Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

617 results found

1. This morning the front page banner ad is for an NFT/Crypto scam.

There isn't even a place to click the ad to report it as inappropriate when it's the front page banner. Can you do better at vetting the ads you allow on the site? And do a better job at following up on feedback for inappropriate ads?

I don't want to have to see ads for religious groups, NFT scams, etc. but even if I report them, they still show up all the time.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remove Neekolul from Amazon Music Advertisements and Twitch in general. I just received an ad on a Twitch channel for Amazon Music that had Neekolul promoting it. Why is she being given business opportunities by Twitch/Amazon? She was charged with Domestic Assault in 2018 (https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/abuser-playing-victim-neekolul-s-domestic-abuse-story-backfires). I don't even know why she is allowed to continue streaming. It seems like there are double standards.

I'd like a reply to this. PLEASE VOTE THIS TO GET THEIR AWARENESS

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Que los afiliados también podamos optar a el programa de incentivos por anuncios.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Die Adidas "Family Reuinion" Werbung wurde mir in jedem Werbeblock seit Wochen angezeigt, teilweise doppelt hintereinander. Ich entspreche meiner Auffassung nach nicht der Zielgruppe und würde mir wünschen in Zukunft die Möglichkeit zu haben Ads zu bewerten und aktiv Ads zu blocken, dafür selbstverständlich andere Ads angezeigt zu bekommen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When collaborating with other streamers it would be great to be able to sync ad managers to run the ad spots at the same time on each stream so the streamers can plan the same breaks at the same time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The app used to display the length and number of ads still to come in an ad break. I would tolerate some smaller ad breaks (1-3 ads), but switch channels for the longer breaks (6-9 ads) because it's not worth the time and frustration to miss out on that much of a stream. Now that the ad length is not displayed, I'm guaranteed to switch channels when mid-roll ads play since there's no telling when I'll get back to the stream. Please go back to displaying remaining ad time

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. gambling ads are disgusting and predatory
    it is christmas in a downturned economy where people are struggling to pay their heating bill and you want to encourage them to spend their money on a 1 in 40 billion chance of winning the lottery
    Just like smoking, gambling is an addiction and should not be advertised

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There seems to be an issue with ads. When I'm watching a stream Twitch shows way too many ads, like it's way too many more than shown on tv, way more ads than any marketing expert would advice you to show, way too many ads than any person with common sense would want too see. Not only there are too many, they are long af. I will change platform before you force me to pay because the streams are unwatchable for how many ads you put. Jesus!! chill with the f ads!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The fact that I have to sit through a 30-second to a 2-minute ad break before even seeing what the streamer is doing destroys browsability for your website generally at best, and will systematically hurt and snuff out small streams at worst. An ad-free 30-second buffer when entering a stream would allow the user to find what content they would enjoy before having their experience invaded. This idea also benefits the website's bottom line by helping retention of unsubbed viewers by offering them content rather than spam upon arrival to the site which improves retention and optics.

In short, ads…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. My viewers let me know that my stream was being interrupted by empty ads. It was 4-6 back to back15 sec video bumper that said "the streamer is taking an ad break."
    Seems to me that Twitch did not have an ad for me to play at that moment and played that bumper instead, but it would have been infinitely better to not have had the ad break at all if there is no ad to play to begin with. It interrupts the stream and it's annoying to my viewers. Please, fix this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. This isn't really an idea, more so my personal opinion on how the site is working, maybe it will be taken into consideration when making future decisions. There isn't a single stream on this, or any site, and there never will be, that I consider worth sitting through minutes worth of ads. If I'm watching a stream and I see more than two 15-second ads, I immediately leave. Every time. If I have ever accidentally sat through them, then I wasn't actually watching the stream, and just had it running in the background. I don't really know how you could…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. as it is now, adds are force fed to us. they come up unexpected, and loud. its worse than TV, and i am THIS close to installing an addblocker. ive seen many folks online for years talking about addblocker. i never took one, to support my fav streamers. but you now implemented adds, beyond the streamers choice. the viewing expierence has dropped, and i will not take it much longer. be rude to us, i draw the line and install addblocker so i can enjoy my expierence.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Just stop playing ads on channels I am subbed to. I get pre-roll and constant ads on VODs. It is really obnoxious to get ads when I am subbed.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stream Display ads should not be the first thing you see when entering a stream. It discourages watchers to stay and see what is going on when they are forced to watch 2-5 mins of ad content before they even get to see or hear the streamer. Please set a delay on ads when a new user joins a stream. A user should not see an ad until at least 5-10 mins of stream content has been veiwed... then if you want to bombade the veiwer with ads AFTER they get a chance to watch some of the stream, go…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When the streamer manually starts an ad, then fine, let the ad run immediately (as the streamer is timing it with their content and are aware people can't hear)

But when it comes to auto ads...
    Pop up in chat for viewers that you have an ad for viewing, and you have like 5 minutes to trigger it when it suits you, the viewer. For example letting the streamer finish their sentence or their round or race, then start the ad when it fits the viewing.

Full screen, muting the stream. But less obtrusive when the user can choose when…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new updates on Ads Manager, on my perspective as a viewer and a streamer, also sharing this perspective with other viewers and streamers, is tragic. One of the most used settings now is a 3-minutes-long ad pack and it can really blow the experience of watching a livestream, randomly losing 3 minutes of the content.

However, I would like to still support my favorite streamers by taking the ads. So the suggestion I have is: Take those 3 minutes of ads that would be just thrown at a random (for the viewer perspective) time and define a time limit…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to not run ads at all. I get that streamers get revenue, but its so small to me, that it doesn't really matter. I, like a few people I've interacted with, directly or indirectly, feel like the random roll of ads (sometimes a 3 minute ad will roll) deters new viewers from sticking around longer to find if they like the streamer. There are some people who just aren't "on" for the entire stream and it takes a good 2 minutes for an interesting topic to come up, but when you already say through ads, you decide…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why am i getting a 30 second Amazon Music Ad re-playing for every single ad i get?
    Also why am i even getting ads while I'm subbed at all?
    I've tried it with out ad blocker and with ad blocker, same results.
    Except without it i get constant super intrusive ads floating over the stream screen blocking the content I'm trying to enjoy.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As we know, ads are common on any platform and I understand they're a primary source of income. Generated for both parties (twitch, and content creators) and is evenly split between both parties. However, sometimes these ads are intrusive and lead to a reduction in viewer retention.

While the viewers suffer from advertisements but also streamers, streamers stream for 4 hours a day, sometimes every day, and some stream more. That's a part-time job, and some aren't gaining anything out of it. I, myself am a streamer and try to stream 5 days a week, but I find it very…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ou afiliado já faz um ano
    mas recentemente, minhas lives tem parado de aparecer anuncio para meus espectadores,poucas vezes aparece um anuncio
    por favor
    peço que analisem e arrumem

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multiplayer Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)