Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. When this occurs and I try logging out and logging in again I get stuck on the login screen to the message "Browser not supported" on both Firefox and Google Chrome (which are both supported browsers) until waiting another day or so to login again. Staying logged in on the same session I get restricted use of the site and is unable to create new clips or highlight VODs until waiting a certain period of time.

There is something severely wrong with Twitch website causing this to occur. I can only guess that this is a rate limiting feature that…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There are currently whispers that Twitch is planning to remove the rerun feature. I can provide a reasonable case why this feature should remain. I'm sure there are many communities who utilise this feature to come together and watch broadcasts outside of their time-zone, and have seen as much from twitter. I, and many others, view reruns for a different reason. We're a part of Reckful's community, many in our community only interact in chat during the reruns his Editors put on for us from time to time.

Not only do these reruns facilitate us to remember and celebrate the…

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Description: Sometimes the buttons on the player, pause, mute, etc. are unable to be clicked on.

I've noticed this problem mainly while having a stream playing in another tab and tabbing back into it. e.g. have multiple streams open for events/tournaments. Have had it happen on multiple PC's

When this occurs I can still use 'Space' to pause the stream but I have to refresh the page to use the other buttons.

Repro: I'm not sure on exact repro steps, just keep a stream open in another tab, muted and check on it every now and then
    Conditions: I'm using…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Occasionally, I will be watching a stream live and I need to leave before the end. I will then pull up the vod the next day but the length of the vod is somewhat of a spoiler. I am suggesting a feature that hides the total vod length behind a spoiler toggle. If the toggle is off the true time of the vod is displayed, otherwise it will obfuscate the true length and show the current play time as "latest" or 0:00 like a livestream.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I wish there was a way to change when your clips start and ends so you can pin point the exact thing you were trying to clip to share. Example: wanted to clip a moment in Elden Ring and instead ended up with a 30 second clip when I needed a 10 to 15 second clip.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Featured clips used to have a slider to show/hide featured clips in category view. This switch has been removed. Bring it back.

"Why should you bring it back?" I hear you ask. "People love featured clips".

Well, it's because you've created a scenario where there is a HUGE incentive to only EVER create featured clips, because these will ALWAYS show above any non-featured clip, created in the timeframe you're viewing, which means that (when people figure this out) that ALL clips created (by people wishing to promote their channels) will tend to be created as "featured" clips. When everything is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Let me provide better feedback. Imagine you are being targeted by the owner of the clip because a falling out happened. They can now feature it and track someone's account. They will always be tied to it because the clip can only be deleted/edited by someone with the editing priv.

PLEASE ALLOW THE ABILITY TO REMOVE YOUR NAME AS THE ONE THAT CLIPPED IT. ALLOW IT TO THEN DEFAULT TO THE CHANNEL OWNER, MODERATOR, AND/OR CLIP EDITOR.

I no longer wish to be associated with a team of streamers because they have spread misinformation about me, committed libel/slander against me,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Right now, when you click the username of the person who created a clip in the "clips of your channel" overview, it links to that person's own clips page on their channel. These users often aren't streamers, and either way it's not particularly relevant to go to clips of another channel when reviewing your own channel's clips. Instead, I propose that clicking the user name should bring up the user card for that person, so you can confirm if they are following you or their previous chat history, which is much more relevant information if you need to check if…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It is either unclear or not possible to remove a clip from the "Featured Clips" aside from deleting the clip. Allow users an easy way to un-feature clips.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

10. After viewing a clip, the next suggested clip will be the most viewed clip in that category. In the Art category, this usually means being suggested a pretty spicy thumbnail whether or not you have watched a clip from a spicy channel. With the latest TOS update this suggested clips feature has further made sharing clips from the Twitch link inaccessible to more "family friendly" art streams.

I was wondering if Twitch could utilize stream tags to divert suggested clip content to each side of the art category- this way the clip fits the audience better. Example: if a stream has a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In order to see non-featured clips you now have to scroll through ALL of the featured clips in the channel/category, might not be too bad for some channels, but try to do that top of all time in a popular game category, it's gonna be a looot of scrolling

The toggle is still there in the mobile app though, so looks like someone just forgot to add it to the website, hopefully should be an easy and quick fix...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As a viewer, it was always great to see when a clip I had made got featured by the creator or one of their mods who had access to do that. With the newest update, you can now ONLY see what clips are featured if you have the ability to feature them as a moderator/editor/creator as far as I can see. It was very useful to see what types of clips different creators were looking for when one was featured vs another one not featured and that ability has now been removed, or relocated into a hard to find location.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The clip editing system is sensational. It saves time and also money, as there are websites that require you to pay to do this service.
    But I believe there are still some "simple" tools that will help a lot.
    - Cut the clip. There are some clips that you are not interested in at the beginning or end of it, but there is no trim option. With that in mind, the cutting tool would be interesting, which allows you to cut the video timeline and edit it however you want (only in the clip, obviously).
    - Option to customize my…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It should be possible for a streamer to break the vod/start a new vod without restarting the stream.

We might need to delete the start of a stream but leave the rest of the video being recorded to

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think it would be more intuitive if the "Filter by" setting defaulted to "All" instead of "Recommended." For the purposes of moderating clipped content this would remove the hassle of always having to switch that drop-down to see all clips, and I believe it would help to avoid situations where users mistakenly think their clips are not being saved if they don't title/publish the clip.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Now that the featured clips have gone live people are now going to random streams and spamming clips in random moments in vods. I was hoping that maybe there'd be a way to delete all clips from certain users on your channel. Like an option by their name when you click on the clip that says "delete all clips from this user." It would make things a lot easier than having to go through and select them all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I propose that mute be continuously displayed prominently (not superimposed), and that all volume below 100% be displayed prominently when first tuning into each stream.

Multiple times, I've complained to streamers that their mic volume was low or even muted when my own volume was at fault. My interruptions have broken streamers' flow and attention, and in one case even caused them to redline/clip their mic!

When the volume starts out low I'll adjust my own volume, even past normal, then sometimes deal with (or complain about) substandard audio quality.

Also, I'll often mute a DJ to check out a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some streamers I know are part of a shared community, so I once had the idea that it would be interesting to have something like a shared studio channel where the end user (viewer) can decide for themselves which of the channels they want to see what on.
    If the streamers are all playing together, the viewer could switch to the channel and see the perspective of the respective streamer. In doing so, viewers would not "refresh", would not miss anything, and would still be connected in the same chat.

From the streamer's side, this would allow them to help…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've been using Twitch since 2018 and clipping has always been a bit glitchy. Recently something new has happened which makes the feature really difficult to use conveniently.

I'm getting these error messages on the daily that tend to last for an hour after attempting to create clips.

In the Clip creator after selecting the time to create the clip:
    "Whoops. Something went wrong."

Then when attempting to delete the clip that didn't get clipped correctly:
    "There was a problem deleting this clip."

This happens independently in both Chrome and Firefox and it doesn't seem to matter which streamer it…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?