Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I request that the 100 collection limit be removed or raised.

A channel can have an infinite amount of videos uploaded / highlighted / clipped, but can only organise them into 100 playlists. Once you've played 100+ games, you're out of luck.

For variety streamers who play many different games and would like their content to be accessible and organised, this limit has forced alternative options (like off-site re-uploading / messy collection systems).

I would like to keep my community ON Twitch, and I would like ALL content that I've made remain in one place, organised, rather than providing various…

232 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Collections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Basically add an option to get clips based on your game interests as a neverending feed, similar to the TikTok For You page or Instagram Explore tab.

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Currently, the only option for transcoding regardless of a streamer's own setup, is to pray you're lucky.

This harms a ton of smaller streamers, viewers, and Twitch Profits alike. It forces streamers to prioritise lower quality, which wards off viewers in more economically sound positions in order to get the viewers required to get noticed by the clearly viewer driven promotion algorithm. This is highly self-contradicting, leading to the only chance for twitch to maximise profit being streamers downprioritising the users that would be the most likely to contribute large amounts.

Opensourcing already existing transcoding service together with something like…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allowing a better place for clips to be discovered would make 1. A better place for streamers to get discovered 2. Keep people interested in the streamers they love even when there not live

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I’m working on an SPA where one can watch VODs in sync, as if it was live.

I noticed something weird on several videos: when started at a late position on Auto quality, the videos plays normally for a few seconds, then goes backward exactly when the quality is automatically changed.
    This does not happen by switching qualities manually.

This is not easy to reproduce, as you need to be in Auto quality AND have the first selected quality to be low (e.g. 360p).

Here are the steps I took with relative success to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to this…
    29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Currently when exporting a VOD to YouTube you can export it as a single file or split it into 15 minute segments if you YouTube isn't verified. What I am requesting is that an additional option is added to split the export into 12 hour segments since this is the maximum that YouTube will accept.

The reason I would like this is that any of my streams that are over 12 hours are unable to be added to my YouTube unless I split them into 15 minute segments but this just doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure I'm not the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. As an editor you can go on a past broadcast's page and delete it directly with the options menu, i would like for it to be the same with clips.
    You could even add a specific button to do that exactly how we can download Clips directly right now.

It would be useful when a viewer shares a link to a clip that we want to delete but have no way of finding it in the clip manager with the link.

Screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/to7XESV

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sick idea for you Twitch. Could we get a "90 Day" selection when looking at clips. I would love to be able to see recent clips from the past few months instead of having to scroll through "All" of my clips from years back to find recent ones.

This would help creators find their recent content to use other places like in Discord, Twitter, or even making a video for a recruitment challenge a big team is having. Just a thought and I think a lot of creators including myself would love having this option to help them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a button to the interface labelled "What have I missed?" that when clicked will show a couple of minutes of random video from the current (or previous) live stream so that people who are late to the broadcast can catch up on what has happened before they got into the stream.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a playback rate shortcut, like Youtube.

For example, when you go to a Youtube video and press: "SHIFT + >", the playback rate increases, and when you press: "SHIFT + <", the playback rate decreases.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The dashboard tells me that markdown is supported for a VOD, and when I type in a plain text URL into the description the editor silently converts it to hyperlink markdown when I save the changes to the description.

When I view the video, the description contains raw markdown, and markdown such as double-space for line breaks is ignored, as well as the automatically-generated URL markdown. It looks REALLY bad to users, and markdown definitely is NOT supported despite what the portal is telling me.

Since markdown does not appear to be supported, you should also not force plaintext URLs…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In this most recent age the unpublish feature is really helpful but in order to clip, highlight and even watch the VOD you have to publish it first. Which defeats the purpose

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. If users exit the clip editor without selecting "Publish", a clip with the stream title is still saved. These clips create clutter and detract from browsing all channel clips. Ideally these unintended clips should not be saved/posted.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. right now we can clip from vods that are unpublished , it would be nice to be able to clip something from an unpublish vod so that way we dont have to publish the whole broad cast again , clip something from it then unpublish it again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Seems that the volume control no longer appears on offline streams.

Please readd it

Some people will wait for a streamer to go live, but have the volume "remembered" from a different streamer they watched last night and suddenly get blown out speakers

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When reviewing clips, the mature flag needs to persist so that content from streams that are configured as intended for Mature Audiences continue that flag appropriately into the Clip UI and APIs

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If you click the Clip button and then close the page, the clip will still publish. This causes thousands of clips to be published accidentally.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I would like the old feature of chatting during VOD's, and to distinguish between live chat and VOD chat should be a unique identifier within the logged LIVE chat. This is a way to have people who may be currently simultaneously watching the VOD and have a way to chat along with other VOD viewers. -DaveTheTech <3 JaboodyShow is the best community and show on Twitch!! <3 <3 <3

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. On PC and mobile devices the speed option are already enable. I would suggest to add that same feature to the Twitch AppleTV app.

I'd be glad to see this option please. Thank you very much in advance. Regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix keyboard shortcuts in the player

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?