Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. "Retro" category streamers playing M Rated games are problematic because their stream doesn't get the "Mature-rated game" content label that gets automatically applied to properly categorized games.

I suggest allowing people to set a game to Mature (instead of it being automatic, and locked out for manual enabling), or setting the Retro Category as a Mature game to capture everything.

The labeling rule should not apply to all categories except Retro.

Or remove the Retro category, but then where would old uncategorized games go (if they exist)?

Am I being crazy?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make the "Paid Promotion" label stay on the Stream's video, or on mouse-over, instead of only when initially viewing the stream. Please. It goes away after a while, even when mousing over the stream's video. I have to refresh the stream to see it again, and it's possible that I don't see it within the short timeframe of entering the stream.

Might also be nice if the Branded Content label showed up before entering the stream, such as in the tags or placed over the stream's thumbnail.

As I believe that the Rerun tool externally marks a stream as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It has become very difficult to find normal clips on the clips page.That's why introducing the featured clips button will be very useful for everyone

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In order to see non-featured clips you now have to scroll through ALL of the featured clips in the channel/category, might not be too bad for some channels, but try to do that top of all time in a popular game category, it's gonna be a looot of scrolling

The toggle is still there in the mobile app though, so looks like someone just forgot to add it to the website, hopefully should be an easy and quick fix...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a viewer, it was always great to see when a clip I had made got featured by the creator or one of their mods who had access to do that. With the newest update, you can now ONLY see what clips are featured if you have the ability to feature them as a moderator/editor/creator as far as I can see. It was very useful to see what types of clips different creators were looking for when one was featured vs another one not featured and that ability has now been removed, or relocated into a hard to find location.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add a simple keyboard shortcut to popout the video player. Shift+F feels natural to me (F alone is for fullscreen) but any other reasonably convenient WASD-area key will do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. the new addition of these shortcuts is great, but it is difficult to understand the function of the key, it would be great if different colors were used instead of black and white
    context: https://i.imgur.com/X7k1Pc7.png

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As someone who enjoys watching Twitch streams before bedtime, I've encountered the frustration of waking up hours later, only to find that my battery has run out and a different stream is still running due to a raid.

I wanted a feature that lets me set a timer for the stream to stop playing after a chosen duration, ensuring a peaceful night's sleep without waking up to unintended streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Featured clips used to have a slider to show/hide featured clips in category view. This switch has been removed. Bring it back.

"Why should you bring it back?" I hear you ask. "People love featured clips".

Well, it's because you've created a scenario where there is a HUGE incentive to only EVER create featured clips, because these will ALWAYS show above any non-featured clip, created in the timeframe you're viewing, which means that (when people figure this out) that ALL clips created (by people wishing to promote their channels) will tend to be created as "featured" clips. When everything is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Let me provide better feedback. Imagine you are being targeted by the owner of the clip because a falling out happened. They can now feature it and track someone's account. They will always be tied to it because the clip can only be deleted/edited by someone with the editing priv.

PLEASE ALLOW THE ABILITY TO REMOVE YOUR NAME AS THE ONE THAT CLIPPED IT. ALLOW IT TO THEN DEFAULT TO THE CHANNEL OWNER, MODERATOR, AND/OR CLIP EDITOR.

I no longer wish to be associated with a team of streamers because they have spread misinformation about me, committed libel/slander against me,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey Twitch Staff,
    I created something that could completely change YouTube. I created a website called Sivantis.com that is a simple way for streamers to pay content creators for the videos they react to on YouTube I made a 15 minute YouTube video (sorry in advance for the audio) explaining how it works. In this video you will see how it could benefit monetization on Twitch as well.
    Thanks for your time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJGU0WdkJiM

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Role's and Permissions for the Editor Role

access to clips and the edit'r tool to export to youtube

or make a new Role "Content manager"

there can see and edit clips and vod's

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Role's and Permissions for the Editor Role

access to clips and the edit'r tool to export to youtube

or make a new Role "Content manager"

there can see and edit clips and vod's

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think it would be more intuitive if the "Filter by" setting defaulted to "All" instead of "Recommended." For the purposes of moderating clipped content this would remove the hassle of always having to switch that drop-down to see all clips, and I believe it would help to avoid situations where users mistakenly think their clips are not being saved if they don't title/publish the clip.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I believe that twitch should have a feature where content creators could upload a playlist to twitch that plays on their stream and users have an option to adjust the content creators volume and the musics volume. I find that when I’m watching a stream streamers often have their music either too loud, too quiet, or it’s just not my type of music. This would cause users to interact more with a stream in which they simply don’t like the music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I love that Twitch have added the feature to share clips directly to Youtube shorts and TikTok!

However, sometimes viewers make clips which aren't always clipped to show the actual highlight.

It would be very nice if we could clip in the editor, where we also choose the frames, so we can catch the highlights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be invaluable if VOD/Clip metadata (Title, description, date and time it was made, author, etc...) was included in the video file created when downloading, as part of the mp4 metadata content.

Alternatively, the download could include a text file containing said metadata.

As a bonus, I also support the idea of including the chat content associated with the video file either as a subtitle (srt) file, or as plain text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be a great feature to add for the viewers to be able to control the volume at which we can individually hear the streamers separately from the streaming content. While I think it's important that they be able to monetize their streams in the way they see fit, sometimes I just want to watch the content without hearing the streamers. Especially because their volumes are all different and I want the option to control how much of them I hear versus the gameplay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. How about listing clips from the VOD that im watching below the video player so it's easier to watch the highlights from that specific vod. Make it so you can sort "Clips from this VOD" instead of just "Top 24H/7D/30D/All" (●__●)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can't make them all the time getting something whent wrong and same on PC and phone, can't contatch support aswell shows something went wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?