Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

628 results found

1. You make no effort to tell new streamers that we can save our streams to always be watchable. I just lost an ENTIRE podcast episode over 1 hour long because of your confusing and quite frankly HORRIBLE interface. If there was a way to recover your old streams this wouldn't be an issue, but you make 0 effort to even tell us we can do this or provide a way to recover streams. If you can help me recover it then email me, you have my info. But, as of right now I'm incredibly embarrassed and disappointed because you made…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Eg: I click the clip button while watching a live or previous broadcast
    I reach the clip editor. I leave the default clip length and click around the little yellow bar in the clip video itself. At some point I can no longer un-pause the clip and instead have to generate a NEW clip and start all over. If it helps I use "K" on the keyboard to pause/un-pause

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There's a major issue with how people interact with the clipping system. Clips are meant to be used to share moments of interest with others. That's not how it's being used a majority of the time. A majority of the time it's being used as a rewind button.

This is bad because:
    - it creates more work for streamers to find clips to feature
    - it costs twitch a lot to store that data

This is due to the lack of rewind feature and a common misconception that clips are not public until you name and publish them.

2 proposed…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add a simple keyboard shortcut to popout the video player. Shift+F feels natural to me (F alone is for fullscreen) but any other reasonably convenient WASD-area key will do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I sometimes wish to stay updated with the channels I follow while I'm in theatre mode, which requires me to exit theatre mode. This is just a small annoyance which also get's rid of my immersion.

Yes, I can use hotkeys to quickly switch but that doesn't always work due to the Alt key requirement, besides most people use Alt for other things.

Suggestion: show the following icons/or bar when hovering over the left side of the screen. Sync the timing with the title and buttons on the bottom that show when you move your mouse on screen. I'd suggest…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. bad .20K bits for this in multiple year ??? feed back =not existe in french language. pleas dont do ban = not watch video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's been behaving like this for about a week or two now.

I'll make a highlight with a very specific length and when I play it back it's longer than it should be

eg:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1941262145

When I created this I used 1:19:47-1:20:38 from the source broadcast, or 51 seconds long

Yet the final video plays beyond the 51 second mark and ends up being 59 seconds somehow!?

See also, mark a chunk, have a cut and mark another chunk. The finished product has no cuts for some reason?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I do not know where to post the problem of the videos content, so I pose it here.
    Without age limit mark, some streamers directly use hateful speech and bad language or play voilent game in their stream. I don't feel comfortable with this. I love stream but this voilence problem keeps me away from Twitch. I know most of streamers follow this rule, but I still have to found these problem steams when I choose the live stream I like.
    Pleae give us cleaner stream environment without violence. Youtube does it well. Why can't Twitch?
    Thank you very much!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use the Highlighter to trim my VODs. Highlights are then added to themed Collections on Twitch, and are also exported to YouTube. Today is 1st October, and within the last week I have noticed a frustrating inconsistency between the Highlight video playback on Twitch and the version exported to YouTube. Highlights I’ve created before 19th September are not affected.

In summary.
    A Highlight video is made with single or multiple segments based on the VOD timecodes. The authored Highlight video in the Twitch video player does not play the segments at the timecodes set in the editor, instead each…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please change the default key bind for toggling the theater mode to t.

Currently the default key bind is alt + t. This leads to some issues:

• alt also toggles a feature of Firefox
    • Inconsistency to the youtube player, which uses just t

This would make the theater mode also quicker to toggle, since only one key is needed

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. With the upcoming feature of local transcoding via OBS, I have a simple request, two fold:

1. Allow the user to still manage custom settings for quality. The mention of "autoconfig wizard" is worrying, since I work hard to do custom encoding settings to make streams look better for my content.

2. Allow high bitrate 1080p streams. 1080p still has issues with 6 Mbps and H264. If we are going to have 1440p or 4K streams that are going to probably push 20-30+ Mbps, it would be great to have an option of a "High Bitrate 1080p" stream. It would be the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. At the moment we're only able to see the relative timestamp (i.e. "x days ago", "x months ago", etc) when we're viewing a video or clip.

To make it consistent with the experience when browsing videos, add the absolute timestamp of a video/clip when hovering over the relative timestamp just below the player/above the title.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dear Twitch Support,

I've discovered a potential privacy issue where unpublished VODs are accessible through Incognito mode (or when logged out) by directly accessing the URL: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/{id}.

I encountered a few instances where VODs, presumably unpublished by their creators (as indicated by deactivated clips and their absence in the "Past Broadcasts" section), were still accessible. It's important to note that deleted VODs do not present this issue; attempting to access a deleted VOD redirects to the "time machine" page, as expected.

This situation suggests that unpublished VODs are not being fully restricted from public access under certain conditions. For…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello to everyone who read that :)

Me and a lot of friends take a lot of time watching stream together with screen sharing on discord.
    I know Spotify are able to detect Discord mic activity to stop playing music if it detect you share your listening on vocal, it would not be possible to make the same type of link, to count 4 viewers when i watch a stream with 3 friends ?

Thank you !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Video Player  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stream snip3r no sniping! Stream snip3r no sniping!

Idea: If there were an easy option to add a video delay easily during any part of the broadcast, it would prevent stream snipers from ruining the fun for everyone.

In the Gaming Category especially it would be awesome if Creators had a way to easily add a +5 second delay.

Reason: Whenever the streamer is being stream sniped it ruins the fun for the viewers. It also makes the streamer understandably frustrated and want to quit live streaming their favorite game.

Creators might only want to game later in the broadcast…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Poder recuperar clips que hemos eliminado erróneamente

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would love to be able to minimize/maximize the different channel categories, specifically the Recommended Channels bunch of channels. I'd rather see more of my followed channels.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This is a known community bug.
    Twitch was supposed to show the right chapter when choosing the live chapter.
    https://i.imgur.com/KPJAB0R.png
    This hinders the creation of clips related to the specific game you are playing.
    That's why many lives, the clip isn't right.
    In the case of this example, the game was supposed to appear sonic and "games + demo" appeared, even when the clipping was created.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2075596680?t=0h46m57s
    https://i.imgur.com/ZRUFVxl.png

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrightNurturingGazelleThunBeast-592mb2SzmLWOW24-
    https://i.imgur.com/nqR7dsJ.png

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am an Editor for some broadcasters and whenever I create a clip on their channel, by default the "Feature this clip" checkbox is checked. This is a very weird default to me (Featured clips should be more of a rarity than a common thing you want to do all the time) and I've featured multiple clips by mistake because I forgot to uncheck it. Please uncheck this box by default or allow us to do so through a setting in our account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be invaluable if VOD/Clip metadata (Title, description, date and time it was made, author, etc...) was included in the video file created when downloading, as part of the mp4 metadata content.

Alternatively, the download could include a text file containing said metadata.

As a bonus, I also support the idea of including the chat content associated with the video file either as a subtitle (srt) file, or as plain text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?