Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Everytime i enter to a channel i see a pre-roll ad and its annoying to say the least, and most of the time (if not everytime) there are 2 ads in total, And that just because i entered a stream. just stop it, its **** the pre-roll ads and everyone gets annoyed by it and probably makes twitch get less money from it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ich bin von allem begeistert was mir als Streamer mehr Einstellungsmöglichkeiten bietet. um so mehr, um so besser, da es alles induvidueller macht und mir als Streamer mehr Möglichkeiten bietet. Hauptsache ihr nimmt nichts wieder raus was schon da ist. Vielleicht könnte ich es ja grade gebrauchen oder irgend ein anderer Streamer vermisst sonst genau dies. Also bitte alles lieber so lassen wie es ist, bevor etwas rausgenommen wird. Ansonsten kann ich nur sagen, VIELEN DANK das ihr uns die tolle Plattform bietet macht weiter so.
    MFG UndergroundWarrior1982 (schaut gerne mal bei mir rein und lasst ein Follw da, würde…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I think streamers should be making more for ads that are run. 3.50 isn’t enough for 1,000 views most ppl are just starting out and it’s not fair to them to not even get 1000 views.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please turn off an automatic Ad when we refresh a stream. Because of various issues (sometimes in the Twitch side and sometimes on the user side) audio is not synced with the video. The only way to fix that is to refresh the stream. Each time I do that, I get an ad. It is really distracting and it really makes me not want to browse new streamers and content because unless I sub to them, I am constantly dealing with this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an alert to the alert system streamers can configure that will kick off a use-defined period of time before a scheduled ad break begins. That way everyone knows without doubt that a break is about to happen. The streamer can pause or at least be aware that the ads are happening and people are missing content, and the experience will improve for everyone. Streamers who don't want the alerts could simply not use them, of course.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The in-stream ads are interrupting the video stream. Please stop, thanks. I'd rather stare at a black screen then the dumb ads, or I just stop watching I suppose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. "Commercial break in progress" has got to go. Can't even skip that with a subscribe button or an adblocker. That screen is supposed to be "30 seconds" but when the 30 seconds was up it started over again.... and again... and again and then finally I got in and was able to watch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There's a drop down in the Ads Manager to send a notification a certain number of minutes before a scheduled ad is about to play. It defaults to OFF.

However, setting this to something other than OFF apparently does not work, because no notification appears either for the viewer or the streamer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This is only directed at viewers on desktop, I would assume.

Nevertheless, why not create some type of incentive for viewers to not use adblock or some other source? Main ideas that come to mind are either a small bits reward system like you had with "watching ads for bits" with somewhere along the lines of a monthly deposit. The only other thing I could think of to back this is some type of reduction in sub cost, even if this is minimal (I'd hope .50-$1 but that might be high hopes).

I can't always sub, but I do keep…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Banner ads appearing on channels I have subbed to. I do not get video ads on these channels. Fix it so subbing stops the banners too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop allowing ads to run every 5 to 10 minutes that last 3 minutes (1 of 8 or 9 ). I feel very annoyed along with others in the community about this. It will kill a streamers view counts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When an ad rolls on the Nintendo Switch official Twitch app, it constantly breaks the stream. You have to completely close the app and then when you come back to the stream the same add rolls AGAIN. Sometimes you have to do this 3-4 times before you can finally start watching the stream.

If you want to shove ads down our throat, maybe spare some of the millions you're making from them by making a functioning app on the Switch or remove it from the marketplace.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Olá Twitch, hoje assisti algumas lives e todas com excesso de ads, o que me deixou surpresa e chateada com a plataforma, atrapalhando minha experiência. Anteriormente, existia um anúncio, no máximo dois seguidos. Hoje eu peguei 5 seguidos e 3 seguidos, mais de uma vez. Estou descontente com isso, colocar ads no meio do video é tratar o público como idiota (da mesma forma como já faz o YouTube) e vocês estao fazendo pior. Essa é uma reclamação do excesso, pois ter ads para vocês pagarem a conta é uma coisa, ter 5 ads seguidos é ganancia.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The fact that I have to sit through a 30-second to a 2-minute ad break before even seeing what the streamer is doing destroys browsability for your website generally at best, and will systematically hurt and snuff out small streams at worst. An ad-free 30-second buffer when entering a stream would allow the user to find what content they would enjoy before having their experience invaded. This idea also benefits the website's bottom line by helping retention of unsubbed viewers by offering them content rather than spam upon arrival to the site which improves retention and optics.

In short, ads…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm sure that I'll get a form letter of some type for this submission.

It is well established that Ad Partners pay good money for running Ads on the Twitch platform.

It is also known that almost, and I mean almost, everyone hates ads. Even as a streamer, ads running cause a loss in viewers.

As of today, any time an ad runs, I will close Twitch and go watch something else, somewhere else. The ad will remind me of this new idea and eventually, I will simply just not open the webpage.

Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I noticed in a recent stream that moderators that arent subscribed to the channel still experience blackout ads (ads that mute stream) i believe that this can hinder the job of a moderator, i know chat is still seen but there isn't necessarily communication with the streamer. this can create issues within streams. Either this option, or possibly free subs for currently promoted moderators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we please have a grace period of at least a few minutes before automated ads run again after the stream crashes? It is highly annoying when the scheduled ad sequence starts from scratch and messes up the whole timing of breaks, not to mention how annoying it is for non-subbed viewers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Our goal is to continue to improve the ad experience to make it more rewarding for creators and less interruptive to viewers." One way of making the ads less interruptive is by putting them on top of the stream chat and (like how you do when there's more than 2 ads playing and the stream get puts on top of chat). You could also choose to add some subtitles to the now muted stream (because of the ads playing). I also think there should be a first-party adblock for those who can't afford Turbo or subscribing. [I hope this throws…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. i have YOUR ad schedule on my channel and after 8= hours of streaming i've made all of $0.68... whats this 55% when i don't even get 1% for running what you suggest... and $100 to cash out? why it's MY MONEY, sorry you have to pay some kind of fee, but you can cover it with all the ad revenue you dont give out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?