermissions after ~2 hours, which is a good time for ads without obstructing the viewers ability to watch. Midrolls inherently prevent the viewer from watching the stream, and within the time a midroll plays countless people miss key moments in streams which are the highlight of why they watch in the first place.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would love it if you used machine learning to know when streamers are idle* in certain games, to trigger an ad.

games like - fortnite, cod, apex legends, valorant, dead by daylight all have waiting rooms/lobbies, so if you detect that a streamer is in a lobby, you can trigger the ad using machine learning, so that another ad wont play for 20 minutes or so the average time the game plays ( i know different games have different common load times.

this i think would be one of the easiest and smartest ways to introduce more people to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I don’t mind playing ads on my channel. I believe you would have 80% less complaints from people if you switch placement for ads. Put the Ad in upper-hand corner (above chat) or let the Streamer choose some Option in the dashboard (DISPLAY ONLY ADS, OR BOTH)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I don't Twitch a lot, maybe once a week on a weekend when I want to relax, and when I do, the last thing I want is to be bombarded by advertisements. Currently the only options for an ad-free experience is to commit and subscribe, either to the channel you're watching, with Turbo, or with Twitch Prime. If you're not using Twitch that much it's a big waste of money, and it seems like the whole business idea is to make people forget where their money is going.

My consumption of Twitch is similar to watching a movie. I want…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've seen it listed before long ago, but I wanted to make sure it was known that it is still be wanted. Most streamers on this platform are very small, ads are a constant nuisance, and streamers are constantly trying to find ways around them with I know at least some (myself included) who refuse to accept affiliate or other because of the ads.

As such, the idea is the following: Have tiers where the streamer can pay to not have ads for the month. Simple.

If a streamer has 5-10 people average in their stream, chances are Twitch is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new feature to display sponsors during stream is extremely invasive.

As show on the image on the link below:
    The logo on the player should be either not present or be able to toggle off by the viewer, it blocks content (streamer camera, text from the game, avatar).
    The banner above chat could be 10x smaller, I dont need 2 huge logos to know that the streamer i watch is being sponsored, just place a smaller banner.
    I dont understand why the STREAMER X SPONSOR profile image thing, just show a name or something.

https://imgur.com/a/A9dskUT

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?