Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

641 results found

1. Recently I lost at a minimum 58 clips from my channel due to the person who created them no longer being part of my community. This included my most popular clip of all time and many other amazing funny moments.

The reason I am mentioning that is to add context for the biggest flaw in the clip creation system. There is no way to recover these at all so these memories are just gone forever.

My susgestion is to change how this works. Take away people's ability to delete clips that they created for another channel either all together or…

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. New NVIDIA graphics cards now support the new AV1 codec, add streaming support in AV1, since you don't want to increase the bitrate, at least add a new codec that will improve the quality stream at the same bitrate!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Auto-generated subtitles for every stream a-la Youtube auto-generated ones

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Streamers have the option of transmitting their scene and their webcam separately to twitch. so that viewers have the possibility (like the picture in picture function) to move the webcam in order not to miss anything of what is happening

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. click stream to pause, as it always has been everywhere.
    one click = pause/play
    two click = fullscreen

its incredible that i can click on screen of stream and it doesnt pause. who undoes one of the most basic functions of videos that has been a standard for around 15 years or more
    let me klick the screen to pause ffs

also auto mute ads obviously

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently the format for URLs of clips are as following:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/WordWordWordWordWord-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This doesn't show which channel the clip is on, and it causes issues when you want to filter URLs on your stream.

I want to filter URLs, except URLs to my content. That is currently not possible for Twitch-clips.

I suggest a new format of the following:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/Username/...

This way I could allow all links that are "twitch.tv/ponponthebonbon" and reject all other links.

And if this change would be applied, I would also not mind it if the five words were removed. They make links long and unwieldy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Editors can't help with editing videos if they can't view them.

Greeted by this message instead: "This exclusive subscriber content didn't load properly. Please refresh and try again."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When switching to theatre mode the chat goes into dark mode, I'd like an option to opt out of this because that strains my eyes to the point where I'd rather not watch the stream at all.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be amazing if you could broadcast directly from your phone using the twitch app into obs so you have your overlays alerts ect. While keeping out 3rd parties like Streamlabs from charging to keep your stream online instead you do that yourself ( I mean actually do it yourself ) using your preferred streaming software. While your connection might be intermittent the stream stays on and maybe has some type of overlay in the background while you're trying to reconnect. I myself really like doing IRL streaming though the only issue with having spotty coverage in some areas…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Channel editors should be able to access the clip editor especially since the improvement of the system and the possibility of putting the video in vertical

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently there is nothing to delete a clip from the clip page (twitch.tv/clip/###) for editors of the channel

So, actualy, if you want to delete it, you have to look at the sometimes approximate creation date and scroll in the dashboard's page of clips.

When you have to delete a clip several months old on a big channel, it's a waste of time, it would take days to scroll and the page crash (RAM full) long before reaching the dates...
    And it cost you alot of ressources while we doomscroll and load thousand of clips to reach only one of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The clip editor has helped save some time, mostly with formatting, but I feel that it lacks some crucial factors. like some, I add custom graphics to the clips, one being a animated pop up of my channel name that I had created in after effects, its simple and that's all I add, with the occasional subtitle.

currently as it stands, the formatting and instant upload to YouTube are the pros, but not being able to go further is what is currently holding this feature back from being even more useful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I've just cancelled my last remaining Twitch subscription due to today's rollout of your mechanism to defeat tools like streamlink from working. In short, Twitch now requires an integrity check to pass for the playback of a stream, which can only be passed by web browser JS engines. Tools like streamlink which allowed viewing streams in native video players are blocked by this.

There are a lot of excuses people can make on behalf of Twitch as to why they're doing this (and no, not because of viewbotting, that doesn't need to play back the video), but none of this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When exporting a VOD to YouTube, it is broken up into segments if it is longer than 12 hours. This feature is broken in two ways.

The major issue:
    It does not work. It splits into segments that are of length 12:00:01, which are abandoned by YouTube, and have to be deleted.

The minor issue:
    The naming is wrong. A 2-part export will be named "part 0/2" and "part 1/2."

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is the msg from the page i got after 5 minutes of refreshing and waiting for it to load with nothing open in the background not even twitch.
    "Well this is awkward… Something went wrong.

Refresh the stream and try again, or tell us what happened."

https://clips.twitch.tv/clips/500

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. example: https://i.imgur.com/o3Fiwei.png

Adding a sound waveform to the highlight tool would allow streamers to quickly find quieter moments of stream to edit out. This can let streamers make highlights more efficiently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Highlights  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello, now, in 2022, there is a huge problem in the asmr category, 70% of streamers began to issue pre-recorded videos for real ones and play them for 40 hours, I think it is forbidden to do this! It became difficult for a real streamer to stream because the category is full of records, please stop streaming the recording and pass them off as a real stream.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As an editor and channel manager, it would be extremely convenient to be able to edit Clip Titles from the Clip Manager page. As an editor, I click the "clip that" button from the Creator Dashboard extremely often. It would be so useful to be able to edit the clip titles after-the-fact, because as of now creating a clip on the fly automatically sets the title as the stream title. As you can imagine, going through 20 clips with the exact same title is time consuming.

Not only would it help as an editor, but it would also help with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As a channel manager, do you mean streamer? If not, I definitely see the need for what you are suggesting. I want to leave your feedback on its own for further consideration (from the editor perspective), but I do have two ideas for you that I think might be worth supporting that also address the different issues you have highlighted:

- https://twitch.uservoice.com/redirect/suggestions/40125406

- http://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/923368/suggestions/33356122

Thanks for your feedback!

19. Edit clips for vertical video formats and share to social media tiktok and reels (facebook and instagram)

I noticed that this feature was included but only for youtube Shorts, but this integration for tiktok and reels from Facebook/instagram would be great

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I have a 720p stream open on my 1080p monitor, the Display Resolution is 1530x777. This slight bit of scaling can cause a noticeable amount of blur on the stream, most noticeable with small text on the stream.

I am requesting an option where the display resolution would match the stream quality, and just center the actual player in the available player area. If one resizes the browser window smaller then the edges of the display resolution, the edges of the stream would just get pushed under the UI and go offscreen. Plus, I would hope that not dynamically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?