Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If a clip link is posted in a chat and an user click on it, make the stream minimize to the right corner above the chat like when an add shows, this way the user can both see the clip (or close it) and watch the stream at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pressing , or . will go back 1 frame or forward 1 frame just like on youtube. Sometimes I want to see how many frames it took for someone to kill the streamer I'm watching on Valorant for example.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I love playing back recent broadcasts from music streamers and want to "like" them so I know and they know that their broadcast was viewed and enjoyed. I'm already following them, but giving kudos for a recent broadcast would be really nice to have.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We are a cognitive neuroscience lab studying how video games can promote improved reading and attentional ability. The goal of our research is to determine what qualities of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability, so that game developers and clinicians can work together to design therapeutic games to help individuals with reading or attentional disorders, such as dyslexia.
    As part of this research we analyse gameplay videos of people playing various video games to determine which characteristics of video games are most beneficial to reading and attentional ability. Your platform is an excellent source of public…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Often, I need to watch past broadcast but it's long to select the channel then search video that I want to watch.
    So I suggest an UX idea about Playlist and save past broadcast or actual live to watch later on my twitch account (smartphone and pc browser).

Thank you twitch, your my TV <3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VODs (past broadcasts)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It would be nice if the webplayer would adapt to streams other than 16: 9 aspect ratio. As I stream in a 21: 9 aspect ratio, I have black stripes that look bad and are unnecessary

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. So I've noticed recently that when I start my stream with 'Just Chatting' to hang out with my community for an hour or so, the rest of my clips, even though I'm no longer streaming on Just Chatting and have physically set my game to something else, will stay at Just Chatting. I think we should either be able to set our game, or clips should update in real time with the rest of the game settings for discoverability purposes!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Live vs Reruns

i think it should be made cleared when a chanel is on a rerun, it shouldn't say "LIVE"
    A way that i think they could help new streamers, or lew viewercount streamers overall is to have two subcategories, Live and Reruns.
    this would let streamers that are live have a chance to grow.

on the asmr category it's getting out of hands the amount of reruns, youtubecompilations and bots. and we can't do anything about it too. i've reported multiple channels but they are still there, even getting into front page. it's sad to see how the…

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Some creators might not like chat clipping everything as they might take his words out of context, so maybe allow them to make it available to his mods only as he handpicks them so he could trust them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug where clip says something went wrong when trying to publish a clip and then eventually the page goes into a loading bug

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want a collection area where I can save friends clips I liked so that it gets further shared when I pass it along. This way clips get more views and shares long term than just sitting in users libraries like they do now.

Seeing others collections of clips would be cool so that they don't have to share the hundred clips they have saved with funny moments. However, I understand there is probably some security with that.

Also with this Categorizing the way we are able to save would be key, I like what other users have put in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be nice if you could see the stream in a little frame when hovering over the streamers channel on the sidebar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I know that you can edit clips 24 hours after creating them but a really helpful tool would be to be able to edit them always. Especially because you can use 1Min for a clip and a clip by default only uses 30sec

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The ability to raid a fellow streamer and have your cam feed displayed on their channel. Obviously with the raided streamer being notified the the “raider wants to share their cam” which can be accepted or denied or auto set to only allow cam raids from those you know or over a certain number of viewers raiding only visible for a certain amount of time etc. This would be a great benefit to introduce the streamers to not only each other but other viewers too. So much better than the raider being restricted to chat only. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to show “Latency to broadcaster” time in the corner Just like FPS counters in games. It’s a pain to always have to open Video Stats up to make sure I’m not 5sec behind. Also please fix the horrible lag every single time I go to @ someone or use emotes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. recording seperate to streaming so that you can get none laggy and good quality videos.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ever since they removed low Latency mode, my delay has more than doubled on all browsers. Please bring it back

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. It's known that the pitch-bending of the low latency mode sounds horrible when watching music, but is great for other kinds of streams to keep viewers as close to real-time as possible.

Instead of just "on" or "off", low latency mode could have 3 options: "always off", "always on", or "on unless watching a stream from the music category"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock clips so you don't accidentally delete them while you are deleting the clips you accidentally made by accidentally clicking the clip icon when trying to go to theatre mode or maximize the player.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I just started streaming recently but I have been moderating for streamers for two years. One thing I never understood is out of all the things, why aren't clips search engine indexable? I only have a basic knowledge of WordPress if I have to guess, usually, websites' content is indexed by default unless you make it index. Not trying to be smart, here. But just curious why something so obvious was never done for the benefit of the site and the streamers.

So, why not just enable search engine indexability for clips? Atleast give some ability to be discovered with…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?