Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. Duplicate Twitch with a slightly different but proper name and rebrand + recolour it for that sexual content you wanted to implement but then had to cancel.
    2. Make a proper age-verification methodology, same as Revolut uses.
    3. Voilà, you didn't ruin the Twitch brand but opened an opportunity by creating a spin-off brand for the sexual content. Money arrives with Tesla trucks.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  1. Since the creator of a clip can delete the clips they have created and bears some responsibility for these clips, introduce some incentive program for clip creators, for example, by running ads and ensuring that a portion of the ad revenue goes directly to the clip creator and the streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Reklam politikanızı değiştirmeden önce 5 abonelik hediye etmiştim.2 yıldır kimseye abone olmuyorum.Olmayacağım.Reklam çıktığı gibi yada reklam engellemeyici donarsa yayını kapatıyorum.Yayının en heyecanlı yerinde anında kocaman reklam çıkıyor.Bu kabul edilebilir bir durum değil.Bu kadar aç gözlü olunmaz.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Dear Twitch Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am an Twitch user (j_pabro), and I wanted to share a suggestion to enhance the ad experience for viewers, particularly during meal times.

I've noticed that it can be quite inconvenient to have multiple ads play back-to-back while enjoying a meal. To address this, I propose the implementation of a feature that allows users to set personalized ad-free hours during specific times of the day. This way, viewers can enjoy uninterrupted streams when it matters most.

The suggested ad-free time slots are as follows:
    - From 7 a.m. to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I stream sports so there are some stops each now and then that could be filled with ads and no complain if only we could trigger them at the right times and right duration.
    I stream rink hockey. Ball is so small that Stream Display Ads during game play are also ineffective as video is resized.
    Standard ads and Stream Display Ads would be great if only shown during game stops.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I don't watch twitch. But I did. I have been actively avoiding it for a couple years now since the ads literally stole absolutely everything I enjoyed about viewing a stream. The first time I wrote a comment, and got a streamer's attention - and then RIGHT as they were reading and answering my comment - boom - 30 second taco bell ad...
    It's the most greedy, lazy, and ham handed approach.

Really, my idea will ONLY work if you wake up from your fever dreams of infitine growth and infinite profits - and start LEARNING HOW to CREATE INFINITE…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Full-screen pre-rolls are a huge obstacle with user experience and streamer discoverability. Users do not want to browse new, unknown streamers because watching a fullscreen 30s ad before getting to check out a streamer is annoying. It's a huge deterrent so users tend to rely on their go-to streamer. Replacing the forced fullscreen preroll with a Stream Display Ad instead will encourage users to once again check out new streamers.

This change would be a massive improvement for both viewers and streamers.

673 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Here’s a suggestion, guys…if we could code the ad algorithm to delay during top ten situations that would be great. So frustrating! I watch PUBG and don’t mind sitting thru the ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I just want to say THANK YOU to whoever thought of and implemented audio only ads overlaid on the streamer’s video stream, like a podcast. I am actually still engaged with both the ad and content. Such a great improvement for users to stay engaged with the stream AND still listen to the ads. To any advertisers who would still prefer video ads, READ THIS FEEDBACK: if you have a video ad, I will just go on my phone and ignore u, but with the audio ad, I actually listened bc I still had attention on the stream. Twitch I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How do I disable ads ?
    I just don't care about them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Metroidvania
    is a good category for alternative 2D side-scrollers with elements from action games as well as adventure games and light RPG elements

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When a stream disconnects and then reconnects, the ads manager resets. Sometimes streams disconnect multiple times and the ads manager resets and ads play after the designated ad start time that is set.

It would be great if there was a cooldown for starting the ads manager over again after a disconnect. During a disconnect, the ads manager should continue from where it left off before the disconnect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. while the very long advertuising is on the screen you miss all the content in the meantime! this is very stupid! change it! buy out for 12€ is to expensive and criminal!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Any ad ran, either manually or through the Ad Manager should count towards the creators 3 minutes per hour of required ad time in order to earn the 55% split. After reading the following text in the Ad Manager support page, it became clear that manually running ads while I am taking a quick break to stretch or grab a drink, those ads are actually hurting my overall revenue split.

Can Affiliates earn 55% ad revenue splits by running ads manually, or via a third party tool?
    No. Only ads run via Ads Manager (at 3 minutes or more per…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I was attempting to complete a quick survey that appeared at the bottom of the stream I was watching full-screened. However, an ad that played during the stream caused the survey pop up to disappear. Making me unable to complete it by doing so. I'm not sure if it was simply a mistake or an issue on my side. Still though, I thought I should let you know.

Thank you :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ads never play for me because i dont allow them through my software and cause the stream to pause until i refresh the page. this is causing a terrible click through rate for you and i cant support streamers. please fix

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I've seen it listed before long ago, but I wanted to make sure it was known that it is still be wanted. Most streamers on this platform are very small, ads are a constant nuisance, and streamers are constantly trying to find ways around them with I know at least some (myself included) who refuse to accept affiliate or other because of the ads.

As such, the idea is the following: Have tiers where the streamer can pay to not have ads for the month. Simple.

If a streamer has 5-10 people average in their stream, chances are Twitch is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, the Ad Incentive Program presents you three offers every month. It's on a take it or leave it basis. I find there is a big issue with this though. The amount of money you are offered is fine. The amount of hours you are required to stream for a month is fine. The thing that doesn't make sense is the amount of minutes of ads per hour you are required to run.

I have received offers in two months now where the lowest ads per hour requirement was 4 minutes, and I have even seen some people with their…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I don’t mind playing ads on my channel. I believe you would have 80% less complaints from people if you switch placement for ads. Put the Ad in upper-hand corner (above chat) or let the Streamer choose some Option in the dashboard (DISPLAY ONLY ADS, OR BOTH)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am being shown ads to a channel I am subscribed to and have been instructed to report the ads that are shown as "playing too often".

How about giving us an actual choice for the actual problem, it would be so easy: "I am subscribed or have ad-free and am being shown ads".

That way you guys have actual useful information to fix problems with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?