Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

180 results found

1. Streams should be able to encode audio into separate audio channels, so that users can independently mix/select audio for each channel. For example, one channel could be music, another could be the streamer's voice, and another for the game/application's audio. In this example, if you were already playing music that you wanted to listen to, you could disable the streamer's music. Or, if you have trouble hearing the streamer's voice, you could turn that up. Or, if you don't want to hear the streamer or music, you could mute them and just listen to the game. I think it would…

972 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If by accident or due to a glitch on the software (happened this last one to me twice), you can restore deleted videos in a short period of time. also adding a confirmation button, just in case of a glitch.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. a check mark box that hides a vod or clip from public, and an option to set that as default, this would give streamer/editor the ability to check a vod or clip before it is publicly viewable. but also leave stuff the way it is for people that don't use it.
    no downside on server, vods won't last longer then they do, and clips are already there until you delete.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Some streamers I know are part of a shared community, so I once had the idea that it would be interesting to have something like a shared studio channel where the end user (viewer) can decide for themselves which of the channels they want to see what on.
    If the streamers are all playing together, the viewer could switch to the channel and see the perspective of the respective streamer. In doing so, viewers would not "refresh", would not miss anything, and would still be connected in the same chat.

From the streamer's side, this would allow them to help…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There's a major issue with how people interact with the clipping system. Clips are meant to be used to share moments of interest with others. That's not how it's being used a majority of the time. A majority of the time it's being used as a rewind button.

This is bad because:
    - it creates more work for streamers to find clips to feature
    - it costs twitch a lot to store that data

This is due to the lack of rewind feature and a common misconception that clips are not public until you name and publish them.

2 proposed…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. bad .20K bits for this in multiple year ??? feed back =not existe in french language. pleas dont do ban = not watch video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. With the upcoming feature of local transcoding via OBS, I have a simple request, two fold:

1. Allow the user to still manage custom settings for quality. The mention of "autoconfig wizard" is worrying, since I work hard to do custom encoding settings to make streams look better for my content.

2. Allow high bitrate 1080p streams. 1080p still has issues with 6 Mbps and H264. If we are going to have 1440p or 4K streams that are going to probably push 20-30+ Mbps, it would be great to have an option of a "High Bitrate 1080p" stream. It would be the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. At the moment we're only able to see the relative timestamp (i.e. "x days ago", "x months ago", etc) when we're viewing a video or clip.

To make it consistent with the experience when browsing videos, add the absolute timestamp of a video/clip when hovering over the relative timestamp just below the player/above the title.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stream snip3r no sniping! Stream snip3r no sniping!

Idea: If there were an easy option to add a video delay easily during any part of the broadcast, it would prevent stream snipers from ruining the fun for everyone.

In the Gaming Category especially it would be awesome if Creators had a way to easily add a +5 second delay.

Reason: Whenever the streamer is being stream sniped it ruins the fun for the viewers. It also makes the streamer understandably frustrated and want to quit live streaming their favorite game.

Creators might only want to game later in the broadcast…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would love to be able to minimize/maximize the different channel categories, specifically the Recommended Channels bunch of channels. I'd rather see more of my followed channels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A Feature Moderators and Editors would find extremely useful is a Functional Chat in Moderator View that would allow all Mods to chat outside of Stream Chat and to allow it to Pop Out like other windows in the UI. As a personal viewpoint, when you have 20 or more Mods in a stream with a very large large amount of viewers, Communication is a real pain using Whispers. This would help stream line and improve workflow and efficiency of Moderators.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As someone who enjoys watching Twitch streams before bedtime, I've encountered the frustration of waking up hours later, only to find that my battery has run out and a different stream is still running due to a raid.

I wanted a feature that lets me set a timer for the stream to stop playing after a chosen duration, ensuring a peaceful night's sleep without waking up to unintended streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hey Twitch Staff,
    I created something that could completely change YouTube. I created a website called Sivantis.com that is a simple way for streamers to pay content creators for the videos they react to on YouTube I made a 15 minute YouTube video (sorry in advance for the audio) explaining how it works. In this video you will see how it could benefit monetization on Twitch as well.
    Thanks for your time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJGU0WdkJiM

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Role's and Permissions for the Editor Role

access to clips and the edit'r tool to export to youtube

or make a new Role "Content manager"

there can see and edit clips and vod's

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can a feature be added to our videos - clips, highlights, past broadcasts - displaying whether or not we have downloaded that video? This would make it very easy to tell whether a video hasn't been downloaded yet and would be useful for anyone using clips or video to post elsewhere.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Ana responded

Love this concept. I have merged in another idea that was specifically asking for visible markers for exported VODs, but I think overall your idea encompasses this. Just letting everyone know.

17. It would be a great feature to add for the viewers to be able to control the volume at which we can individually hear the streamers separately from the streaming content. While I think it's important that they be able to monetize their streams in the way they see fit, sometimes I just want to watch the content without hearing the streamers. Especially because their volumes are all different and I want the option to control how much of them I hear versus the gameplay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I wish viewership wasn’t a public thing. I wish it was something only the streamer/mods could see, if they wanted.

No view counts on any channel. I believe this would provide more discoverability, limit trolls, open up more raiding opportunities and give other viewers the chance to go into channels that they wouldn't normally go to because they have "too many viewers". Plus, sponsors would have to look into how the streamer interacts with their community instead of basing sponsorships solely on viewership. If they want that information, they can always ask AFTER they realize they like your content.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With the upcoming feature of local transcoding via OBS, I have a simple request, two fold:

1. Allow the user to still manage custom settings for quality. The mention of "autoconfig wizard" is worrying, since I work hard to do custom encoding settings to make streams look better for my content.

2. Allow high bitrate 1080p streams. 1080p still has issues with 6 Mbps and H264. If we are going to have 1440p or 4K streams that are going to probably push 20-30+ Mbps, it would be great to have an option of a "High Bitrate 1080p" stream. It would be the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please make it an option to NOT have vods being shown in the channel banner but instead in the MIDDLE of the page. It is annoying having the video obstructing the artwork of the channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?