Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

629 results found

1. I think as with all video uploading sites, Twitch could benefit from likes, dislikes or maybe the old five star rating system. Something to help see what people like and don't like.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Me and alot of streamers know the struggles behind streaming. Possible disconnections, power outages, Crashes etc. And whenever we restart a stream, we know that another VOD is created for that stream.

I kindly ask for a feature that allows streamers to select multiple vods and have an option to MERGE them into 1 singular VOD. This would make it so much easier and make streamers page's look so much cleaner.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For now, the video section of a channel only highlight the latest ones or show them all depending on some filters.

What about having a search engine? In my case, I'm syncing over 1700 videos from a Youtube channel et on the frontend or backend of the channel there's no way to search for a specific video to, for example, modify things, check stats, etc.

Thanks for your attention

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In this most recent age the unpublish feature is really helpful but in order to clip, highlight and even watch the VOD you have to publish it first. Which defeats the purpose

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be really nice if you could rewind a stream up to the point it started. You could make this a feature only usable with streams that have their vods saved, as it could just access the vod and rewind, then you could fast forward all the way back up the live point. I believe youtube has a feature exactly like this for their live streams, though I prefer twitch, this feature makes watching streams on youtube very appealing.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please create a way that any user can curate their own playlist of favourite clips. Currently, people only have access to a list of clips they've personally made in their dashboard, but it would be great to be able to add clips across many channels to a single playlist regardless of who created them. Many people already do this off-site anyway, and clips that you haven't personally created are difficult to find. It would be great to see a way for people to bring all their favourite moments to one convenient place.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

7. Sometimes subscribers aren't fast enough to clip a live stream; currently subscribers cannot clip from VODS on channels that have enabled sub-only archives.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sometimes there's no point in creating highlights because other people have already created awesome clips. It would be really nice to be able to add clips to collections, so relevant videos, whether highlight or clip, can be viewed together.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. This may have an opt in feature or moderate clips you are tagged in before allowing the tag so as not to be flooded by clips you aren't in or don't want on your channel or to be tagged in.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. At the moment we're only able to see the relative timestamp (i.e. "x days ago", "x months ago", etc) when we're viewing a video or clip.

To make it consistent with the experience when browsing videos, add the absolute timestamp of a video/clip when hovering over the relative timestamp just below the player/above the title.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sometimes we need to edit our videos before publishing it such as cut or add some scenes. But right now our only option is to upload after edited. An editor such as the one that YouTube uses will be great. We will be able to add background music, CC, subtitles, transition and things like that. And also community contribution of CC and subtitles too.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Exporting previous broadcasts and highlighted VODs have been broken for 2 days for editors.

The streamer themselves can export just fine, however the editor role gives a 403 error message with a blank white page and a followed error message that the channel is not connected to YouTube.

I've tested and replicated the bug on my channel and others where I have editor role and made sure that the channels are connected to YouTube. Refreshing the connection by disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't seem to repair the problem.

Screenshot of the error: https://imgur.com/a/y0iDB8Y

Best regards
    Cragsand

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Right now, the only ways of notifying your followers of an upload are through e-mail and channel feed. Not everyone wants to spam their followers e-mails (potentially causing them to drift away) and not everybody uses channel feed. There should be a proper dashboard that displays all the videos that have been recently uploaded from the broadcasters you follow, and only uploads. Currently, if you go to a channels videos, you have to specifically filter for "uploads," otherwise they're lost in the sea of 100's of VOD's and highlights. In this dashboard, there should also be discovery mechanisms. IE: Popular…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can we please list pre-recorded content as re runs, or create a new catagory as it's wrong to list is as Live, it's doing a diservice to the streamers who make the effort to sit in front of their PC's broadcasting live content and it's killing their channels, especially the ASMR catagory.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Reruns  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Place the clip button at the opposite side of the video frame than the other buttons. Most clips nowadays are a result of accidental clicks. Also, clips should be saved only if the user expressly confirms to save it.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently, unnamed clips default to the stream title making lots of clips the same exact title. These clips remain unwatched most of the time, and are usually painstakingly removed by hand by the streamer.

Making it required to give the clip a name before it is saved would cut back on junk clips.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would there be a way to optimize the upload of videos from your end? It seems like both the Upload and Processing times of the new service seems greatly reduced. Also, not having a loading bar for the processing to take place is slightly irritating as someone who wants to use this feature.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Uploads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Whenever I try to connect my youtube channel to my account, I get this error: "This channel has no youtube account connected to it" (I'm translating from Italian). My youtube channel until now has always been succesfully connected and I had already exported several streams. Please solve this problem, it is really annoying, thank you.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Exports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. a check mark box that hides a vod or clip from public, and an option to set that as default, this would give streamer/editor the ability to check a vod or clip before it is publicly viewable. but also leave stuff the way it is for people that don't use it.
    no downside on server, vods won't last longer then they do, and clips are already there until you delete.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If by accident or due to a glitch on the software (happened this last one to me twice), you can restore deleted videos in a short period of time. also adding a confirmation button, just in case of a glitch.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?