Video Features

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View clips on mobile (Android and IOS)

Currently the option to view what clips a streamer has uploaded is missing in the app. I would like a bar/tab that I can click to view such!

14 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Allan Hui responded

Thanks for your feedback! We’re working on it. Thanks for your patience.

2. Watch Later Queue

It'd be great to be able to add content to a queue that I can then watch later, in the order it was added, at my convenience.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Great idea, we definitely want to work on making the viewing experience better. How often would you say you add things to watch later, and when do you usually return to watch things that you have saved?

3. Please add Delete and Categories to Clips.

On clips, the list gets long with content we enjoy from our channel to others. It would be really nice to delete the ones that mean nothing anymore. It would help us keep it clean and organized.

Talking about organizaion, adding categories that you can named yourself would be amazing. Whether you want to keep a collection of your own or another specifc streamer. This would be a good way to bring all the videos that you want to keep together.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We’re definitely looking into ways for users to better manage the collection of clips. The categories is an interesting idea. Would be curious to see how people vote on this.

4. "Recording Date" Field

Especially with the Upload system just now launching, many streamers are uploading very old VODs. The Upload Date isn't really indicative of the quality to expect from that same streamer's channel today. Having an official field to specify the "Recording Date" (date the video was actually recorded) and later allowing Twitch users to sort by Recording Date would be helpful to see when videos were actually recorded. The Recording Date can default to the Upload Date if unspecified by the streamer.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good idea. Yes, we’ve heard from video creators who are interested in moving their entire collections to Twitch. So a field like this would definitely be valuable.

5. Channel-Specific Games Browser

With Uploads, streamers can keep their VOD archive forever. It is finally possible to see a record of every game an individual streamer has played in their career by reviewing their Uploads page. It would be cool to add a "Games Browser" for each channel that mirrors the existing site-wide Games Browser. You would get a searchable view of all of the games represented in a channel's Uploads sorted by total # Views for each game. Streamers could use this to link to archives for specific games they've played on Twitch the way we can currently link to specific games…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow editors to edit sub only videos

If you are an editor of a channel that has Sub-only Video archive then the only way to edit those archives or create clips is to be a subscriber. I don't imagine that was intentional.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New section for vodcasts

They aren't live broadcasts so you can't lump them with live ones, but they aren't offline. so proposal, new section that says just "vodcast"

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. #BitsforClips2017 Twitch Users can earn bits for Sharing Clips on Social Media http://i.imgur.com/hqsuiob.jpg

Allow users that Share Clips from streams on Social Media to Earn bits.This will entice others to use the clips feature, as well as creative more of a flood of "Twitch is a thing" advertising that we are lacking. Cheering is an amazing interactive feature that so many people participate in, lets give more people more ways to earn bits.
    -This would be a way to earn bits that is beneficial to the platform and streamers (not just Our Advertising Partners)
    -Would create a community participation effect. Someone can help the streamer in a way that is free to do…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Uploaded videos more visible

Right now Twitch's interface makes uploaded videos almost invisible. In order to find uploaded videos, you either have to find them at the bottom of the search results or, when in a specific game, you need to go to a separate "uploaded" videos tab.

While I do not want to suggest specifically stealing from Youtube, I think an interface redesign needs to be considered to make uploaded videos more visible. I think that the focus should be on what's live, but that there should still be quite a bit of visibility added to the uploaded videos in both search results…

150 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Agreed, we’re working to make discovery of uploaded videos much easier.

10. A Proper Dashboard

Right now, the only ways of notifying your followers of an upload are through e-mail and channel feed. Not everyone wants to spam their followers e-mails (potentially causing them to drift away) and not everybody uses channel feed. There should be a proper dashboard that displays all the videos that have been recently uploaded from the broadcasters you follow, and only uploads. Currently, if you go to a channels videos, you have to specifically filter for "uploads," otherwise they're lost in the sea of 100's of VOD's and highlights. In this dashboard, there should also be discovery mechanisms. IE: Popular…

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cleaner Thumbnails

Every thumbnail is covered with the game being played, the number of views, and the video length. This makes making custom thubnails difficult, since the only place to put words on the thubnail is the bottom left corner and the middle. The thumbnails could be cleaner if these only showed up when mousing over the thumbnail.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. We will monitor this further and look at the data to see if viewers are more or less inclined to watch with the stats there.

12. Monetization System for Uploaders

Twitch partners streams are currently monetized so I feel uploads should be monetized as well in some, ideally through ads and Twitch Prime.

68 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! This is something we have been looking into but it will take some time, please be patient!

13. Upload Multiple Videos sequential

Would be gread if we could pull more than one file to the upload field and then all the videos will be sequential uploaded.

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, we understand bulk upload needs and are looking into requirements. How many videos do you think you will upload at a time, and how often will you upload multiple videos?

14. Annotations

Or atleast some sort of form of Annotations, so creators can easily link people from one video to another, or link them to their Social Medias, by simply having the viewer click somewhere on the video screen. I don't think they HAVE to implement this, but it would be a pretty convenient feature to have I think. :)

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! How often would you use annotations, and besides links and text would there be something else you would want to have in the annotation?

15. Don't allow us to just click out of the edit video window.

When you're editing the thumbnail, description, etc. you can accidentally exit the window when you click anywhere outside of it. Then you lose all of the work you just did. Either autosave the info that's been entered, or don't make it so easy to accidentally exit.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback, we understand the problem and are looking into it!

16. Character count for Description/Tag Creation

A feature that allows you to view how many characters are allowed and used while typing up both your description and tags.

As suggested in another idea, tags at the moment are rather restrictive on just how long individual tags can be, but in my experience it seems like there is also a rather low tag limit (i.e., I enter a lot of tags and it seems that the first few will be removed in favor of the last ones that I entered)

Some plugins/addons for sites such as YouTube (vidIQ, TubeBuddy) or Reddit (RES) have similar functions when creating…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We are working on this. How many characters do your typical tags have?

17. Change the description size or spot

At the moment the description underneath a video looks pretty big for the amount of information that is in it. I think it would fit better on the right side of the page so it could make place for other video's or other new features.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our new channel page is constantly being improved and your feedback is appreciated! Do you currently fill out the description field in your videos, and typically how long is it?

18. Clips interlinked with Videos

The "my-clips" page is hidden from twitch and clips themselves do not tend to have much recognition (unless posted to reddit). If clips and videos were placed into the same category (for dashboard and for top viewed clips/videos). Clips would also need proper titles to be listed as videos (Each clips from a stream contains the title of the stream, you could end up with 100 clips under the same name).

Maybe you could publish clips as videos from twitch?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

It sounds like you want a place to find top clips to watch?

19. Provide different ways to view all the clips you've taken

As it stands, they're simply listed from top to bottom from the latest clip to the first. I don't know how many clips other users have taken, but I am pretty sure I am in the hundreds. It would be nice if we could sort the clips we've taken in ways like most views, the channel it was clipped from, when it was clipped. Maybe even show the clips in a grid like viewing other videos on the site.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, we’re re-evaluating how my-clips is done and see how we can improve on it.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base