Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. When switching to theatre mode the chat goes into dark mode, I'd like an option to opt out of this because that strains my eyes to the point where I'd rather not watch the stream at all.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On a vertical monitor browser, theatre mode with chat on should fill the horizontal portion of the screen, shifting the chat downwards to fill the bottom right of the screen, similar to how YouTube's theatre mode fill the top portion of vertical monitor, shifting suggested videos on the right downwards. This will increase video screen estate to make it easier to view the videos.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please change the default key bind for toggling the theater mode to t.

Currently the default key bind is alt + t. This leads to some issues:

• alt also toggles a feature of Firefox
    • Inconsistency to the youtube player, which uses just t

This would make the theater mode also quicker to toggle, since only one key is needed

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I've been using extensions for this, but it really should be an option on the site. Give us the option to have a stream go to theatre mode automatically instead of having to select it every single time. Honestly, that should've been an option ages ago.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In Theatre Mode when the chat is pushed off the screen by clicking the arrow, the player doesn't stretch to the bottom of the browser leaving a bit of black space at the bottom. Why not stretch the player all the way down to the bottom of the browser?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Before a stream loads, the Theatre Mode button shows next to the Full Screen button. As the stream loads, the Picture-in-Picture button replaces it causing a user to select the Picture-in-Picture button instead of the Theatre Mode. My suggestion on this fix would be to match the buttons displayed before and after load. For example, reading left to right; Start Casting, Clip, Reset Player, Picture-in-Picture, Settings, Theatre Mode, Full Screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I sometimes wish to stay updated with the channels I follow while I'm in theatre mode, which requires me to exit theatre mode. This is just a small annoyance which also get's rid of my immersion.

Yes, I can use hotkeys to quickly switch but that doesn't always work due to the Alt key requirement, besides most people use Alt for other things.

Suggestion: show the following icons/or bar when hovering over the left side of the screen. Sync the timing with the title and buttons on the bottom that show when you move your mouse on screen. I'd suggest…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Theater Mode  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As you may know, picture may become blurry when Video's Resolution is different from Display Resolution(player's size).

Comparison of "theater on 1440p" vs "popup1080p": https://imgur.com/a/ES2kCfA

Would be nice to have option to make Display Resolution to match source. Blank space could be filled with background color. Also it make sense to let user to reposition "video player" within "filler area" e.g. attach to left/right/top etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Theater Mode  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently in theater mode, snapping half the screen to the side of a normal sized monitor, the chat pulls up below the stream. Unfortunately the chat window is far too small to read anything due to clutter of gifted subs, banners, hype trains and pins. It makes it impossible to read chat with too many of these things at the same time. My current fix is to just remove those overlay elements, but right now it just feels really bad to use when you can only see like 2 lines of chat at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When in theater mode, allow me to toggle visibility of the left 'followed channels' (and 'Recommended Channels' etc) bar.

Alternatively, make the video bigger (so you can't see channel name, title, tags) and allow me to toggle the search bar at the top. In this way, I would be able to have chat, stream and left bar visible, without wasted space by search bar

Currently, there are black bars to the left and right of the video I'm watching, even when chat is open on my ultra-wide monitor. This space could be filled by the bar on the left so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If there will be a method in global object, which can be executed through JS and it will enable (if disabled) or vice versa the Theatre Mode - it would be super nice. Users that complain for the "hard" hotkey will have the possibility to remap it via some global extension.
    Sometimes I have a problem with this hotkey not working for some unknown reason, but with global method - this problem will not repeat as often.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?