Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello, there is an idea with a choice of audio streams. In Dota2, commentators muffle the sound. It would be great if there were 2 threads with no commentators. The fact is that you can watch the stream with music. With two audio streams, you could watch the stream accompanied by music.

In the twitch player settings, add a choice of audio streams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When looking at your list of VODs to see which you want to carve up into smaller highlights, currently it lists the original air date and how many days remain before it auto-expires.

However if you are already on the last day before the VOD expires, you may think that there is more time left before it expires than is actually the case.

If we could see the time listed (in your local/set time zone) that the VOD will auto-delete, Or the number of hours/mins on that final day then we could schedule editing time much better!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a search and filter by game in video producer.

Here is a example of what I am looking for as a feature -> https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/677684879986786365/716636928514195516/Video-search.jpg

Reason for Feature request:
    When you have thousands of Highlights, its very difficult to scroll thru the provided section to find certain highlights from years ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. This has probably been thought about already, but why wouldn't you give the end-user the opportunity to decide the layout of the stream? What I mean is providing the end-user with similar options to the content creator. Meaning the user can decide where to place the face cam overlay, or even turn it off. Potentially even enable a second playback browser tab. That way, users have the potential to enjoy the gameplay without having part of the game covered with the content creators face. Or if they want, they can have the creators second camera on full screen in a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. am unable to remove Content Tags from a VOD currently.

How to reproduce
    When trying to remove tags on a VOD, when hitting Save, this error occurs.

Expected behavior
    Content Tags should be removed from the VOD when I hit Save.

Additional context or questions
    Using latest Chrome on MacOS

Cannot see how to attach them, I posted screenshots of the error here:
    https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/421

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. On the event of a Stream restarting or even needing to switch OBS settings, it’d be nice to be able to let Twitch know that “this stream is part of the previous one that ended (within a certain amount of time) ago.” I think twitch has an automatic version of this, but in the oddball case of it marking two back to back streams as separate, it’d be nice to merge them.
    Why? - During stream fails you don’t have to worry about starting a new “record” on your channel; Viewers of VODS won’t have to switch; Stream Schedule Page…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi Twich
    My name is Solji and I am a high school student. I am sending you an email about broadcast safety.
    Why don't you write a warning when you see a scary game or a hateful scene on the show? I look forward to hearing from you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When i do a 12 hours stream, I often get the same questions.
    I would like to be able to send a video like you do with ads but with a custom video for a specific viewer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be helpful for channels especially NON-Affiliates who want to rebroadcast either their past broadcast stream to bring in more people to the channel or even rebroadcast highlighted content. It would expand the viewership of people because sometimes you can have a rerun playing for a different time-zone than when you stream. so if you would allow NON-Affiliated channels to be allowed the rerun feature again

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. To avoid some leak and some troll, I want to selected a list of Twitch users who can see my live broadcast.
    So only those specials users can see it.
    Like a private room in zoom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hello, it would be cool, that you could "save" some videos in a "folder" to watch later.

Let me explain it.

In my experience, before going to bed i search for a VoD, video, clips, etc, to watch on the phone on bed. The problem i find, is that i have to manually type the video on my phone to get the exact video.

My idea, was that you could create a Watch later playlist, with auto queue, similar to the youtube one, i think a lot of people like in my situation would appreciate that.

As i said on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hi there, first things first I don't even know if it is possible and how it could be but, i think it might be nice to have differents channels for the voice of our streamer and the music he used, this way we can set the stream audio like we want. We like a streamer but the music he listen to cause you nightmares at night or simply, you find the music too loud relative to the voice you can up the volume or down the volume like you wish and experience the streams like you want.

Like I said,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I’m working on an SPA where one can watch VODs in sync, as if it was live.

I noticed something weird on several videos: when started at a late position on Auto quality, the videos plays normally for a few seconds, then goes backward exactly when the quality is automatically changed.
    This does not happen by switching qualities manually.

This is not easy to reproduce, as you need to be in Auto quality AND have the first selected quality to be low (e.g. 360p).

Here are the steps I took with relative success to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to this…
    29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. pls fix the twitch clip missing error (it's when you publish a clip and when you get a link that seems like every other clip but than redirects you to https://clips.twitch.tv/clips/clip_missing )

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. So like a watch party where you can logging to amazon prime or Netflix and show you all paid the royalty fee mabey include a thing into twitch were you can only hear the Royalty Music in the stream if you have singed into a platform like amazon music google music or spotify and you be able to hear what every music you payed fees to listen to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This may be more of a question than a suggestion. As I couldn't find much information regarding this...

While watching a live stream, the streamer's audio is out of sync with his/her lips.

I am not referring to when the audio is out of sync by a whole second or more...

I refer to a stream in which the streamer knows what he is doing, and there is nothing wrong with the settings.

It happens basically on all streams, so it seems normal and maybe not all viewers will notice it, but there is definitely a slight out of sync…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be nice if the webplayer would adapt to streams other than 16: 9 aspect ratio. As I stream in a 21: 9 aspect ratio, I have black stripes that look bad and are unnecessary

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. So I've noticed recently that when I start my stream with 'Just Chatting' to hang out with my community for an hour or so, the rest of my clips, even though I'm no longer streaming on Just Chatting and have physically set my game to something else, will stay at Just Chatting. I think we should either be able to set our game, or clips should update in real time with the rest of the game settings for discoverability purposes!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. In the Android client, you can slide the left and right screens to control the volume and brightness respectively.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?