Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

738 results found

1. There are currently whispers that Twitch is planning to remove the rerun feature. I can provide a reasonable case why this feature should remain. I'm sure there are many communities who utilise this feature to come together and watch broadcasts outside of their time-zone, and have seen as much from twitter. I, and many others, view reruns for a different reason. We're a part of Reckful's community, many in our community only interact in chat during the reruns his Editors put on for us from time to time.

Not only do these reruns facilitate us to remember and celebrate the…

298 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi Twitch! it would be awesome if we could pin our favorite clips to our Twitch pages, have tags on clips, and/or make searching for clips a better experience. The current means of searching/sorting clips by 24 hour, 7 day, 30 day or all time is very limiting and doesn't yield optimal search results. Searching for clips on the dashboard is also confusing and not user friendly. Clips are a nice short way for people to experience the channel offline if they don't want to scrub through a VOD.

Yes, channel trailers are great but 60 seconds is limiting. Having…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Streamers love when viewers create clips, because it makes it easy to share small stream highlights without having to look through their entire VOD later. These clips are extremely valuable for streamer growth, and it'd be great to reward viewers for creating great clips!

Also it should be up to the streamer to choose which clips get rewarded, not just every clip.

Moments are halfway there, but those can only be created live by either the streamer or their mods, which only rewards viewers for being there rather than for creating clips.

In addition to this, there are some streamers…

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I request that the 100 collection limit be removed or raised.

A channel can have an infinite amount of videos uploaded / highlighted / clipped, but can only organise them into 100 playlists. Once you've played 100+ games, you're out of luck.

For variety streamers who play many different games and would like their content to be accessible and organised, this limit has forced alternative options (like off-site re-uploading / messy collection systems).

I would like to keep my community ON Twitch, and I would like ALL content that I've made remain in one place, organised, rather than providing various…

275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Recently I lost at a minimum 58 clips from my channel due to the person who created them no longer being part of my community. This included my most popular clip of all time and many other amazing funny moments.

The reason I am mentioning that is to add context for the biggest flaw in the clip creation system. There is no way to recover these at all so these memories are just gone forever.

My susgestion is to change how this works. Take away people's ability to delete clips that they created for another channel either all together or…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Streamers have the option of transmitting their scene and their webcam separately to twitch. so that viewers have the possibility (like the picture in picture function) to move the webcam in order not to miss anything of what is happening

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently when you change categories after starting stream, any clip made will always be categorized under what you started stream at.
    I would love to have a feature added in the video producer where there is a clip section for editing. Or even just the feature to edit the category in the clips section.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello, now, in 2022, there is a huge problem in the asmr category, 70% of streamers began to issue pre-recorded videos for real ones and play them for 40 hours, I think it is forbidden to do this! It became difficult for a real streamer to stream because the category is full of records, please stop streaming the recording and pass them off as a real stream.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There are some inherent severe bugs when it comes to Twitch collections that should get priority to be fixed. I think the reason very few streamers use this feature is because of how broken it is.

⠀1. The default internal links to collections shows an error.

"Sorry. Unless you’ve got a time machine, that content is unavailable." error page which then redirects you to the first video of the collection. Changing the structure of the URL makes this not so, which makes me think its an old oversight/workaround that can easily be repaired.

Examples how to replicate:
    Shows error: https://www.twitch.tv/collections/OIpBrhiazhakWA?filter=collections

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be amazing if you could broadcast directly from your phone using the twitch app into obs so you have your overlays alerts ect. While keeping out 3rd parties like Streamlabs from charging to keep your stream online instead you do that yourself ( I mean actually do it yourself ) using your preferred streaming software. While your connection might be intermittent the stream stays on and maybe has some type of overlay in the background while you're trying to reconnect. I myself really like doing IRL streaming though the only issue with having spotty coverage in some areas…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With larger international audiences, you're likely going to have some people relying on VODs due to time differences or work/life commitments.

I envision a VOD feature where you can see the VOD player and if you click a button you can see bubbles along the progress bar or a graphic which if you click on brings you to other users watching. I imagine you could have two columns or maybe an interspersed chat so that users can decide what they see.
    The benefit is that people can enjoy watching VODs with others in sync. Sense of community.

Not sure if…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello! I would love it if there were a section where you could see Twitch Shorts (1080x1920 content). I would love it if there was also an interface that made it easy to convert clips/sections of the stream to Twitch Shorts. It would also provide another outlet for people on Mobile as they can see their favorite creators' content.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I hate using Twitch because EVERY TIME I load the page, a video starts playing somewhere in the background, muted. I don't know if you're aware, but many users don't have unlimited internet bandwidth, so having a video start playing when I can't even hear it is just wasting my data. PLEASE stop doing this. I would love it if there was an option to disable autoplay entirely, but if that's not in the cards, then at least stop muting the audio! If I go to watch a VOD, I want it HEAR it in addition to seeing it. Forcing…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add functionality to mark clips safe from global delete, and make it persist across sessions. Using the select all box and unchecking individual boxes puts clips in danger first, and if you accidentally leave the page all selections are reset.

I would love to be able to check my clips weekly, select the ones I want to mark safe, then use the delete all button for any I don't want to keep.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I cannot find where to start a rerun now that the new changes have been implemented. The dashboard spot got removed and it's not in the list anymore to re-add it to the dashboard. The only trace of reruns I can find is the new check box in the stream info manager.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to be able to create a clip by passing to a Twitch API the video_id, offset in seconds, duration in seconds, and name of the clip to create.

This should be secured so that only channel owners can, with an OAuth token, create clips on their channel

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When exporting a VOD to YouTube, it is broken up into segments if it is longer than 12 hours. This feature is broken in two ways.

The major issue:
    It does not work. It splits into segments that are of length 12:00:01, which are abandoned by YouTube, and have to be deleted.

The minor issue:
    The naming is wrong. A 2-part export will be named "part 0/2" and "part 1/2."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently, if you have a link to a deleted VOD, there's no way to find who uploaded it. This is very annoying. Say you have an old saved tab with a VOD you were watching. You open it, and it's deleted. You have to guess based on the saved title (if you have it) of the tab who you were watching.

A solution to this issue would be making deleted VOD pages contain the name of or redirect to the channel that uploaded them. Or alternatively just adding an optional (to not break existing links) param to the URL pattern…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've lost enough footage (including world records) because of only having 2 weeks to make a highlight. Having only 1 week just because the stats say that most people don't watch VODs after a week, doesn't justify users requiring prioritizing hours of Twitch highlighting over other deadlines. If users are really only gonna be given a week with a paywall as the only other option, then atleast make the highlighting process faster. Highlighting 100+ streams a month takes many hours due to the default being that only the middle gets highlighted, so you have to manually drag it outward each…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When in theater mode, allow me to toggle visibility of the left 'followed channels' (and 'Recommended Channels' etc) bar.

Alternatively, make the video bigger (so you can't see channel name, title, tags) and allow me to toggle the search bar at the top. In this way, I would be able to have chat, stream and left bar visible, without wasted space by search bar

Currently, there are black bars to the left and right of the video I'm watching, even when chat is open on my ultra-wide monitor. This space could be filled by the bar on the left so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Theater Mode  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?