Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

30 results found

1. I’m working on an SPA where one can watch VODs in sync, as if it was live.

I noticed something weird on several videos: when started at a late position on Auto quality, the videos plays normally for a few seconds, then goes backward exactly when the quality is automatically changed.
    This does not happen by switching qualities manually.

This is not easy to reproduce, as you need to be in Auto quality AND have the first selected quality to be low (e.g. 360p).

Here are the steps I took with relative success to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to this…
    29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I am posting this to "Bugs", but it also fits into the "Accessibility" category.

There is a bug where every page of a given streamer's channel automatically autoplays mostly unrelated videos at what is usually maximum volume. Random channels will play behind/ above the UI on the page for selecting previous VODs. It will autoplay, even if I previously had the tab open and already muted and paused the video at the top. It will autoplay if I am scrolled all the way to the bottom of a streamer's archive, so that I have to scroll all the way back…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The dashboard tells me that markdown is supported for a VOD, and when I type in a plain text URL into the description the editor silently converts it to hyperlink markdown when I save the changes to the description.

When I view the video, the description contains raw markdown, and markdown such as double-space for line breaks is ignored, as well as the automatically-generated URL markdown. It looks REALLY bad to users, and markdown definitely is NOT supported despite what the portal is telling me.

Since markdown does not appear to be supported, you should also not force plaintext URLs…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Typing a single quote [ ' ] into the video description field for a highlight gets transformed into the HTML entity ' - which wouldn't be a problem if that was what got spat out on the VOD page, but it isn't, we see the raw escaped entity in the description.

This is a pretty big problem for languages that use that mark as punctuation, like, y'know, English. The most commonly spoken language in the world and also the language we are writing in right now.

You can see the issue on this VOD page: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1131783457

Please fix asap! Cheers

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When this occurs and I try logging out and logging in again I get stuck on the login screen to the message "Browser not supported" on both Firefox and Google Chrome (which are both supported browsers) until waiting another day or so to login again. Staying logged in on the same session I get restricted use of the site and is unable to create new clips or highlight VODs until waiting a certain period of time.

There is something severely wrong with Twitch website causing this to occur. I can only guess that this is a rate limiting feature that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Problem: When you are watching the VOD and your internet gets disconnected (error #2000) the VOD player gives you a button "Click here to reload the player"
    (note: the player has to finish playing the buffered content before throwing the error)

Expected result: after establishing internet connection user is pressing the button and continues watching the VOD in the same spot (or at least close to) where he lost connection
    Actual result: after establishing internet connection user is pressing the button and VOD starts playing from the beginning.

This gets extremely annoying when you watch 10 hour VODs and have…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. everytime i edit my videos on highlights and post it, some of the video clips is missing and just jump to the end. Please fix this thank you twitch developers

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Description: Sometimes the buttons on the player, pause, mute, etc. are unable to be clicked on.

I've noticed this problem mainly while having a stream playing in another tab and tabbing back into it. e.g. have multiple streams open for events/tournaments. Have had it happen on multiple PC's

When this occurs I can still use 'Space' to pause the stream but I have to refresh the page to use the other buttons.

Repro: I'm not sure on exact repro steps, just keep a stream open in another tab, muted and check on it every now and then
    Conditions: I'm using…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The volume control when using Chrome for the twitch web application has a bug with what % volume you can select. Super minor, but specific numbers can not be selected. 8% 25% 42% 58% 75%, small bug fix for someone

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There seems to be a very noticeable audio glitch at the end of Highlight Segments. The audio cuts off for a very quick moment. All of my Highlights have this issue. This issue occurs even for each Segment when there are multiple Segments in a Highlight. Please fix, thank you.

Here is an example video on Twitch and YouTube. The glitch is at the 0:36 mark:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1696249008
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1696249008?t=00h00m36s

https://youtu.be/ny6RktzflWQ
    https://youtu.be/ny6RktzflWQ?t=36

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Eg: I click the clip button while watching a live or previous broadcast
    I reach the clip editor. I leave the default clip length and click around the little yellow bar in the clip video itself. At some point I can no longer un-pause the clip and instead have to generate a NEW clip and start all over. If it helps I use "K" on the keyboard to pause/un-pause

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Opening the clipping tool without making a clip, then closing it ex 10 minutes later unintentionally creates a clip with the stream title as the clip title

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The easy animated emote uploader seem to be broken. the emote ends up with matrixing behind it when animated, even on files that have previously been ok.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This is a nits and not urgent bug.

I found that the display of the number of viewers in the web UI is NaN when I locate my mouse cursor on the following streamer's icon on the left side of the page. This only happens when I use a display which has narrow width. (ex. In my case, I turn my display 90 degree and make it vertical, and I get this bug.) Please take a look and fix.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Could you please clarify this bug report? Are you saying it's not possible to change the volume lower than 25%? Thanks.

16. Sometimes, when I come back to edit a clip I have made during stream, the clip video will not properly load, and the seek bar will show -30 at the timestamp. You will not be able to seek to any other time in the video.

You also have to refresh the page over and over again in the hopes for it to eventually work. (Which increases view counts for some reason too FYI )

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Twitch, please stop automatically muting the last 2 seconds of each clip in the highlight tool. This is absurd, I have to make all clips longer so the audio isn't cut off at the end of the important part of the clip that I'm making, which makes the clips very awkward by ending with an extra section of unimportant content.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Priority: p3
    Severity: s3
    Description: Logged user volume button not working properly
    Steps: 1: Open stream channel and mute steam volume.
    2: Reload the page.
    3: Click on volume mute button.
    Expected result: When clicking volume mute button to mute and unmute volume.
    Actual result: When clicking volume mute button nothing happens.
    Component: Streamer channel livestream
    Environment: Google Chrome Version: 106.0.5249.120
    Date: 27.10.2022

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As an avid clipper in the community I'm in (I've made over 400 clips this year alone), there are a couple of absolutely infuriating bugs I've been dealing with for several years now.

The first issue is a bug where the first 60 seconds of video of the 90 seconds of captured, editable clip footage will completely disappear, and you'll be stuck with only the most recent 30 seconds. This presents itself in a strange way on the clip page, though. The in-video scroller counts the most recent 30 seconds of video captured as the first 30 seconds of the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I click on a previous broadcast (I can hear it) and select the Highlight button. There is no audio during playback. I can't hear a thing.

BUT, if I create a highlight anyway, there is sound on the highlighted video.
    This bug started about a week ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1