Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello.

My Suggestion is that there should be Subfolder in our Highlights. Why? So I have a lot of Highlights from many different games and to find some Highlights is pretty annoying because of scrolling, so a perfect solution for that would be if we have Subfolders per game for every Highlight.

So User can click on the "Hearthstone Folder" is they search for a good Hearthstone Match, or they click on the "Fifa Folder" for Best Goals and so on...

I think that would make the Highlight Section more comfortable for everyone :)

Thank you.

135 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I love the new view numbers attached to the VODs! I would love a way to transfer these view numbers to the attached highlight. As it stands now, we lose all those stats when the VOD expires. Those of us that highlight entire streams without the breaks, etc to save for future VOD watchers (for example, an entire series run of Silent Hill) have a difficult time explaining Twitch analytics to sponsors or advertisers.

If I submit analytics of EXAMPLE GAME with 1k Twitch views, 1k YouTube (uploaded 24 hours after it airs on Twitch for exclusivity), 1k podcast version,…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I play through a lot of games on Twitch and instead of having a Highlight and a Past Broadcast... I delete the Past Broadcast and just keep the Highlight (as they last forever)

The fact that I an unable to rerun highlights, obviously leaves me with very limited options. Please return the ability to rerun highlighted vods.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hello!
    Realization of my idea will be very useful in case of some techical problems when OBS chrashes or some others causes. Because of this issues streamer should to restart his stream, therefore on Twitch will be a few videos which we aren't able to combine at this moment.
    That's why we need this possibility.
    Thank you.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Oftentimes, the default thumbnail will not accurately reflect the highlight in question. It would be nice to have multiple thumbnails to choose from (similar to what Youtube allows) before publishing the highlight.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am unsure if this is intentional, but when you highlight a VOD you now have to wait for each highlight to finish processing to add a description or change its title or game.

This has only been the case for about a month; before that you could add a description while a highlight was processing no problem.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It'd be nice if I could save a draft when making a highlight, so I could come back and finish it later, and not gamble the time I spent making it.

I made a highlight, and when I published it, the result was a "processing error". Two hours wasted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For dumb people like me who trim a world record run with the wrong start and 5 extra minutes at the start. Why can't we trim more once it becomes a highlight?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I work for a Gaming News organization and we stream 6-7 days a week and have 2 people running our rerun. Sometimes the order gets screwed up or someone forgot to add a video in the line up and its not possible to add or subtract from the rerun when its playing. Being able to move things around (obviously no the video being played) but ability to change on the go would be very valuable to my job in particular.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Highlights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. On youtube you can edit the videos AFTER it is uploaded.

would be awesome if you could take you older highlights on twitch and cut them a little bit shorter if you dont like the ending or something.

and if you could mute some parts of the highlights by yourself which you dont like. (maybe there was some awful sound in the background or something)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I am pretty sure there are 2 bugs which are related to highlights:

When you want to highlight something then you get stuck on this forever: https://prnt.sc/zssyrh . I tried once waiting for several hours and nothing happened. You cannot open highlights then in video producer, and the only way will be through your channel's main page. It is pretty recent bug and I do not know how to fix this.

Previously you could watch highlighted videos' descriptions. You can still make a description but it does not show up anymore. And old video descriptions are missing too. Many others…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I usually create a marker while I'm live so I know where to look for the clippable moments and I can go back after the stream is over and create the clips.

To see markers you need to use the highlighter, but you cannot create clips on the same page. You have to go to the actual VOD, go to the specific time and then click the "create a clip" button there.

Can we get the "create a clip" button in the actual highlighter to prevent this nonsense please?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Do not force turbo users to watch trailers and press skip every time. i personally consider trailers as ads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I have a 30hr+ highlight that I need to cut down to get an exact moment earlier in the video. Instead of having to download the whole thing, It would be better to just create a highlight of a highlight and just use a link. thanks, lads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. while making highlights, the seeker bar showing highlighted (yellow) segments of the video does not include the muted (red) parts of the vod. this would be a great qol addition for editors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please allow us to edit/trim down already-existing highlights. A couple of issues I ran into: 1) When I completed a 25-hour stream, later wanted to play it as a rerun, and was told it had to be 24 hours or less (it'd be nice to trim it down some, so as to make it playable). 2) I downloaded the 25-hour video, trimmed it down just under 24 hours, and tried to re-upload it to Twitch, only to be told that it was too large D:

Please let us trim down existing highlights!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Every Edited highlight has messed up keyframes!
    When you download those things they are impossible to edit with because of it! its h264 stitched together and it does not work.
    That codec is not made for that!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I don’t know why Twitch took it off and a lot of people use reruns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?