Video Features

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Audio Channels

It would be great to let streamers send multiple audio channels. For example splitting game audio, streamer voice, music, and notifications.

Often Twitch is open to the side while the viewer is doing something else, and being able to switch off or adjust the volume of certain audio channels so they interfere less would be very useful, and make it more likely for users to keep tabs open.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. rewind

the ability to rewind streams if you show up late should be implemented i understand that that takes extra infrastructure but i feel you are a big enough platform to do it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow video uploads without first premiering them

Twitch removed the ability to upload prerecorded videos via the Video Manager without first premiering them. Please reintroduce this function. I would like to upload a highlight reel to Twitch instead of using YouTube for that function. Thank you.

97 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Twitch Partners With Twitch Prime Or Twitch Turbo Should Get 90 Days VOD Storage

Having Twitch Prime or Twitch Turbo really helps affiliates in that their videos on demand are stored for 60 days as opposed to 14 days. However if you are a Twitch Partner under the current system you don't get any video storage benefits as you are already given 60 days VOD storage. I think it would be more than fair to give Twitch Partners who have Twitch Prime or Twitch Turbo 90 days VOD Storage as opposed to 14 or 60. The additional 30 days worth of storage would give Twitch Partners a reason to pay for Twitch Prime or…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow markers to be added retroactively

Allow adding markers during the stream to moments that already passed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to refresh the list of reccomended past broadcasts shown on the Home and "Following" pages.

The "Videos recommended for you" and "Based on your viewing history" sections sometimes stop showing new recommendations and right now there's no way to refresh or dismiss them.

As it is now, the recommendation algorithm seems to favor videos that don't necessarily match what you've actually been viewing recently. For example, instead of the broadcasts I'm in the middle of watching I see videos that have high view counts but are months old.
    ->It would be great to have a way to show a new list of videos or/and even a way to dismiss videos you're not interested in.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to select certain videos or collections that can be accessed by subscribers

Would be great if we could select either collections or individual videos that were subscriber only videos and default the rest to public view. Or have a way to schedule out when they go from private (subs only) to public. As of right now we do that between YouTube and Twitch, YouTube being the public channel and Twitch VOD's being the subs only viewing. Having Twitch be both would be more than nice.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Video Processing Que Clear

I have like 15 Videos stuck in the Processing Video Producer tab on my Twitch. Why isn't this Fixed yet Twitch? (At least let me delete these failed attempts or Invent a clear Que Button that just Force Quits all processes in the Que?) There is no 3 dots at the side that allows me to delete these eyesores. I tried uploading a .mov today. 4GB and 2 times it failed so now my Que is even larger. Stuck in infinite processing.

I feel like this problem started when they changed the processing so that only affiliates could Publish a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. FLAC support

While I understand the initial limitation with bandwidth required AAC limited to 160kbps when Twitch first started out along with a lack of native support initially, I fail to see why FLAC audio streaming, as per what Tidal offer for their premium service, can't be offered as an option, particularly for the entertainment and arts streams where audio quality is more crucial than for gaming streams where visual quality takes precedence.

Computationally, particularly with multicore CPUs with hyperthreading, it should be relatively easy to enable encoding on the fly without a degradation in streaming quality and not impact much on…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Monetization for Non Partners on Twitch, so that the small channels have a little Revenue Stream :)

Monetization for Partners and Non Twitch Partners on Videos.
    So that also the smaller Channels have a small Revenue Stream from their videos.

172 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make smaller channels get recognized easier than the larger channels.

On the Homepage show smaller channels instead of bigger channels so virtually everyone can get followers easily.

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Searching a video within a channel

For now, the video section of a channel only highlight the latest ones or show them all depending on some filters.

What about having a search engine? In my case, I'm syncing over 1700 videos from a Youtube channel et on the frontend or backend of the channel there's no way to search for a specific video to, for example, modify things, check stats, etc.

Thanks for your attention

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bulk delete

I wish there was a way to delete videos in bulk. For someone like myself who uploads a LOT of vids and not have to go through deleting one video at a time if that time comes.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Higher max. bitrate for everyone including NON-Partners.

To put it simple: I'd like to stream my 1080p60 gameplay in better quality.

My guess is that everyone would like to do it.

For example: YouTube Gaming's recommended bitrate ranges from 4,500 to 9,000 kbps for 1080p60. Here we can use up to 3,100 without having fear that the stream will stutter a lot for the viewers.

Would be awesome if we could get it here as well. Along with Quality options.

As a NON-partner.

Give us a chance to grow our channels with quality from the beginning.

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. let streamers stream on chromebook

some people dont have laptops or other pc. and sometimes people want to stream on the chromebook because they cant get to their other pc so at least try to make it work

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Watch Later Queue

It'd be great to be able to add content to a queue that I can then watch later, in the order it was added, at my convenience.

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In Review  ·  Catherine Hsiao responded

Great idea, we definitely want to work on making the viewing experience better. How often would you say you add things to watch later, and when do you usually return to watch things that you have saved?

17. "Recording Date" Field

Especially with the Upload system just now launching, many streamers are uploading very old VODs. The Upload Date isn't really indicative of the quality to expect from that same streamer's channel today. Having an official field to specify the "Recording Date" (date the video was actually recorded) and later allowing Twitch users to sort by Recording Date would be helpful to see when videos were actually recorded. The Recording Date can default to the Upload Date if unspecified by the streamer.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    In Review  ·  Allan Hui responded

Good idea. Yes, we’ve heard from video creators who are interested in moving their entire collections to Twitch. So a field like this would definitely be valuable.

18. Channel-Specific Games Browser

With Uploads, streamers can keep their VOD archive forever. It is finally possible to see a record of every game an individual streamer has played in their career by reviewing their Uploads page. It would be cool to add a "Games Browser" for each channel that mirrors the existing site-wide Games Browser. You would get a searchable view of all of the games represented in a channel's Uploads sorted by total # Views for each game. Streamers could use this to link to archives for specific games they've played on Twitch the way we can currently link to specific games…

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Processing progress as percentage

The progress (in percentage) shows when uploading a video, but when Processing that video, no percentage is shown. I've uploaded long (3.5 hours) videos that just show a simple spinning graphic, but eventually successfully finish. For everyday users without patience, it's unclear if the Processing is working or not.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base