Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

180 results found

1. click stream to pause, as it always has been everywhere.
    one click = pause/play
    two click = fullscreen

its incredible that i can click on screen of stream and it doesnt pause. who undoes one of the most basic functions of videos that has been a standard for around 15 years or more
    let me klick the screen to pause ffs

also auto mute ads obviously

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a streamer (low latency mode enabled) has momentary internet problems, it increases the delay significantly for the rest of the stream. One solutions is to restart the stream, but then you will have separate vods and spam extra notifications for users.
    So, ideally we would have a option on streamers dashboard to reconnect to da serves and fix the delay. I imagine it will stall the stream for couple of seconds and not something you would want to use unless you have to, but still would be much better then restarting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a playback rate shortcut, like Youtube.

For example, when you go to a Youtube video and press: "SHIFT + >", the playback rate increases, and when you press: "SHIFT + <", the playback rate decreases.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On the event of a Stream restarting or even needing to switch OBS settings, it’d be nice to be able to let Twitch know that “this stream is part of the previous one that ended (within a certain amount of time) ago.” I think twitch has an automatic version of this, but in the oddball case of it marking two back to back streams as separate, it’d be nice to merge them.
    Why? - During stream fails you don’t have to worry about starting a new “record” on your channel; Viewers of VODS won’t have to switch; Stream Schedule Page…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to watch multiple streamers and hear them without the gameplay sounds overlapping so that I have no idea what's happening in any of them. I just want to focus mainly on one, but still hear the other streamers talk.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like a way to watch multiple streams at the same time, kind of like multitwitch.
    Twitch has gone out of its way to break sites like that so why not do it instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. As a twitch user that does not have the best of internet, it's extremely frustrating to not be able to support your friends who have affiliate because their streams have no quality options besides their source selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Disable AUTO on video player. Even if you choose 720p after sometime it switches back to auto and freezes the stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would really love to be able to decide how loud the streamers voice and the streamers game is for me.
    Normally Streamers have to decide how loud everything together is.
    Iam not sure if this is possible, but i guess you can have different channels on one audio stream, why not make one for the game and one for voice.
    Then it could be possible for the viewer to decide how loud he wants to hear these channels.
    Thank you :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think the navigation of vods is pretty tedious. It would greatly benefit from a more user friendly interaction. The Android app has buttons to revert 10 seconds or skip 30 seconds. This is great, however these buttons aren't accessible enough due to being to small. As Fitts's UI design Law teaches us, the accessibility can be increased by increasing the size of the button. The way YouTube does it is splendid. The left half of the screen is used to navigate backwards and the right to navigate forwards. Then, by simply double tapping in the respective region the user…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think it would be amazing to have a snappy instant replay option whereby, with the touch of a button we could have a pop-up overlay which could be set to play back the last 5-15 seconds (or however much time deemed optimal by the community) of action with playback control.

Clips are a great feature and definitely have their place like when a streamer asks us to clip something or we just want to highlight and share something with chat, but they do take us away from live action by opening in a new tab.

Most of the time…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Google Chrome 70 has support for Picture-in-Picture now which would be nice to have a toggle button for https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/picture-in-picture/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have a Galaxy S8 and it has an 18.5:9 aspect ratio. With apps such as YouTube and Netflix, I have the option to make the video a fullscreen video instead of the standard 16:9 aspect ratio. Unfortunately, Twitch does not allow this. This would not be a problem except for the fact that many devices have OLED screens. Because the 16:9 aspect ratio does not use the full screen, pixels on either side are left turned off. Over time, this leads to reverse burn in and color issues with the screen as the pixels in use will degrade faster…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Watching streams that are not live can be a bit of a pain at times. It’d be nice to feature options such as “jump to” icons like 15 second forward or 15 second backwards. There is also currently a bug whee after pausing a replay stream, the audio cuts out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. With the upcoming feature of local transcoding via OBS, I have a simple request, two fold:

1. Allow the user to still manage custom settings for quality. The mention of "autoconfig wizard" is worrying, since I work hard to do custom encoding settings to make streams look better for my content.

2. Allow high bitrate 1080p streams. 1080p still has issues with 6 Mbps and H264. If we are going to have 1440p or 4K streams that are going to probably push 20-30+ Mbps, it would be great to have an option of a "High Bitrate 1080p" stream. It would be the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would love to be able to minimize/maximize the different channel categories, specifically the Recommended Channels bunch of channels. I'd rather see more of my followed channels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As someone who enjoys watching Twitch streams before bedtime, I've encountered the frustration of waking up hours later, only to find that my battery has run out and a different stream is still running due to a raid.

I wanted a feature that lets me set a timer for the stream to stop playing after a chosen duration, ensuring a peaceful night's sleep without waking up to unintended streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hey Twitch Staff,
    I created something that could completely change YouTube. I created a website called Sivantis.com that is a simple way for streamers to pay content creators for the videos they react to on YouTube I made a 15 minute YouTube video (sorry in advance for the audio) explaining how it works. In this video you will see how it could benefit monetization on Twitch as well.
    Thanks for your time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJGU0WdkJiM

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Role's and Permissions for the Editor Role

access to clips and the edit'r tool to export to youtube

or make a new Role "Content manager"

there can see and edit clips and vod's

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be a great feature to add for the viewers to be able to control the volume at which we can individually hear the streamers separately from the streaming content. While I think it's important that they be able to monetize their streams in the way they see fit, sometimes I just want to watch the content without hearing the streamers. Especially because their volumes are all different and I want the option to control how much of them I hear versus the gameplay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?