Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

623 results found

1. If you are going to play ads every time I try to open a stream then at least put a bit of variety. I have gotten the same ad 12 times in a row.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi. I would really love it (being that you earn millions and are backed by Amazon with insane profits) if you would display even more adverts on your site. I mean, I like an advert - but what I really want is to sit through at least 5 minutes of adverts before even getting to watch a stream. Maybe also, and I know this is a big ask, but if you could stop a stream every other minute and show a minute of adverts too? That would be golden. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow streamers to opt for SDAs only, even if it makes up less profit.

For people who might not know, SDAs are banner ads.

Full screen intrusive ads have never and will never work, we've known this decades!
    * What do people watching TV do when the adbreak starts? They change the channel.
    * What do people watching Twitch do when the adbreak starts? The exact same thing!
    This is NO NEWS to anyone in the world, but it seems it's news for you, so now you know.

I don't want full screen ads EVER on my stream. Ads kill…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Streamers who have tagged their channels as "family friendly" should be configured to block adult ads. In particular, ads promoting alcohol.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So I understand that running 1:30 worth of ads will get you 30 mins of no pre-rolls and I think this is a great idea. However, 30 mins is a very short period of time to be able to go without interruptions. Even all the educational research shows that a 50 to 10 ratio is what works best for presentations.

1:30 giving you 30 mins of no pre-roll is great, but 3:00 should give you 1 hour that way the streamer can plan their content around the 50 mins of presentation, 10 min break with 3 of that being ads.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There's a drop down in the Ads Manager to send a notification a certain number of minutes before a scheduled ad is about to play. It defaults to OFF.

However, setting this to something other than OFF apparently does not work, because no notification appears either for the viewer or the streamer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give us more autonomy in the Ads manager beyond the sliders. Right now in the ads manager we’re confined to sliders however I would love the ability to manually place ad blocks in the ad manger for more precise control on the timing of ads.

Example: I would love to run my ads automatically at the top of every hour on my stream so that I can schedule my breaks then and chat won’t miss out on any action while ads are running but the way the sliders are set up currently doesn’t make this possible. Having the ability to…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Streamers receive notifications when a viewer comments for the first time. As a frequent commenter, I plan around this, but have often received ads directly after my first comment in small streams. When I return, the streamer is talking about the topic I brought up in my comment. I can’t help but feel they are responding but I have no idea because I was forced to watch them talking without audio with an ad in my view. Can these ads be visual only? Can I have some time after my first comment to hear what they say? If they are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In the Ad Scheduler (Until you have the ability to actually Manage Ads then this feature needs to be Renamed) there should be an option to choose which type of Ads your channel shows, ie Lower Thirds, pic-in-pic, display or audio.

For example most Broadcasters may actually be open to showing 22min/hour of ads (current max setting in scheduler) if those 3mins of ads every 8min on stream were lower thirds ads that didn't block access to viewing the stream or listening to its audio.

Then in the Scheduler which you could now call a Manager, show what the potential…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm sure that I'll get a form letter of some type for this submission.

It is well established that Ad Partners pay good money for running Ads on the Twitch platform.

It is also known that almost, and I mean almost, everyone hates ads. Even as a streamer, ads running cause a loss in viewers.

As of today, any time an ad runs, I will close Twitch and go watch something else, somewhere else. The ad will remind me of this new idea and eventually, I will simply just not open the webpage.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. si no van a pagar los anuncios bien? entonces para que los dejan emitir? 11 horas emitidas y solo dan 0.11 dolares.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I still don't understand if the mods
    see the ads. I think it's right that mods see ads, maybe not all at the same time, but I'd say that the most loyal people want to make mods from a channel, thus losing a large part of the revenue for ads. The streamer for the time of the advertisement can moderate itself, and in any case the chat remains visible even in the advertisement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the option to instead of just cutting away the part of the stream that continue to run even when an ad interrupts it, the stream is paused at the same moment the ads start. Then when the ad ends, you continue where you left off, but the VOD is speed up by an amount you select, e.g. x2 until you catch up to the live stream, at which point you go back to the live stream.

Another option that would be nice if some full screen ads with audio was traded for silent banner ads, and that you get…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If streamers could track number of viewers who are watching an ad currently in real-time, they also may take a break from the content they are presenting in their broadcasts according to the number, so ads may cause users to miss less than the live broadcast.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Me parece una mentada de madre que me salgan más de 15 anuncios en total en menos de 10 minutos y me tenga que perder todo el contenido que vengo a ver, solo me hace querer salirme de twitch

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently twitch is forcing me to view 5 ads whenever I click on a stream.

This is turning me off watching completely, as these ads last for 5 minutes.

I think we can agree that it is crazy to expect a viewer to wait for 5 minutes before they can see the stream and decide if they want to continue watching.

This is currently making it impossible for me to browse streams.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The first time I reported this ad (months ago when first seen) it was removed for me and it's returned, however won't go away with the report function. The constant advertisements with "suicide" are extremely off-putting and destroying my positive user experience.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If a scheduled ad is going to run right after a raid, there should be a way for Ad Manager to automatically delay the ad run by an amount of time (5-10 minutes), so the raiders have an opportunity to see the streamer before that ad break.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I clicked the red x in my browser and did something else instead, No way am sitting through 3 ads!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If I can choose to watch ads between my streamer's matches, I'd watch way more add than I do currently (add captcha to avoid bots) and not miss any of the action.
    Also, if I watch more than X ads per hour, I get to watch them without audio and with streamer audio, so I still have a small streamer window with its audio. Twitch'd make more money and viewers wouldn't be angry whenever something worth watching is happening and the ads ruin their experience.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?