Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

816 results found

1. If a streamer runs ads at a bad time, add a way for viewers to skip ads at the cost of 1 bit per advertisement. This would help viewers not have to sub if they can't afford a sub but also be able to not miss any content if they wanted to see that part of a stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Áudios Discord e game durante transmissão,Android

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ist es wirklich euer Ernst 8-10, mindestens 20 sekündliche, non skipable Werbeanzeigen vor jedem Stream abzuspielen. Das sind weit über 2 Minuten Werbung am Stück. Da wundert ihr euch noch das sich jeder zweite einen Adblocker holt. Ihr wart doch früher nicht so gierig. Quetscht wirklich den Zuschauer bis zum letzten aus. Macht so weiter und eure Zahlen gehen noch weiter in den Keller.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The games I play and my content style does not lend itself well to ads every hour. And, to be frank, 3 minutes isn't a long enough time for me to actually have a proper break and get the things I need to get done done during my breaks.

I would greatly appreciate being able to run longer ad breaks less frequently to better work within the shape of my content.

Specifically, I think the addition of options for 4.5 minutes of ads every hour and a half and 6 minutes every 2 hours would be very helpful so that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Recentemente todas as exibições de anúncio que venho recebido durante as transmissões estão congelando no último segundo do vídeo, não retornando a Livestream em nenhum momento. Acabo tendo que fechar o app e abrir novamente, ou seja, recebendo novos ADs como se o algoritmo não tivesse computado a visualização dos anúncios e multiplicando o número em seguida.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To not have ads running that promote racism, bigotry, and Christian white nationalism by Grand Cannon University.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Get rid of preroll advertisements as a whole. They absolutely destroy channel discovery for new/low viewer streamers and if you're the type of person that has a buggy internet connection, sometimes you get disconnected for just enough time for Twitch to interpret your reconnection as you rejoining for the first time again and hits you with even more advertisements you possibly saw not even four minutes ago.

For real, prerolls do nothing for the viewer, the people that ALLOW TWITCH TO EXIST AS A WEBSITE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I'm not even saying get rid of ads in their entirety,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Notified that advertisement will be played soon & option to choose to play it instantly or will automatically play the ad after specific amount of time 1-5 minutes

COUNTERMEASURE for trying to bypass ads is for ads that play joining stream or refreshing the stream will be chained/multiple ads so that audiences are more inclined to sit through the 1 ad or less ads than joining.
    REASON the reason for wanting this feature would mostly be for when there are moments in the stream which are impactful and entertaining and the moments for when you need to watch what's going…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am really sick of how twitch doesn't care about it's viewers. Every time i visit a channel and watch a streamer for a while then post a question in chat, every single time a 3 minute ad then immediately begins. there is no way to go back in time to see if streamer answers the question. the really disrespectful situation that often occurs is when you donate bits with a message or donate to the streamer and a 3 minute ad starts. on youtube we can scroll back on a live stream to catch what we miss and we…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. whats wrong with you guys? i know you want money but what is this ads spam on streams lately man? its so annoying. you enter a stream you get 2 minutes ads, and then its like every 5 10 minutes 2 minutes ads 2 minutes ads over and over again. you literally make me close the website and do something else. you dont even care whats going on on stream, best moments are ruined by ads now more than ever before. its not like oh sorry for the 10 sec ads, you are spaming 2 minutes and sometimes more. and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There is huge issue with Twitch targeting ads. In Poland there is massive amount of Spanish ads. Issue exists for couple of months. Please improve ads targeting and stop displaying worthless ads that no-one understand in Poland

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How about not being so scummy about ads... if I want to not watch a channel the ads will pause... imagine if cable used to do this. I barely use twitch as much as I used to solely because of this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If I see the number of Ads be 4 or more in a row on any stream, REGARDLESS of how long they are, I am closing the app.

If I am waiting more than 3-5 mins for ads to complete, I will also close the app.

I know Twitch needs its money to run and be profitable, but several ads running 10+ minutes is not it. People will not sit through it. They will just leave.

Find a way to balance the number of ads and time spent watching them, so people will engage the site for longer. Break up…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think y’all should add the feature where we can choose who to give our founders too

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act (H.R. 1084/S. 2847) (CALM Act) requires the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to bar the audio of TV commercials from being broadcast louder than the TV program material they accompany by requiring all "multichannel video programming" distributors to implement the "Techniques for Establishing and Maintaining Audio Loudness for Digital Television" issued by the international industry group Advanced Television Systems Committee.[1][2] The final bill was passed on September 29, 2010.[3] (Sick of being woke up watching a relaxing stream, by some unwanted law breaking obnoxious ad about nothing I care about!.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why when I want to check out a new stream or something interesting I see on the front page, am I greeted with at least 30sec of ads if not more. This generally makes me just close the window or go to a different channel. This is very counterintuitive to growth of really any streamer. I know I can't be the only one out there who does this as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Recently, I've been having issues where a streamer runs 2 or 3 minutes of ads while taking a scheduled break and Twitch only shows me 15 seconds of ads or none at all during that time, but then, less than an hour later, the stream is getting interrupted by ads that the streamer is clearly not aware of. He actually makes the effort to keep the ads from ruining the experience for his viewers while trying to avoid pre-rolls for new viewers. However, lately Twitch has been running mid-roll ads at random times and not when the streamer actually runs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1920 x 1080p have 6Mbits of bandwidth, limiting this for viewers that not contribute to 640 x 360p like max quality will reduce money cost, so with the saving, twitch, can pay much more money to streamers and get a business much more profitable. So the clients would are happy of see that some more of their contribution go to favorite streamer. Twitch should explain the new change for comprehension of clients. The lacking viewers will one day contribute :).
    You can also give 1 month of better quality to those who collected a certain amount of bits

calculations as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Doordash (AU) Ad and Colgate gate Ads start off (and remain) so loud it actual hurts my ears and I have mute it. I don't mind it running, but does it have to be THAT Loud. (It's not just in comparison to 1 quiet stream, it's loud compared to every stream I watch)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here