Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Often, I need to watch past broadcast but it's long to select the channel then search video that I want to watch.
    So I suggest an UX idea about Playlist and save past broadcast or actual live to watch later on my twitch account (smartphone and pc browser).

Thank you twitch, your my TV <3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would love to be able to set viewer permissions on different Video Sections.
    This way we can curate content for the public versus for followers or different sub tiers.
    This adds even more value to channel subs in a Patreon-ish fashion and empowers streamers to move away from platforms like YouTube.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Some creators might not like chat clipping everything as they might take his words out of context, so maybe allow them to make it available to his mods only as he handpicks them so he could trust them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug where clip says something went wrong when trying to publish a clip and then eventually the page goes into a loading bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The clips interface states that you have to title a clip and click publish for it to be visible. However, the clip is created even if you do not click publish and closed the tab.

This results in accidental clips being created any time a user does any of the following accidentally:
    * Returns to the stream and clicks on the "clip" icon
    * Presses Alt+X
    * Attempts to click "Settings" and hits "Clip" instead
    * Attempts to click "Theatre Mode" and hits "Clip" instead

This results in:
    1. Users having junk clips they've made and have to sort though. …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hello, there are an increasing number of video artists using twitch, but no good category to bring them together. Some use 'Art' but tend to get lost in the sea of traditional artists (painters, drawers etc). Some use 'Music' since their video art is often accompanied by music, but again the focus of that category isn't really right for what they're doing.

Most of the video artists I'm aware of are either generating artistic moving video patterns from scratch (like '70s-style psychadelic music videos, but moving far beyond that with modern technologies) or curating, reshaping and modifying pre-existing video (glitch,…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to show “Latency to broadcaster” time in the corner Just like FPS counters in games. It’s a pain to always have to open Video Stats up to make sure I’m not 5sec behind. Also please fix the horrible lag every single time I go to @ someone or use emotes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. How on earth can u allow stramers to sell nudity on Twitch, by taking baths in underwear? Girls begging for donations and support if they show skin? There are Kids watching for christ sake?!!!
    I have sendt inn 2 reports today, pls ban theese streamers , or this will be reported to media ASAP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hay right now there is no obvious way to upload videos to my channel. I can't even find how to do it in the help section. please make it as simple as a publish button on the video producer page so I don't half to jump through hoops trying to find it. by the way, I am still looking for the way to upload video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Twitch offers the ability to export VODs over to YouTube, but as I am finding, the option to "Split the video into 15 minute segments" is not functioning correctly. Especially for post-stream editing, having a 4 hour VOD segmented into 16 quarter hour chunks is far easier to work with. And any desync caused by downloading the stream in one video is completely negated.

Unfortunately, both of my recent streams I exported - with the option to split ticked - only uploaded the full VOD to YouTube, single video, near four hours. And I'm not sure how the splitting process…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The ability to select multiple videos/highlights/VODS from the Video Producer and export them to YouTube all at once.

This will save time and makes things easier for users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Videos playbacks end at the moment the livestream was when you loaded the page. So if you're watching the video of a stream that is still going on and you reach the end of the video, it auto loads the next video event though the one you're watching still has more content if you just reload the page.
    It would be more user friendly if it just reloaded the video with the updated length when you reach the end.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Me encantaría que se pudiera escuchar el stream en modo radio, para oir el stream mientras juegas o haces algo, al igual que en Android

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When streamers get muted in a VOD, it is really difficult to tell what exactly got the audio muted. If streamers could get information on what they got muted for, they could remove it from a playlist so it doesn't happen again in the future. A good example of this is how I was playing music from a supposed non-copyright playlist, but my audio is muted because of 1-2 songs throughout the VOD. I have no way of telling what those songs are and can't remove them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I am Autor of clip.
    How can I know, why my clip is deleted?
    I Editor of channel. I can't see, who deleted my clip and why.
    Streamer can't help me too.

How can I check what happened with my clip?

Please, create an information system for this (for autors, for editors, for streamers).

• If clip is deleted by the Editor of channel — Write this "Removed by Editor" (and not required: editor comment).

• If clip is deleted by the Twitch (Administrator/Moderator/Editor/or another role) — Write this with a reason.

• If clip is deleted by the autonomic system — Write…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. In my twitch livestreams I often play multiple games.
    Afterwards I exported the whole VOD to Youtube and split the content in multiple videos by using the Youtube Video Editor; with that I was able to sort the content according to the game in playlists and categories, because on Youtube one video can only be categorized in one category/game.

Youtube now removed the feature to "split videos to new videos" 😐

"No one used that and you can still easily download, split and reupload the Videos", Youtube says. 🙄
    That is BS, because Download is limited to 720p and Youtube…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 years worth of Twitch clips were deleted. The reason -- Twitch support said THEY RAN OUT OF ROOM!! No warning, no chance to save precious memories. Just POOF.

Give us a warning on clips about how they are stored so we can make sure we SAVE OUR CLIPS. It is completely wrong that company deletes content without a warning, especially things like this.

So please, give us a warning about when clips are scheduled to be deleted, and what criteria you use to decide what clips to delete due to storage limitations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Some of us have websites- eCom stores, information websites, etc. I have a PC hardware review website and would like to wish to integrate it just like Youtube. I wish Twitch had the tools that worked.

Twitch has embed code separately for viewing and chat. But it's rather a general code that has fixed width and height. You'd think a big platform like Twitch would have an official WordPress plugin with a responsive design. Also, plugins have better compatibility with WordPress.

There are plugins for Twitch, but they have long been discontinued. There are so many websites out there that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I just started streaming recently but I have been moderating for streamers for two years. One thing I never understood is out of all the things, why aren't clips search engine indexable? I only have a basic knowledge of WordPress if I have to guess, usually, websites' content is indexed by default unless you make it index. Not trying to be smart, here. But just curious why something so obvious was never done for the benefit of the site and the streamers.

So, why not just enable search engine indexability for clips? Atleast give some ability to be discovered with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Just as the title suggests. Make a search machine that goes through title/game/date or streamer it would be the most useful thing by far and it would help with your site visits because people would come again and again to search for a variety of clips!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?