Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can you pls add a feature which allows to mute the streamers mic local ? Like I wanna see and hear the **** content but some ppl cant be quiet if its needed. would help alot cos in the end nobody cares about the streamer itself. thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. While you are on a live chat, wouldn't it be cool to have a clip that's made only on Twitch be viewed as a mouseover or the clip could take around 5 to 6 rows of chat so it looks big enough? Just my opinion :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Currently, when a whisper window is opened when in theater mode, the window overlaps the stream window option buttons of the stream you are watching, forcing you to close the whisper window in order to use any of the buttons(to exit theater mode, for example).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Theater Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When creating clips after a stream as ended from a vod, if there was more than one game played, the game set for the clip is ALWAYS the first game. This should be pulled from the "Chapter". I don't know how many clips I've made with the wrong game listed. And I can't edit that after the clip has been published.

ADD THIS YESTERDAY TWITCH!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If a clip link is posted in a chat and an user click on it, make the stream minimize to the right corner above the chat like when an add shows, this way the user can both see the clip (or close it) and watch the stream at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I request that the 100 collection limit be removed or raised.

A channel can have an infinite amount of videos uploaded / highlighted / clipped, but can only organise them into 100 playlists. Once you've played 100+ games, you're out of luck.

For variety streamers who play many different games and would like their content to be accessible and organised, this limit has forced alternative options (like off-site re-uploading / messy collection systems).

I would like to keep my community ON Twitch, and I would like ALL content that I've made remain in one place, organised, rather than providing various…

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We are a cognitive neuroscience lab studying how video games can promote improved reading and attentional ability. The goal of our research is to determine what qualities of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability, so that game developers and clinicians can work together to design therapeutic games to help individuals with reading or attentional disorders, such as dyslexia.
    As part of this research we analyse gameplay videos of people playing various video games to determine which characteristics of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability. Your platform is an excellent source of public…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I'm going to create a clip in a channel I follow, however this error occurs and we don't know how to solve it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When a stream lags all viewers wonder if they lost connection, or did stream F. Show a different spinner for each of these cases

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It would be nice if you could see the stream in a little frame when hovering over the streamers channel on the sidebar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently, the only option for transcoding regardless of a streamer's own setup, is to pray you're lucky.

This harms a ton of smaller streamers, viewers, and Twitch Profits alike. It forces streamers to prioritise lower quality, which wards off viewers in more economically sound positions in order to get the viewers required to get noticed by the clearly viewer driven promotion algorithm. This is highly self-contradicting, leading to the only chance for twitch to maximise profit being streamers downprioritising the users that would be the most likely to contribute large amounts.

Opensourcing already existing transcoding service together with something like…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I know that you can edit clips 24 hours after creating them but a really helpful tool would be to be able to edit them always. Especially because you can use 1Min for a clip and a clip by default only uses 30sec

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The ability to raid a fellow streamer and have your cam feed displayed on their channel. Obviously with the raided streamer being notified the the “raider wants to share their cam” which can be accepted or denied or auto set to only allow cam raids from those you know or over a certain number of viewers raiding only visible for a certain amount of time etc. This would be a great benefit to introduce the streamers to not only each other but other viewers too. So much better than the raider being restricted to chat only. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When you start your stream we all know that during peak hours not everyone will get transcoding (720p-460p-360p-160p). As far as I currently understand the rule, you will get transcoding if there is a channel available with partners getting priority. So what I and some others do when we don't get transcoding is to reboot your stream a few times till you get it. This however can sometimes take 4 to 7 reboots.

So if you have to reboot your stream for 4 to 7 times you end up having 4 to 7 vods of 10~20 sec long. Now I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. recording seperate to streaming so that you can get none laggy and good quality videos.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It's known that the pitch-bending of the low latency mode sounds horrible when watching music, but is great for other kinds of streams to keep viewers as close to real-time as possible.

Instead of just "on" or "off", low latency mode could have 3 options: "always off", "always on", or "on unless watching a stream from the music category"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lock clips so you don't accidentally delete them while you are deleting the clips you accidentally made by accidentally clicking the clip icon when trying to go to theatre mode or maximize the player.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sick idea for you Twitch. Could we get a "90 Day" selection when looking at clips. I would love to be able to see recent clips from the past few months instead of having to scroll through "All" of my clips from years back to find recent ones.

This would help creators find their recent content to use other places like in Discord, Twitter, or even making a video for a recruitment challenge a big team is having. Just a thought and I think a lot of creators including myself would love having this option to help them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I'd like to eventually do a live sportscast of live miniature golf, and I would like a frame advance/retreat feature. I know the computer provides the zoom features.

I need to analyze the previous putt if the difference between a double putt and a botched single putt is very big.

Also other live "body sports" and human referred e-sports might need it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a button to the interface labelled "What have I missed?" that when clicked will show a couple of minutes of random video from the current (or previous) live stream so that people who are late to the broadcast can catch up on what has happened before they got into the stream.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?