Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the purple ad screen of death disappear when on the main twitch URL! I have no ad block running and Twitch still says that i'm on a third party website. When this happens i get 4 separate ad breaks in the span 10 MINUTES. Completely ruins me wanting to be watching the stream. I have no third-party tools or extensions running on the domain.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I have an ad blocker, but it's paused on the entirety of the twitch.tv domain. Today a got a big purple screen instead of the normal ad. Today, 2/24/2021 was the first time I got the purple screen instead of an ad. Would much rather see an ad... again, my adblocker is paused on your site.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. This purple screen has got to be fixed... I disabled ADblock for Twitch but i don't wanna remove it... It has really good uses for other sites. Purple screen pops like every 15 minutes... What is this nonsense. If this is a bug fix it, but if this is really you forcing us to disable adblock for everything that's really bs. I watch a ton of content but today this is really unbearable and frustrating...

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. STOP GIVING PURPLE SCREEN FOR ADBLOCK PLZ

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I deactivated AdBlock for all things Twitch since November and I started recently getting messages saying that I am using Adblock. I lose part of the streams from my paid subscription tier 3 from my favorite streamers. Please stop hiding the streams that I'm watching and PAYING for behind purple warning messages.

Sincerely,

Someone that is starting to stream for the first time tonight and that follows and cheers on 40+ streamers.

Maxime Girard

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hey, can you guys not implement things that interrupt a stream while someone is watching it? Thanks.

Your anti-adblock message shouldn't appear when it has been disabled by the user. I don't use adblock when I'm on Twitch.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. This purple screen saying I'm not watching on Twitch is just stupid. Even when I disable ad blocker it still shows up. It also says it's for 30 seconds but that "30 seconds" repeats like 10 times in a row. Being a sub to a channel stops it but why would I sub to a channel I can't watch? If this isn't amended you are going to kill your platform, please listen to you community, this won't get you profits in the long run.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FIX YOUR **** PAGE!

The only thing that could be triggering that is my vpn and I am not turning it off.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I am watching on twitch.tv and the ad telling me im watching on a 3rd party site is very annoying

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It's annoying when people are leaving streamers streams because it's physically impossible to watch due to the amount of ads that's being shown. Many mins of ads just for a min or two of being able to watch the stream then back to the ads? That's no fun for anyone...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Not sure if I'm the only one who has this problem. I can't watch any stream that has adds enabled because the add freezes after 5 seconds and the timer doesn't update/go down. I restarted my pc but the problem remains (Using twitch for many years but never had this problem).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently ads played during VODs seems to break the playback position, and instead resets the VOD to the start instead of continuing where the advertisements interrupted.
    This is a common issue on mobile, and has been for a while.
    Fixing this would go a long way to help making ads less antagonizing, as this is furthering the stigma that ads are making Twitch worse to view.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I receiving a purple ad page about adblock but mine is off.

Here is some feedback https://youtu.be/M5U-EJu2ZNQ

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I am now unable to watch a Twitch channel I am not subscribed to. I get a purple screen for 60 seconds frequently enough that it blocks my ability to watch. FYI my adblocker has been turned off for Twitch for years so that I am able to support streamers and Twitch. I can't even watch the ads to provide revenue, all I see is the purple screen message. I should not be punished just for having one installed.
    Fix your programing, your greed is now punishing people who actually try to give you ad revenue. I'm really starting to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I can't watch anything on Twitch, every 5 minutes I receive AD. Stop these advertisements ... I don't pay Prime for that. I can't see the streamers. Where's the pleasurable experience of watching lives? I see more AD than the streamer. This is worse than YouTube. Especially because Youtube Premium does not have AD

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I've seen multiple people talking about this on reddit and twitter, there seems to be a fair few people who are experiencing distorted audio after an ad plays. Seems to mostly be firefox users.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to make a new post for this, because there is no way you have released a 'partial release' fix for this. The volume of ads on your site is obnoxiously loud. The majority of ads that play are 4 times the volume of the streamers content. It puts me off watching streams on this site, and I feel sorry for audiences of quieter streamers, too. Please PLEASE fix this. I do feel like this should be a top priority.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO FORCE A 48 HOUR SOFT LOCK TIMER THAT CONTINUES EVEN AFTER I CHOOSE TO DISABLE AD BLOCK! Makes me just instantly re enable it. Streams still crash and are impossible to watch because the timer remains

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ads ignoring the Twitch Language Preference - Irritating

Twitch is set to ENG,
    I'm located in GER,
    please don't play GER ads. It's very irritating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Me deja puto sordo cada vez k se activa un anuncio, por favor podriais bajar el puto volumen de los putos anuncios? Mi streamer tiene un sonido bajo, subo al maximo el volumen y cada vez que salta un anuncion muero en vida, por favor hacer algo

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?