Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Here's a few ideas:
    • Banner Ads - Delivered SPECIALLY on Live content and VOD. Shows a banner when the viewer joins and every 30 minutes up to 8 times.
    • Video Ads - Delivered ONLY in VODs, and only before playing out the VOD.
    • Intermission Ads - Delivered manually by the streamer by using a custom command, the ad takes over the player and puts the stream on a corner of the player (a little less of 1/4 of the player itself), playing non-repeated ads until the ad limit is reached, 10 minutes passes, or the streamer enters…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow streamers to opt for SDAs only, even if it makes up less profit.

For people who might not know, SDAs are banner ads.

Full screen intrusive ads have never and will never work, we've known this decades!
    * What do people watching TV do when the adbreak starts? They change the channel.
    * What do people watching Twitch do when the adbreak starts? The exact same thing!
    This is NO NEWS to anyone in the world, but it seems it's news for you, so now you know.

I don't want full screen ads EVER on my stream. Ads kill…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So I understand that running 1:30 worth of ads will get you 30 mins of no pre-rolls and I think this is a great idea. However, 30 mins is a very short period of time to be able to go without interruptions. Even all the educational research shows that a 50 to 10 ratio is what works best for presentations.

1:30 giving you 30 mins of no pre-roll is great, but 3:00 should give you 1 hour that way the streamer can plan their content around the 50 mins of presentation, 10 min break with 3 of that being ads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have intense anxiety and suffer from chronic nightmares; not being able to safely peruse twitch is greatly affecting my safety as a user. Add an option to filter/opt out of triggering ads, or at least implement a way to report distressing ads. This would improve the user experience for people with anxiety, PTSD, paranoia, and even those who prefer family friendly streams. Not having this as an option is ableist and alienating a large portion of your user base.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I heard that video bitrate will be down in Korea.
    I've seen it in 720p before.
    I hope AD's bitrate is down also.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please for the love of anything, stop with the almost non stop add. It’s maddening. I will never use or pay for one of the product you advertise because of the way you advertise them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to advertise my product on twitch but there is no easy way to do it, Ive watched tons of youtube videos and Ive read alot of rules but in not one can I get an answer, its only rules about how can I run ads in my channel but what Im looking fot has nothing to do with that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Im using this app to watch 20-30m of stream but meantime i have to watch minimum 5m ad? It does not make sense do not put too much ad to keep the people otherwise i'll stop watching and this is my fav application!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In the Ad Scheduler (Until you have the ability to actually Manage Ads then this feature needs to be Renamed) there should be an option to choose which type of Ads your channel shows, ie Lower Thirds, pic-in-pic, display or audio.

For example most Broadcasters may actually be open to showing 22min/hour of ads (current max setting in scheduler) if those 3mins of ads every 8min on stream were lower thirds ads that didn't block access to viewing the stream or listening to its audio.

Then in the Scheduler which you could now call a Manager, show what the potential…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Twitch always worked on the volontary participation of viewers to support streamers. Nowdays streamers are blackmailing viewers by the new trend which is "without ads i'll be not here streaming, so if you do not want ads: subscribe."

I think to keep the spirit of Twitch, which is encouraging viewers to volontary supporte streamers and not forcing them, we should be able to turn ON or OFF the advertisings aggression for each stream. This way, each viewers can decide to support or not a stream.

Imo, ads are the worst things you can experience on a plateform. Who like watching…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch really needs a targeted ad system. Advertisers pay more for targeted ads which could reduce the quantity of ads so twitch doesn't have the need to show viewers 3 or more unskippable ads in a row. Additionally it would help with being spammed with the same ads over and over again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When i first started using Twitch RPG, (for those who dont know, Twitch RPG stands for "Research Power Group"; it offers survey's regarding twitch and sometimes gives bits for taking them) it was focused around the viewer experience and features for creators/viewers. Simply put: the survey's were about what would make twitch better.

For the last several years, these survey's have shifted dramatically to nothing but ads. You watch a 10 minute clip of a stream, and the only questions asked are "Did you see any products in this stream? If so, which ones? Do you think these products fit…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There are ads among us with so much flickering, strobe-lights, flashing and contrast switches, colour switches, rapid flash explosions, and ridiculously loud and sudden noises, that it becomes dangerous.

It is unfair to streamers when they can not control the ads that play, and then in their safe community someone gets hurt in their stream because of automatic random ads triggering epilepsy.

When someone is hurt or killed by ads in someone's stream, that streamer often takes on the unfair guilt when they learn of it later on from the person's friends or family.

Here is my solution:
    Imagine someone…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. nao apareceu pra mim proposta do fluxo de ad nas minhas lives,tem algum lugar expecifico para que eu possa escolher?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I will NOT sit through 3 minutes of ads. I won't sit through a minute of ads. You know what I do when I hit an ad wall longer than 30 seconds on Twitch? I close the tab and go watch something on youtube instead (seriously). It doesn't help that most of the ads are for food I'll never eat or an immoral army I'll never consider joining. The ad experience on Twitch is an embarrassment. You have too much money as it is, stop being greedy pigs about it. I'm literally NOT watching Twitch streams I otherwise would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Nearly everyone that uses YouTube knows about YT Premium because it can appear as an ad in an ad break or when you open the app on mobile sometimes, yet almost NO ONE knows about Twitch Turbo in comparison which is nearly identical to YT Premium. I was wondering if you could advertise Twitch Turbo in one of the randomly selected ads and/or somewhere else on the site in a sidebar ad for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. all ads sponsor with Twitch could be selective for streamers to choose and play them manually or at a time triggered. Before went on live, streamer should be able to choose and for example go to the home page top left category and select the kind of ads they want to play with. (viewers could also go to see what sponsor ads are supporting with the platform)
    Or
    ads company could create new form of ads to immerse into streamer's screen such as water mark & transparency logo flowing in a certain amount of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Twitch is beginning to act like a TV-Cable company. This is not how Twitch made a community. Stop putting 5 adds in a row in a middle of a stream wich is having discussions, fun, etc, (Content, in short). This is breaking the eager to watch Twitch, as there is another platforms where you can watch with no interrupts content wich you are subscribed for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Affiliates don’t earn enough from ads to have to deal with the headache of them consistently rolling when they’re gaming or whatever content they’re doing! We should have the option to TRUELY DISABLE THEM or have a timer when the next one is gonna show, YouTube has a marker that shows when an ad is gonna run, I get with live streaming that isn’t possible but if I know the times they’re gonna run, I’ll be sure to not start a game or pause the video or stop my content for the 3 minutes it’s gonna run, so my community…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?