Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

765 results found

1. My idea is to NOT play that commercial for The Omen! I don't want to see it and there may be others that do not either!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There is an issue where an ad will play and no audio for the ad is present- either from the following

1. The audio for the ad isn't played til the next ad starts
    2. audio doesnt play at all until the ads are over

which after either of these finish the audio to the stream is out of sync / delayed to the point that you have to refresh the stream. Guess what happens next..

1. Rewatch the same ads you just watched just before the issue happened
    2. Watch new ads that make the audio for the stream de-sync again

hope you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hey, let's not randomly add an invisble <div> banner over the controls on the twitch.tv when watching a streamer forcing a reload (more ads). If a few minutes pass and we try to change the volume, an invisible banner shows up not allowing to control the volume. Most people would reload the browser which then shows another ad. Now I know Amazon is a small indie company and needs revenue, but be better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hey, listen to this quirky idea I've got. What if Twitch let streamers toss an ad at someone instead of just timing them out? Like, imagine someone's acting up in chat, and instead of the usual timeout, the streamer hits them with an ad break. It could add a funny twist to how things are normally done and fit right in with the vibe of some Twitch streams.

Now, It might make sense to put some restrictions on the feature, so people dont overuse it, but I still find it to be a good addition if added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. it would be nice to have a countdown timer for ads that viewers can see. maybe next to uptime and viewer count underneath the player? it's such a bummer to ask something to a streamer just to have an ad play right when your question starts to be answered. a countdown timer would at least help me plan around that to ask a question

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like the ability to get the information from the timer or from the ad call itself to know when an ad is going to play soon, and more importantly, when an ad is going to play for sure and how long it is going to play.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. :( Either don't let horror movie ads on the platform or let people block them! When I'm watching a cozy stream before bed and suddenly get greeted with an ad of people SCREAMING and all kinds of blood and gore it's AWFUL and it makes me want to stop watching completely! I've had this experience tons of times, but today it was the Immaculate movie ad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It's a really simple implementation to the first part.

Put ad-free viewing back as a Prime benefit! Ever since the glut of advertisements started, I had subscribed to Amazon Prime to avoid them while still supporting my favorite streamers. I'd gladly watch ONE 20s preroll if it meant I didn't have to see a single one throughout that stream or elsewhere afterwards.

I'm not gonna add another $10 on top of my Prime subscription to get the outmoded and archaic Turbo.

If the above is too hard to implement, here's something else that would make ads slightly more bearable. KEEP…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For people with sponsorships, they can set custom ads for their sponsored product so they can play them during ad breaks to rake in extra customers at the cost of a fee depending on how often they want to play the custom ads

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Internet audiences don't like watching commercials.
    Even more so when the commercial is not for the product he doesn't want to see.
    Everyone's attention is extremely reduced.
    5 is the maximum limit of a person's attention span to watch a commercial.
    This is the model that has worked on YouTube and should be implemented on Twitch.
    30-second commercial is not acceptable for users here, everyone ends up running away from the broadcast.

flood comercial = 5 seconds commecial

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch should allow streamers to decide if ads for products like alcohol, nicotine/tobacco, and gambling can be shown on their channel. If we could opt out of these types of ads, Twitch could still play other ads at the same spot. If not, Twitch could write into the opt-out terms that we just earn less when an ad spot is 'skipped' due to opting out of addiction-triggering ads.

I want to create content that is safe from triggering addiction and adjacent behaviors/impulses, but this does not mean I only want to make kid-friendly content.
    This feels impossible to do when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As a sub, I like to support my streamer, or atleast have the option to, so I would like it to be optional, on the user side, to toggle whether I want to see ads or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hey, I’d rather have muted ads than audio ads because you can play it as long as you like but can it be able to hear the stream but not the ads please is that possible Twitch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. currently, viewers are discouraged from watching new streamers due to preroll ads as soon as they load a stream for the first time.

so it would be great if a viewer could click a button to watch a few minutes of ads, and then not have to watch preroll ads.

similar to streamers running 3 minutes of ads per hour to stop prerolls for their channel for the rest of the hour, a viewer would be able to watch 3 minutes of ads and be immune from preroll ads for an hour.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Often times I need to snooze ads while i'm finishing a match while streaming before I can get to my 3m worth of ads to remove my prerolls. While the ad snoozes themselves are extremely useful to me 3 snoozes per stream can be a little lacking especially when you are streaming for 4+ hours.

Having a snooze refresh after hour 3 or 4 of your stream would be highly beneficial to those streamers who use this feature and tend to stream longer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would ask you really much if you coul add https://www.twitch.tv/MorittsuSan as a Twitch Partner. He is very capable of the job and wants it since 183 days, so i beg you to recruit him for the german twitch partners!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Not sure if this will ever be fixed or maybe i just need to make a new twitch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Some of the ads I'm getting now are so unfathomably annoying that I will be taking measures to avoid them. How about twitch take note when someone never watch an add? Is that even possible. Cuz I watch the "normally annoying" ads, but there's three ads right now that I would tear my ears off rather than listen to them one more time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I get the importance of ads for the website but seeing the same annoying and cringy ads over and over really do not make me want to keep watching on the site. The little ceasers ones specially for example are WAY OVERPLAYED and when I do get one of these I close the tab and go hang out on youtube now. It hurts my brain to listen to and I'm not muting the stream I'm watching over and over so I don't hear it. Please just mix it up because I swear to god if I see that stupid peanut…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please allow users to filter out categories or tags or languages that they would never be interested in. Example would be to recommend only the languages you don't have blacklisted, or allow me to blacklist certain tags that could be non child or family friendly such as "bikini" "hot tub" "Vtuber". it should be totally within anyone's right to have basic custom filters for what they will see

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?