Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have been a part of the Ad Incentive Program since March-April of this year trying various ad lengths and seeing the consequences of longer ad running times. For context I have been Streaming on the platform full time since early 2019.

One major perk to any level of Ad Program offer is that Streaming has become more sustainable for specific partners like myself.

A major issue is that offers CANNOT be renegotiated. If you receive an offer for 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins per hour one month, your next month could be a minimum of 5 mins per…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Last month, I took a vacation, so I ran reruns for my community to enjoy! However, initially unknown to me, It pushed my stream hours to 119 for the month when I normally stream around 80. This also messed up my ad offer for August significantly.

In July, I was able to pick between 5, 6 and 7 minutes of ads, which is no issue for me and the way that I do things. The offer for July's ad program was very nice and was a great balance between time spent showing ads and money offered.

For August, I was…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Two problems here;

The first, main issue I’ve been having is that very often, ads will break. The sound will cut out half way through the ad, and then at the end of the ad the player will just freeze and not load the stream. Sometimes it eventually resolves itself, sometimes I have to close and reload the stream (possibly giving another ad). I’m on iOS for info.

Second, not so much a bug per se, but my god can you please vary the ad campaigns so that it doesn’t play the same ad every stream load/ad break? I’m sick…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When looking for new streamers, it's common to interact with the streamer and ask questions, especially before subscribing. It would be great if ads were delayed after a user asks a question in chat. I was recently watching a streamer with 200-300 viewers while actively engaging with his chat. I asked a question and then as soon as he began responding, was given four ads. Personally, I see value in mitigating this. Let me know if you agree!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I keep seeing the same ad for 0% alcohol beer but it actually makes me want to drink more alcohol. Have you thought about how awful it is to constantly show that ad to recovering alcoholics? It doesn't make me want to drink 0% beer, only to go back to drinking alcoholic drinks. It's getting extremely annoying to keep having this same ad over and over, for every single stream I enter, despite being subscribed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. hi i really would like to pay for turbo experience once every year or half-year just like normal subs + a discount on the multi-month turbo just like a normal sub will be really nice. why because i don't like to be charged every month i would rather sub for multi months and cancel then renew it again manually

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The interrupting full-screen ads HAVE to stop. When playing JackBox Games for example, your screen is literally gone and it ruins the game. The screen doesn't always minimize and go to the top right, so you literally have no stream to see. Thirty seconds is a lot during JackBox to not see the main screen (and this is just the JackBox Games example of the experience being ruined - there is no point in going to new streamers because ads play on my favorite ones already). This is completely ruining the experience on Twitch. I understand ads need to play,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Display Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Situation: Advertisements are inevitable. Revenue needs to be generated and if the consumer isn't paying out of their own pocket then someone else must. So advertisers pay money for the potential to attract customers. Stream display ads do not demand the viewers attention so they will never generate the same revenue for advertisers, meaning either more volume or that they will be combined with the ads we already hate.The Feature: Allow the viewer to choose what type of advertisements they receive, with parameters such as whether it is a followed stream, new(to the viewer) stream, and/or a specific game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new updates on Ads Manager, on my perspective as a viewer and a streamer, also sharing this perspective with other viewers and streamers, is tragic. One of the most used settings now is a 3-minutes-long ad pack and it can really blow the experience of watching a livestream, randomly losing 3 minutes of the content.

However, I would like to still support my favorite streamers by taking the ads. So the suggestion I have is: Take those 3 minutes of ads that would be just thrown at a random (for the viewer perspective) time and define a time limit…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have a serious issue with the ad I have been getting for the last several days for the game "DNF Duel." I intentionally try to watch streams that have a little flashing lights as possible due to photosensitivity. However, my streams constantly get interrupted by the ad for this game, and it flashes white on my screen repeatedly. PLEASE TURN OFF THIS AD. I have to block everything until its fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently I am experiencing adverts quite frequently on streams even if I am subbed to streamers. Please can this be resolved as it is frustrating. I am even using an ad blocker because of how often adverts are on streams.

Here's some suggestions on how to improve this.

1. Please make subbing an actual perk by giving us ad free viewing. Some streamers may have this but some of us aren't so lucky.

2. Have an option to skip adverts. Youtube does this already so why can't this happen on Twitch. Having to waste around 2 minutes per ad viewing with each…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch Ad duration is literally Fking with my Twitch experience to the point where I never want to use Twitch ever again.

I know Ad is a huge revenue channel for you guys, but the duration of Ad is fking with the user experience.

Can Twitch come out with a cool solution to this annoying problem?

Cheers!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Ad Manager functions to the API to allow us to snooze blocks from stream decks, see a timer in our bot, run bot commands when an ad block starts, etc.

This would allow some measure of control over the manager versus having to use the dashboard.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm sure everyone is aware of the ads that randomly pop up everytime when your streamer is saying something important or whenever something crazy happens. I have 2 ideas to fix this: #1 you would get a 10 second window before an the ad block would appear and in the 10 second window you could choose to postpone the ads by let's say 1 minute. #2 the stream could pause for the entire duration of the ad block and then would resume after the ads where it left off with a button at the bottom of the stream that would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Oi, sou streamer a mais de um ano e não sou afiliado ainda, embora não tenha obtido essa conquista ainda, um espectador meu falou que pegou vários ADs na minha transmissão, e como fica eu sem ganhar nada com isso e atrapalhando o meu conteúdo ? Quero uma resposta por favor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. wieso muss ich mir werbung in einem Stream geben wo ich sub bin???

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Очень много реклам, иногда смотря одну трансляцию приходится смотреть по 50 реклам, мы что телевизор смотрим? Это уже выбешивает, невозможно смотреть. Иногда сразу 9 реклам идёт по 20 секунд, и что самое главное в телевизоре вы хоть не пропускаете материал, а когда идёт прямая трансляция вы пропускаете довольно много времени, что приводит к потере сути происходящего, прошу это исправить, уменьшением количества реклам, хотя бы так чтоб была одна реклама за стрим, а не через каждые 10 минут. Я нахожусь в Германии. Пока я это писал, и параллельно смотрел твич, пришлось смотреть три рекламы за 10 минут. Ужасно.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add manager is not working correctly. I have been streaming after setting it up and the ad revenue has not increased and the buttons for ads no longer work on the side panel. Additionally, it says ads have been run but watching the stream from another device or through team page or incognito shows no ad running at the allotted time frame in the ad manger settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My friend just watched a vod and got an ad that made it seem like a kid committed suicide with their parent's gun. I'm assuming this was some kind of ad to promote gun control. Regardless of your political view, putting an unskippable ad with that kind of content is not something that should be allowed for a widespread audience.

Either those kinds of ads should not be allowed at all, or we should be given more control over what ads we would like to see on the platform.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?