Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want a collection area where I can save friends clips I liked so that it gets further shared when I pass it along. This way clips get more views and shares long term than just sitting in users libraries like they do now.

Seeing others collections of clips would be cool so that they don't have to share the hundred clips they have saved with funny moments. However, I understand there is probably some security with that.

Also with this Categorizing the way we are able to save would be key, I like what other users have put in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be useful to be able to jump between chapters while paused because I export past broadcast vods to a secondary YouTube channel, and being able to see the timestamp of the chapter marker means I can create chapters on the exported video.

An alternative idea is to automatically include chapter info in the pre-generated description that fills when the description field is empty.
    A hypothetical example:
    0:00:00 PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds
    2:05:31 League of Legends
    4:11:00 Valheim

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Seria bem melhor se as lives pudessem permanecer salvas no site para qualquer um poder entrar para assistir e se gostar se inscrever no canal, o criador de conteúdo deixaria organizado em playlist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For cosole streamers have an option to preview your stream to check camera angle and position, etc before actually streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be amazing if we could change the Category of the clip we're creating, because we sometimes do change it on stream but it doesn't match what the clips are showing
    The only post I've seen about this, is this one https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923368-video-features/suggestions/19823908-allow-us-to-set-the-game-of-the-clip

DATED JULY 2017, c'mon. I guess we're not asking too much

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Put a pause button and a close button on the tablet interface. the only way I can stop the stream is by minimising and swiping the video. Is annoying. Clicking a pause button or a close icon like I can on my PC would be very useful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Seems that the volume control no longer appears on offline streams.

Please readd it

Some people will wait for a streamer to go live, but have the volume "remembered" from a different streamer they watched last night and suddenly get blown out speakers

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When reviewing clips, the mature flag needs to persist so that content from streams that are configured as intended for Mature Audiences continue that flag appropriately into the Clip UI and APIs

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to watch multiple streamers and hear them without the gameplay sounds overlapping so that I have no idea what's happening in any of them. I just want to focus mainly on one, but still hear the other streamers talk.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maybe you could add an option to add multiple categories?

Sometimes, halfway through my stream I'll switch categories because there's nothing left to do, for example, Genshin, and then head over to another game. However, you'd have to head into stream manager and switch the title and the category. Once the stream is over and the video gets uploaded, it places it under only one category.

You could fix this by allowing us to add multiple categories in the stream! Or maybe, you could separate the videos once you switch the game?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like a way to watch multiple streams at the same time, kind of like multitwitch.
    Twitch has gone out of its way to break sites like that so why not do it instead.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As an editor you can go on a past broadcast's page and delete it directly with the options menu, i would like for it to be the same with clips.
    You could even add a specific button to do that exactly how we can download Clips directly right now.

It would be useful when a viewer shares a link to a clip that we want to delete but have no way of finding it in the clip manager with the link.

Screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/to7XESV

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Es werden immer gerne Clips von den Zuschauern erstellt, doch nur selten werden diesen Clips auch eigene Titel gegeben. So hat man sehr oft nach einem Live-Stream sehr viele Clips die alle den gleichen Titel haben, weil dann ja der Titel des Streams übernommen wird. Viele gute Clips gehen dadurch einfach unter, weil man nicht ersehen kann worum es geht.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. There should be at least two audio channels for the viewer.
    So the viewer can decide to switch off background music or game sounds if wanted.

I often have to quit streams because the music game sound is not what I want to hear.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sometimes I'd like to only watch the best parts of a past broadcast. I think this could be achieved by showing "chat volume" or the amount of chat messages sent at every point in time in graph form.

Or maybe some other form of engagement would work, like a high frequency of LULs might indicate funny moments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow for playback speed of .25x-2x or higher speed for past streams similar to YouTube videos. This will help viewers who are short on time and watch more videos in less time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Theatre mode on a portrait monitor should default to putting the chat below the video. This does happen but in order to get it to work the window needs to be expanded past the bounds of the portrait monitor, chat expanded and then fullscreened again. Without doing so Theatre mode does the same thing as fullscreen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hi! I’m new and I’m streaming yoga. I think it would be cool to have a dedicated community for this on twitch. Maybe a yoga category and/or tag option for yoga videos.

I’m happy to hear back from you about this!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When watching a replay of any Esport game, i.e LoL, you can take an educated guess of how many games have been played by the remaining time left. It would feel nice for a viewer to keep the excitement as if he/she was watching it live.

I suggest hiding the time remaining bar on replays.

Just my two cents, cheers
    Jason

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)