Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

25 results found

1. Some viewers may notice up to three new buttons below the video player of live channels: Rewind the Stream, Remind Me, and Watch Trailer.

We're rolling out this update for testing purposes, to help inform future features. This experiment is expected to last one month.

We'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. We look forward to hearing your feedback!

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. This has probably been thought about already, but why wouldn't you give the end-user the opportunity to decide the layout of the stream? What I mean is providing the end-user with similar options to the content creator. Meaning the user can decide where to place the face cam overlay, or even turn it off. Potentially even enable a second playback browser tab. That way, users have the potential to enjoy the gameplay without having part of the game covered with the content creators face. Or if they want, they can have the creators second camera on full screen in a…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. if picarto can have multi stream viewing in a single window twitch should be able to do it too, why do we need to use third party sites like multitwitch for something like this?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It'd be nice to disable auto-play on Front Page videos. Just had the experience where I went to twitch.tv and the sound blasted in my ears, lol. Not the biggest deal in the world, but it would be nice to have the option to disable auto-play.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have 6 or more chatters interacting with my ChatBot, ie. Streamlabs Games and Such, and my Viewer Count shows 1 or 2 Viewers.. The Interaction lasts sometimes for over an hour and encompasses several ads.. As an Affiliate i am counting on these views for revenue. This is effecting my pocket book and not acceptable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. https://youtu.be/Zx9FsQB_rok

As like the video above said yours turns back with the recent guidelines changes after the claims of crybabies wokes, so please fu₢k you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The live count should represent viewers that are logged into their twitch account, not everybody that happens to be viewing a stream.

The whole point of live streaming is interacting with viewers, bringing a creator and their community closer. If you are not logged into an account, you cannot chat, get channel points, use emotes, or otherwise interact with either the streamer or their chat. Viewers who are not logged in do not reap the benefits of attending a live stream, as such they should not be able to contribute to the live viewer count.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. id like an option to have a chat box within the same window of the stream im viewing but also not off to the side... basically under the stream. i split screen my ultra wide and the amount of wasted space under and above the streamers i view is more noticeable than even id like to admit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. All streamers and viewers see how many are watching. A good idea would be to have 3 views on the live feed. The existing view count along with carousel, and a total of both. It would be beneficial for a performance, and for the ones viewing. It would be a moral boost for all involved. The stream summary that streamers receive after a show represents this. So why not have this info live as it happens.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  Ana responded

Could you please clarify this? What do you mean by have 3 views on the live feed? Which carousel? Thanks in advance for clearing this up.

11. VODs shouldn't begin playing until I click on them, or the play button in the corner.

As it is right now I need to set the browser to "Block Audio and Video" across the entire site in order to prevent the player from playing muted or unmuted.

But this also affects livestreams, which I would also like to have to option of autoplaying, either muted or unmuted.

Also, if it autoplays muted it should be possible to unmute simply by clicking on the video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sleep mode / Turn auto-play off / Auto-Opt out of raids setting

Please give the option to turn raids off as the viewer. I want to sleep I don't want my computer to stay on all night because people keep raiding each other. I want to save energy and I want my bedroom to go dark and silent. Advertisers are paying money for people who aren't even watching ads, pretty sure they don't want that either.
    As it is now if I want to go to sleep with media on I just make a little youtube playlist instead of watching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be very useful if you added a function to the twitch player that takes audio from the streamer as input and outputs subtiles in english. in my case for example i follow a few french streamers but don't know french that well yet and I'd really like to know what they're saying so I searched for browser extensions but couldn't find one that did the job so I'm asking you if you could implement this idea to the platform, thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. we need to be able to skip & reverse 10 or 5 sec on the videos we watch cause @s a creator @rebellious247 it would be a whole lot easier to skip through my videos to make my highlights instead of watching it in a fast mode & for the viewers it would be good for them to reverse the video if they want to re-watch something they saw or heard

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The playback controls in the video player are very difficult to see for many streams. The icons are very small, and there is often not enough contrast against the video.

Please (1) enlarge the playback controls and (2) darken and/or enlarge the gradient overlay between the controls and the video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My idea is to give the viewer the option to put many streams on the screen. so the viewer able to watch many streamers streams at once on one screen ... there already is a page that imight not be from twitch itself that does so it´s called "twitchtheater.tv" this is the link to the site: https://twitchtheater.tv/ ..... My wish and idea is that this ability should be on the regular twitch site and app too... to give the viewer the possibility to have stream opened on one browser tab instead of many single tabs to watch many streams at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 21:9 streams have a distorted thumbnail that looks ugly, please fix that and make them centered. thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I've just cancelled my last remaining Twitch subscription due to today's rollout of your mechanism to defeat tools like streamlink from working. In short, Twitch now requires an integrity check to pass for the playback of a stream, which can only be passed by web browser JS engines. Tools like streamlink which allowed viewing streams in native video players are blocked by this.

There are a lot of excuses people can make on behalf of Twitch as to why they're doing this (and no, not because of viewbotting, that doesn't need to play back the video), but none of this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Usually when ads play, pressing M does nothing. It should mute the sound I guess, most of the time it does, seems it depends on keyboard focus, too? Higher success rate in fullscreen. Yes I know there's also a mute button.
    So my suspicion was that it's nice for Twitch when you can't immediately mute the sound when ads start playing, so I press alt+f4 instead to get rid of the whole thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I like to do multiple tasks on the PC, And along with watching Twitch, In picture-in-picture mode, Because it's more accessible to watch and do PC tasks on the same screen, But it happens to lose video quality, Not keeping the chosen one, having to change constantly due to the loss of quality, I would like to always keep the chosen quality and not have unwanted changes. Grateful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?