Video Features

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hey, I watch alot of past broadcasts and I don't quite understand why we're all being forced to use this option. It might be good with short videos like on other platforms, but on here it's more painfull than useful.

Me and probably many other people watch them while going to sleep. So If you wake up and there are random streams marked (auto play plays random pb's for me), it's hard to remember what you actually watched.
    I also noticed that it doesn't always shows what's going to be played next https://gyazo.com/838517e196f50c6d757a3f6d9b1a9a3d .

I really hope you implement this…

183 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Popout chat during livestreams is amazing for someone like me with two monitors, I wish I could do the same with VODs. The feature to popout the VOD player already exists, however the ability to popout chat is not there. If you could link the time between the VOD and the chat in the VOD so they sync up It would be such a big quality of life improvement to the rewatchability of live streams. Yes theatre mode exists, however the screen size is sacrificed and there is no way to have the VOD's chat overlayed either. Please add a…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi! This past weekend was LOL Worlds, unfortunately I couldn’t watch it live. Something that is fairly common, especially when the event is in another time zone.

But this is no problem as I can always watch the VOD afterwards. But something that is somewhat ruining the experience for me is that I can see the time left of the video.

However, in the biggest esports such as LOL, CS:GO, OW, and Dota 2 the big tournaments are usually played out using best of matches, meaning they play until one team reach a certain won matches. Because of this the…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why not split stream Videos when u change tha Game?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I love playing back recent broadcasts from music streamers and want to "like" them so I know and they know that their broadcast was viewed and enjoyed. I'm already following them, but giving kudos for a recent broadcast would be really nice to have.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The same as when the streamer is live, we move the mouse over the player and it says... playing: (Game) on the top.

Not a very big feature but nice.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have markers on the progress bar for VODs showing when in the stream the Category and/or game was switched.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. While I am watching an old broadcast, usually the day or two after it happened, I want to catch up on a few things. I do not watch the entire thing, but usually skip along to key moments. I would appreciate a few different ways to know where to skip along the time track on bottom. For example, if there were markings along the bar that showed where clips were taken. This would let watchers know that something "big" happened there and worth stopping there along the skip. A "Next Clip" button with this could let the user skip along…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Often, streamers have a few minutes of "starting soon" to let viewers join the channel before the actual content starts. This makes sense for live viewers, but becomes frustrating when watching VODs, as the viewer has to click around to find where the actual content starts.

It would be very helpful if we could trim from the start (and end) of VODs to improve the viewers' experience.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For live videos and vods i tend to put twitch on when going to sleep. A way of setting a timer which pauses the stream would be very helpful so you can continue watching the following day and it's easier to find where you were.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keep viewing progress bar under a preview card image at 100% after you finished watching the VOD.
    This would make it easy to see which VOD's you already watched.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When a stream is live, you can go to the streamer's past broadcasts to watch the VOD of the current stream. But the time remaining (i.e., the length of the VOD) is obviously only as long as the current point in the live stream.

The annoyance is that this time is frozen to the point at which you started watching the VOD. It would be nice if this "time remaining" was continuously updated so you could seamlessly watch the stream on a delay (currently you have to refresh to get more of the video once you reach the end).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You know how there's some big event happened and you want to see streamer's reaction to it, but you was offline or following a lot of streamers from a similar directory.

You know the time of an event/announcement, so you need to calculate the time from the start of the VOD and when the stream began to also find an approximate time of the moment. It's harder when there's no preview in the first day or the timeline preview is here, but the streamer showed it off-stream.

So, because of that you usually limit yourself to the 1-2 streamers if…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Video and chat in VODs are out of sync. This usually happens to IRL streamers who are streaming through a less reliable mobile connection. Connection problems will cause the video and audio in VODs to desynchronize.

Shame there is no attention to this after 3 years.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 weeks is too little time to go back and watch VODs. I went back to record a VOD for a demo reel for my casting and succeeded, but when I went to edit, I realized it recorded no sound. I've spent the past few days trying to figure out how to recover it so I could re-record, but I haven't been successful. I think if VODs were available for a month or if the current time was doubled to 4 weeks, it would be nice for situations similar to this and also being able to look back on what…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can twitch please make it so when you finish live streaming it can actually stay on the page instead of delete. Iv posted everyday and forgot that your stream gets deleted in 16 days and it really broke me because now i dont see a reason to post anymore knowing that they are just going to be deleted in a matter of time. Can you guys please make it so we can keep our videos instead of it deleting in 16 or 60 days. We just want to keep our videos

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On PC it's already possible to decide the speed of the VOD you're watching - not on mobile though. I'd love if it was possible to also do it on mobile.

While we're at it, I'd also like there to be more different speeds - like 1.75, 2.25., 2.5, 3.

Best regads,
    Someone who does not have the time to watch a 4h VOD on mobile while not at home

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When exporting vods to YT, it would be really nice if we could add a thumbnail to the vod like we would if we were on YouTube and if the export function could flag if there are problems with your videos (i.e. this video has < or > in it, so it won't export). It's frustrating trying to carry over past vods then having to do extra steps when the bulk of the functionality already exists, and even more frustrating when I go to export, and get an email an hour later saying 'oh sorry, your export failed' with no…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Most of the time when I'm catching up on a stream series I want to watch the most recent vod and that vod alone. The option to stop twitch from playing every vod ever recorded from that point on if I don't manually stop it would be great. Most every other content platform has some form of sleep timer or autoplay on/off toggle. I'd really appreciate this and I can imagine it's not a super difficult thing to implement.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. As it says, so I can rewatch the "group-stream" like if I was watching it live.

Having the same button pointing the movie would be nice too.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?