Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't want to see a featured broadcast when I go to twitch. An option to remove it would be nice.

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

95 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The mobile verison supports "Audio only", but not at Browsers or App on Desktop. While Data-Usage shouldn't be problem on PC - but it actually might - in addition, Twitch uses an non-insignificant amount of CPU-power, which could also benefit from that option (i.e. of Talk Shows, Podcasts, ASRM, Music Streams, ...).
    I see no point, to exclude this feature on PCs.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It seems as though twitch videos no longer show or have an expandable description beneath the video player or I cannot find it after searching everywhere on the page. There needs to be a spot where the video description can be read by the viewer as the video may reference written information that the viewer can find in the description and is an important spot for providing relevant links.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Higher Bitrate: (Above 10.000, with video quality selector can be managed so if someone won't use that high download usage, he can tweak it), we still have a really low bitrate, and that force us try to tweak OBS to reach higher quality with lower CPU encoding speed. Still this is not a miracle, and 6000 bitrate is so limited (even if there is a trick to go beyond and reach 8000 bitrate).

• HDR: OBS doesn't support because it's not worth it nowadays since Twitch is not supporting it, but other platforms are starting to give a hint to this…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How about you don't throw at me your purple screen of death when my adblock is disable on your whole website and has been forever.

It's not your ******* business if I want to use one on website I don't use regularly to protect myself from the ones full of ****.

I'll watch my gaming content elsewhere util this is resolved, and if u don't, I'm out for good.

U greddy f*ck Besos

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There should be at least two audio channels for the viewer.
    So the viewer can decide to switch off background music or game sounds if wanted.

I often have to quit streams because the music game sound is not what I want to hear.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ever since they removed low Latency mode, my delay has more than doubled on all browsers. Please bring it back

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Prior warning for people who may have perm ear damage from scare alert donos or asked to lower volume (espically if the chat is wearing headphones). Just something to keep people safe from full pitch screaming.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I was writing the description and noticed I was unable to use HTML5 to H ref a website. please allow this. thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. This has probably been thought about already, but why wouldn't you give the end-user the opportunity to decide the layout of the stream? What I mean is providing the end-user with similar options to the content creator. Meaning the user can decide where to place the face cam overlay, or even turn it off. Potentially even enable a second playback browser tab. That way, users have the potential to enjoy the gameplay without having part of the game covered with the content creators face. Or if they want, they can have the creators second camera on full screen in a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hi Twich
    My name is Solji and I am a high school student. I am sending you an email about broadcast safety.
    Why don't you write a warning when you see a scary game or a hateful scene on the show? I look forward to hearing from you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. This may be more of a question than a suggestion. As I couldn't find much information regarding this...

While watching a live stream, the streamer's audio is out of sync with his/her lips.

I am not referring to when the audio is out of sync by a whole second or more...

I refer to a stream in which the streamer knows what he is doing, and there is nothing wrong with the settings.

It happens basically on all streams, so it seems normal and maybe not all viewers will notice it, but there is definitely a slight out of sync…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. hay right now there is no obvious way to upload videos to my channel. I can't even find how to do it in the help section. please make it as simple as a publish button on the video producer page so I don't half to jump through hoops trying to find it. by the way, I am still looking for the way to upload video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Some of us have websites- eCom stores, information websites, etc. I have a PC hardware review website and would like to wish to integrate it just like Youtube. I wish Twitch had the tools that worked.

Twitch has embed code separately for viewing and chat. But it's rather a general code that has fixed width and height. You'd think a big platform like Twitch would have an official WordPress plugin with a responsive design. Also, plugins have better compatibility with WordPress.

There are plugins for Twitch, but they have long been discontinued. There are so many websites out there that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A pair of sunglasses with a camera so you can stream anywhere

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow the viewers from there devices to control the volume of the streamer and the game. Sometimes I am watching good players, yet very bad talkers so I want to here only the game. I would really like this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi,
    I thought it would be cool to have filters in Twitch. It would improve entertainment a lot. Hit me up if you wanna hear more about this idea of mine.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Hi,
    Please disable auto-play for streams on main page when logged off or make it at least muted by default.
    I just entered main page unlogged with headphones on and got my ear drums blasted with random music stream.
    This is very annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There should be a way to only allow twitch users who follow your channel to see your stream. Anyone not following will not be allowed to view the stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. wie wers wenn ihr nen 4 Kanal audio browser erweiterung macht. 1. Kanal Gesamtlautstärke. 2.Kanal Mikrofonlautstärke. 3.Kanal Musiklautstärke. 4.Kanal Gamelautstärke. wer echt super sowas dann könnte der zuschauer selbst abmischen was er wie laut hören will. SeemsGood. Mit freundlichen grüssen SirGlaukom

how much if you do a 4-channel audio browser extension. 1st channel overall volume. 2nd channel microphone volume. 3rd channel music volume. 4th channel game volume. who really great something then the viewer could mix himself what he wants to hear how loud. SeemsGood. Sincerely, SirGlaukom

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?