Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

710 results found

1. Over the past few years i've been clipping for several channels and I can easily say my experience using the clipping tool gets worse every year.
    First it was just a few minor issues with the tracking bar for the clip not loading in properly which took me months to realise you could refresh it to make it show up, now when I try it it can normally take dozens of tries before it will even show up at all.

These days sometimes the clip won't even load in at all or you will get a bit of audio/visual and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be cool if you can sync the streams. Either from the streamer or viewer.
    If, for example, 4 streamers play something together, you could watch everyone at the same time. Would be a cool novelty, which has never been possible before.
    As an example Amoung Us: You could see where everyone is at the exact time, which would be cool for other moderation games as well.
    If there is a difference of 10-20 seconds between the streams, it is not possible to follow several at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I watch a few streamers, and I've started to try to make clips and edits for them. It would be a really nice addition if the streamer had a selectable option to allow subscribers to download VODs without having to have full Editor access. Editor provides a lot more power than really is required for having someone make clips/edits/highlights/etc but the only current options are give Editor or the person has to sort out some way to record the VOD which doesn't help quality for sure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello,
    I've been using youtube since 2006.But I am not satisfied at all. I'm sick of attacks from troll/bot/spam accounts. My Youtube Channel has received ridiculous penalties many times. And just the other day, a new one was added to it.
    How long will the twitch platform be content with live broadcasts? Isn't it time to upload offline Videos and end the reign of sites like youtube?
    I want to move hundreds of videos on my youtube channel to Twitch platform.
    My expectation from Twitch Developers is to allow video broadcasting on this platform as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Streamers have the option of transmitting their scene and their webcam separately to twitch. so that viewers have the possibility (like the picture in picture function) to move the webcam in order not to miss anything of what is happening

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi, Okay so I've countless and I know other people have countless beyond countless clips they have and want to share with others, but the current hassle is the only way these clips are ever even viewed is if we post it to another social media platform instead of adjusting the clip for the use of twitch and then editing later for other platforms.

The idea is this, its simple really, a clip page section that is next to the browse button. You click this, and it takes you to a total new area of twitch the has top clips…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The lifespans of VODs differ between channels. One channel's vod may be 2-3 months, another 1 month, other being 29 days, or some having just 2 weeks. Best if each VOD on all channels has a deletion counter (how many days or hours before it is deleted). Can this be done? Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Im someone that rly loves if people do clips on stream, but often it happens that people dont give a name to the clip what makes them hard useless if they are all called like the stream they got created in.

I would like to have the possibility to rename clips created by the viewers if they dont give a proper name to it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I highlight all games I play. I have to find out where I started playing it and where I stopped playing it in order to highlight the game part. This can be tedious.

I would love for there to be a feature within the highlight function where you can click on a button that says "Select <game> session". It would then select the part of the VOD where your stream was in a certain game category.

Then all you have to do is adjust it slightly if needed, if that's not needed then you can save the highlight as it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. As an avid clipper in the community I'm in (I've made over 400 clips this year alone), there are a couple of absolutely infuriating bugs I've been dealing with for several years now.

The first issue is a bug where the first 60 seconds of video of the 90 seconds of captured, editable clip footage will completely disappear, and you'll be stuck with only the most recent 30 seconds. This presents itself in a strange way on the clip page, though. The in-video scroller counts the most recent 30 seconds of video captured as the first 30 seconds of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A falta de fazer as reprises sem precisar usar o obs faz uma falta muito grande isso ajuda a galera que não poder acompanhar nossos horarios poder acompanhar nos horarios que a gente avisaria sobre as reprises

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When in theater mode, allow me to toggle visibility of the left 'followed channels' (and 'Recommended Channels' etc) bar.

Alternatively, make the video bigger (so you can't see channel name, title, tags) and allow me to toggle the search bar at the top. In this way, I would be able to have chat, stream and left bar visible, without wasted space by search bar

Currently, there are black bars to the left and right of the video I'm watching, even when chat is open on my ultra-wide monitor. This space could be filled by the bar on the left so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. i think we should be able to do reruns again they are useful and helpful to small streamers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch needs a stripped back youtube-esque library section for creators to upload their stream vods or edited videos. Most creators use youtube to upload their past and current content, however the trend im seeing recently is that most genuine creators are fed up with youtubes algorithms and minority of toxic members spreading hate and hurtful comments. If Twitch could create this idea i think it would revolutionize their platform and they would be able to somewhat compete with youtube for content creation. Thanks for listening to my idea.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When streaming for the first time twitch should ask you if you want to add it as a VOD. If yes then it should bring you to settings so you set it as a VOD after streaming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When reading chat messages on VODs, scrubbing through the vod shows only the chat messages after the point where you scrub to. Would love to have previous chat messages stay while scrubbing through the vod the same way that feature works on desktop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When a bottom of player ad is loaded it makes selecting the source setting unusable as the options are covered by the ad on the oprea gx browser havent checked others

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Many times when watching VODs, you just want to see the highlights without watching the entire thing. This would make it easier to stay up to date on your favorite streamer or get a feel for a streamer you're interested in watching.

An elegant way to be able to do that could be with a histogram on the progress bar based on chat frequency.

A competitor recently implemented histograms on their progress bars based on most watched parts but given that the majority of watch time on Twitch is live and uninterrupted, having it based on chat would be more…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi. How can we block a streaming or video uploaded to Twitch to a single country? Geoblocking. Best Regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?