Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

179 results found

1. Streams should be able to encode audio into separate audio channels, so that users can independently mix/select audio for each channel. For example, one channel could be music, another could be the streamer's voice, and another for the game/application's audio. In this example, if you were already playing music that you wanted to listen to, you could disable the streamer's music. Or, if you have trouble hearing the streamer's voice, you could turn that up. Or, if you don't want to hear the streamer or music, you could mute them and just listen to the game. I think it would…

963 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Audio only option for pc. I know that they have this option on the twitch app, and i would want to see this on pc as well. Sometimes 1080p 60fps and 720p 60fps streams (without quality options) can result in high temps for laptops. Not to mention that this benefits people who want to hear the stream in the background without having to load the video portion of the stream.

533 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Right now Twitch's interface makes uploaded videos almost invisible. In order to find uploaded videos, you either have to find them at the bottom of the search results or, when in a specific game, you need to go to a separate "uploaded" videos tab.

While I do not want to suggest specifically stealing from Youtube, I think an interface redesign needs to be considered to make uploaded videos more visible. I think that the focus should be on what's live, but that there should still be quite a bit of visibility added to the uploaded videos in both search results…

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Allan Hui responded

Agreed, we’re working to make discovery of uploaded videos much easier.

4. The ability to create chapters within your VODs post-stream

There are instances where a change in stream title & category doesn't register with your stream. In cases, like so it makes it difficult for viewers to find the select point where you stream segment they want to watch is.

If created after your stream is done you would be able to go into the video mangager/editor and create select chapters in order to better organize a VOD for viewer consumption.

125 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think as with all video uploading sites, Twitch could benefit from likes, dislikes or maybe the old five star rating system. Something to help see what people like and don't like.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For now, the video section of a channel only highlight the latest ones or show them all depending on some filters.

What about having a search engine? In my case, I'm syncing over 1700 videos from a Youtube channel et on the frontend or backend of the channel there's no way to search for a specific video to, for example, modify things, check stats, etc.

Thanks for your attention

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be really nice if you could rewind a stream up to the point it started. You could make this a feature only usable with streams that have their vods saved, as it could just access the vod and rewind, then you could fast forward all the way back up the live point. I believe youtube has a feature exactly like this for their live streams, though I prefer twitch, this feature makes watching streams on youtube very appealing.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. At the moment we're only able to see the relative timestamp (i.e. "x days ago", "x months ago", etc) when we're viewing a video or clip.

To make it consistent with the experience when browsing videos, add the absolute timestamp of a video/clip when hovering over the relative timestamp just below the player/above the title.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sometimes we need to edit our videos before publishing it such as cut or add some scenes. But right now our only option is to upload after edited. An editor such as the one that YouTube uses will be great. We will be able to add background music, CC, subtitles, transition and things like that. And also community contribution of CC and subtitles too.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Right now, the only ways of notifying your followers of an upload are through e-mail and channel feed. Not everyone wants to spam their followers e-mails (potentially causing them to drift away) and not everybody uses channel feed. There should be a proper dashboard that displays all the videos that have been recently uploaded from the broadcasters you follow, and only uploads. Currently, if you go to a channels videos, you have to specifically filter for "uploads," otherwise they're lost in the sea of 100's of VOD's and highlights. In this dashboard, there should also be discovery mechanisms. IE: Popular…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. a check mark box that hides a vod or clip from public, and an option to set that as default, this would give streamer/editor the ability to check a vod or clip before it is publicly viewable. but also leave stuff the way it is for people that don't use it.
    no downside on server, vods won't last longer then they do, and clips are already there until you delete.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If by accident or due to a glitch on the software (happened this last one to me twice), you can restore deleted videos in a short period of time. also adding a confirmation button, just in case of a glitch.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would be gread if we could pull more than one file to the upload field and then all the videos will be sequential uploaded.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Thanks for the feedback, we understand bulk upload needs and are looking into requirements. How many videos do you think you will upload at a time, and how often will you upload multiple videos?

14. I wish viewership wasn’t a public thing. I wish it was something only the streamer/mods could see, if they wanted.

No view counts on any channel. I believe this would provide more discoverability, limit trolls, open up more raiding opportunities and give other viewers the chance to go into channels that they wouldn't normally go to because they have "too many viewers". Plus, sponsors would have to look into how the streamer interacts with their community instead of basing sponsorships solely on viewership. If they want that information, they can always ask AFTER they realize they like your content.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to have closed captioned and subtitled videos. Twitch wouldn't need to have a closed captioning system, just the option to upload a CC file (i.e SubRip, SubViewer, RealText, etc) and preferably to be able to maintain the more advanced files' caption positioning.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, the only option for transcoding regardless of a streamer's own setup, is to pray you're lucky.

This harms a ton of smaller streamers, viewers, and Twitch Profits alike. It forces streamers to prioritise lower quality, which wards off viewers in more economically sound positions in order to get the viewers required to get noticed by the clearly viewer driven promotion algorithm. This is highly self-contradicting, leading to the only chance for twitch to maximise profit being streamers downprioritising the users that would be the most likely to contribute large amounts.

Opensourcing already existing transcoding service together with something like…

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Pressing , or . will go back 1 frame or forward 1 frame just like on youtube. Sometimes I want to see how many frames it took for someone to kill the streamer I'm watching on Valorant for example.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let twitch auto change game name (and maybe title) based on what it was set on stream or info entered for uploaded videos. Vodcasts with 10th of games in one section creates mess

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I don't have the most stable internet so there are days where a stream will buffer quite a bit. This means that I am viewing the stream later than the rest of chat, and in order to catch back up I need to reload the entire page.

I would like a button that refreshes just the stream in order to give the the most current stream.

This would also help people who chose to pause the stream.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stream snip3r no sniping! Stream snip3r no sniping!

Idea: If there were an easy option to add a video delay easily during any part of the broadcast, it would prevent stream snipers from ruining the fun for everyone.

In the Gaming Category especially it would be awesome if Creators had a way to easily add a +5 second delay.

Reason: Whenever the streamer is being stream sniped it ruins the fun for the viewers. It also makes the streamer understandably frustrated and want to quit live streaming their favorite game.

Creators might only want to game later in the broadcast…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?