Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. Hello.

My Suggestion is that there should be Subfolder in our Highlights. Why? So I have a lot of Highlights from many different games and to find some Highlights is pretty annoying because of scrolling, so a perfect solution for that would be if we have Subfolders per game for every Highlight.

So User can click on the "Hearthstone Folder" is they search for a good Hearthstone Match, or they click on the "Fifa Folder" for Best Goals and so on...

I think that would make the Highlight Section more comfortable for everyone :)

Thank you.

158 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I love the new view numbers attached to the VODs! I would love a way to transfer these view numbers to the attached highlight. As it stands now, we lose all those stats when the VOD expires. Those of us that highlight entire streams without the breaks, etc to save for future VOD watchers (for example, an entire series run of Silent Hill) have a difficult time explaining Twitch analytics to sponsors or advertisers.

If I submit analytics of EXAMPLE GAME with 1k Twitch views, 1k YouTube (uploaded 24 hours after it airs on Twitch for exclusivity), 1k podcast version,…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a comment function for highlights. Always interesting to hear what people think about one of your videos.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I play through a lot of games on Twitch and instead of having a Highlight and a Past Broadcast... I delete the Past Broadcast and just keep the Highlight (as they last forever)

The fact that I an unable to rerun highlights, obviously leaves me with very limited options. Please return the ability to rerun highlighted vods.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. the video highlighter is great and so are stream markers but some highlights are short, can we get the clip button on the video player in highlighter?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It'd be nice if I could save a draft when making a highlight, so I could come back and finish it later, and not gamble the time I spent making it.

I made a highlight, and when I published it, the result was a "processing error". Two hours wasted.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I usually create a marker while I'm live so I know where to look for the clippable moments and I can go back after the stream is over and create the clips.

To see markers you need to use the highlighter, but you cannot create clips on the same page. You have to go to the actual VOD, go to the specific time and then click the "create a clip" button there.

Can we get the "create a clip" button in the actual highlighter to prevent this nonsense please?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This is really bad! I can't edit this without spending forever trying to edit out all the corrupted parts of my videos every other cut. I know that you all don't have the bandwidth to re-encode every highlight that is edited but at least have it time the keyframes better. It makes vlc explode and not even mkv can play some of these files right...

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd like the ability to Edit or Delete Markers from "Highlights" when viewing the video.

• Thank You
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am unsure if this is intentional, but when you highlight a VOD you now have to wait for each highlight to finish processing to add a description or change its title or game.

This has only been the case for about a month; before that you could add a description while a highlight was processing no problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I use the Highlighter to trim my VODs. Highlights are then added to themed Collections on Twitch, and are also exported to YouTube. Today is 1st October, and within the last week I have noticed a frustrating inconsistency between the Highlight video playback on Twitch and the version exported to YouTube. Highlights I’ve created before 19th September are not affected.

In summary.
    A Highlight video is made with single or multiple segments based on the VOD timecodes. The authored Highlight video in the Twitch video player does not play the segments at the timecodes set in the editor, instead each…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, the Highlight feature is just the Clip feature without a length limit, which can lead to some lackluster highlights - especially in regards to highlights featuring multiple segments of a stream or even an entire stream. That said, I'd like to see some basic features added such as:

1.) The ability to add transitions / fades between segments.

2.) The ability to add effects such as fast-forwarding or slowmotion to portions of the highlight.

3.) The ability to manually mute audio from portions of the highlight in order to censor parts of the stream without having to cut it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I download a highlighted clip, the video quality is soooooooooo bad. It would be nice to either present us with a few quality options before downloading (Low/Med/High) or just always "prepare" and download a High quality version of the video. In my opinion 9 times out of 10 we're downloading these to perform further edits on them, and it would be great to do so using a high quality source, with the least amount of compression possible.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For dumb people like me who trim a world record run with the wrong start and 5 extra minutes at the start. Why can't we trim more once it becomes a highlight?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I miss checkmarks for highlights, so several highlights can be added at once to a collection.
    Also with checkmarks, set the category of the highlight.

Because PS4 streams often do not properly translate the category properly and you have to manually edit them game in the video producer.

Oh and memory on Firefox! My stream highlights (10 videos) are residual in my Firefox RAM and currently snack 12GB RAM (of 32GB).

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It's been behaving like this for about a week or two now.

I'll make a highlight with a very specific length and when I play it back it's longer than it should be

eg:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1941262145

When I created this I used 1:19:47-1:20:38 from the source broadcast, or 51 seconds long

Yet the final video plays beyond the 51 second mark and ends up being 59 seconds somehow!?

See also, mark a chunk, have a cut and mark another chunk. The finished product has no cuts for some reason?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We need A A.I that doesnt drop frames or even run on your system. that can actually make good non Copyright music Reels and Clips like ATHENASCOPE did. I know FPS streamers have to agree if you use to use them. If ther is something out there im missing please jimreynoldssr DM me or lmk... i honestly dont know if thats not allowed if its not i apologize in advance. but please leave my feedback

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please, put up some estimating warning hints system... so that a past broadcast video editing person could understand, that the amount of cuts and small fragments he/she made to a video, is most probably about to make the processing stuck and fail making a short highlight. I lost at least 10 highlights due to that malfunction.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've been filing in the descriptions for my highlights and adding links to other resources related to the topics, but I just realized they don't appear anywhere when someone is watching the VOD.

Please ensure that the video viewer page can show the description of the video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am pretty sure there are 2 bugs which are related to highlights:

When you want to highlight something then you get stuck on this forever: https://prnt.sc/zssyrh . I tried once waiting for several hours and nothing happened. You cannot open highlights then in video producer, and the only way will be through your channel's main page. It is pretty recent bug and I do not know how to fix this.

Previously you could watch highlighted videos' descriptions. You can still make a description but it does not show up anymore. And old video descriptions are missing too. Many others…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?