Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1133 results found

1. i would love if you guys could add a feature for small and big streamers for music i know you guys have a app but makie it also in one spot or make a bot that id in every stream that only moderators and the streamer can see which lets you know if you could be copyrighted cause nothing is worst than being copyrighted

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The current Twitch account creation system offers little to no assurance of protection for creators. Enforcement actions, when taken, are reactive, rather than proactive, and require submitting reports, writing descriptions, and disrupting the stream, which is exactly what these people want. Even enabling email verification for users to chat does not prevent someone from creating multiple successive, free "burner" email accounts for the express purpose of harassing one or more users. Someone can simply create a free email account online, create a free Twitch account, use the new email to verify the account, and circumvent that particular feature. To prevent…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The enforcement of Twitch's TOS is wildly inconsistent. As it stands, streamers who are banned for showing their genitalia on Twitch tend to be banned for a few days at most, often returning later the same week to increased attention and more success, and in many cases repeatedly violating the TOS to minimal punishment, while other streamers have been permanently banned for objectively less severe offenses. My proposal is a consistently enforced, publicly available list of offenses and their ban durations. This will stop Twitch from playing favorites with popular streamers, and will protect smaller streamers from unfair punishment simply…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello,

Being follow-botted in a stream is not something that is pleasant when the streamer wants authentic following.

When this happens, there is no way to stop it. Streamers wishing to remove these fake followers must manually remove them.

This burden can be lightened if there would be a way in the Twitch channel / live settings to block the Follow feature for some time and unblock it later.

This feature request will help streamers block these follow-bot attacks and help them retake control of their stream.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be very good if a streamer could block Accounts that aren't older that 7 Days or something. My Streamer is getting annoyed by one Person with 1000 Accounts. If I ban one he can still chat with anotherone because of his VPN. This is a serious problem on Twitch.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would suggest to go over your existing appeals for muted music.

Two of my videos are falsely muted for 15 months now. I've sent multiple e-mails to Twitch on every possible email I could of find, and every response is that it's not their department to deal with appeals.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Um... so I'm playing a video game. TES III: Morrowind, for heaven's sake. WHY did you feel the need to mute 10 MINUTES OF AUDIO from my VoD when the ONLY music AT ALL is coming from THE GAME THAT I WAS PLAYING??? Sorry, that's fair use. Calm it down over there with your DMCA garbage, you're punishing the wrong people! (Cam girls with rap bullcrap playing faintly during softcore streams, hi?) Fix the DMCA bot. Now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Over the past year or so I've come across multiple streamers creating/streaming sexually suggestive content with the clear intention to arouse viewers and provoke a s*xual response from them for financial gain.

This is the kind of content you'd expect to see on a p*rn or live cams site for adults, and is totally unacceptable. I've reported a lot of streamers, affiliates and partners for this kind of content and not one of them have been banned or suffered any consequences.

This gives me reasonable cause to say that Twitch staff who review these types of reports again streamers for…

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Children and young adults are more likely to become gambling addicts when exposed to it.

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Finde es sehr speziell GEMA FREIER Sound von Quelle X wirst du direkt gemutet und Verwarnt. Der gleiche Titel vom Soundtrack by Twitch und alles ist in Ordnung. Frage was ist der Unterschied zwischen den beiden außer der Speicherort ? Kommt dazu das in den Games auch Musik gesperrt wird der aber zum Game gehört. Verwarnung Urheberrecht für ein Sound der zum Game gehört !!!
    Da hätte ich gerne Antworten dazu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. [PT-BR]
    Favor considerar adicionar para cada vídeo ou live a classificação de idade. E não somente ao canal.

Para o Brasil temos: L(all ages), 10, 12, 14, 16, 18.
    https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sistema_de_Classifica%C3%A7%C3%A3o_Indicativa_Brasileiro

[En]
    Please consider adding an age rating to each video or live. And not just to the channel.

For Brazil we have: L (all ages), 10, 12, 14, 16, 18.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_advisory_rating_system

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Subscribers to quickly report abusive communities, Moderators, Streamers. Allow Subscribers to protect their mental health through blocking measures. Allow Subscribers to have a larger voice on platform as over 50% of the topics are related to employees and not the customers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow subscribers to Block from their view, conversations with Mods in all environments if the Mod has continued to be aggressive & abusive. Subscribers should not be subjected to bullying. As a subscriber, some channels are not safe zones because the Mod is “security” for Streamer and not an agent of a safe healthy community. I have unsubscribed to these channels in an effort to protect my peace. I have requested Mod to refrain from messaging or attempting to communicate as it is always negative & toxic. Please consider allowing subscribers/customers to have more control over their engagement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I had a stream of myself playing piano auto-muted due to an erroneous copyright issue. I was performing Mozart's Sonata in C Major and Mozart's Fantasia in D Minor, and the copyright conflict was for other artists' rightfully copyrighted performances, not for the piece in question that I was performing.

I'm betting that the auto-mute algorithm could be smart enough to know when somebody is performing a piece vs playing from a recording.

Until this is fixed, this feature will disproportionately affect musicians using Twitch to perform works that are in the public domain.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Seen two twitch streamers getting hit with what can only be described as a bot flood follow iam talking 1000+ Followers, Created by some sort of bot, is there an option to protect streamers from this kinda flood bot

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I believe the use of copyrighted music / sounds / audio, may be used IF the streamer signs a waiver to negate ALL reception of donations, bits, and subscriptions (any and all monetary transactions to the streamer) during the streaming session, while that specific session is being used at that time with music, sounds, and/or audio that falls under copyright.

For Example: I want to stream BURNOUT 3 on the Playstation 2, but it has music on there that is originally part of the game. Normally it would be either muted or other action would take place against the streamer,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Many streamers are currently being flooded by bots. There are no adequate filter mechanisms such as Captcha or other authentication methods that probe the creation of multiple fake accounts.

Twitch should use a secure authentication method for account creation as soon as possible so that so-called bot accounts and fake accounts can no longer be created in the future.

These bots make it unnecessarily difficult for honest streamers to apply for a partnership. In addition, it is almost impossible for streamers to prove that they have not bought or deliberately used any bots such as follower bots.

Dear community, please…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Streamers are constantly streaming sexually explicit content under the guise of exercise, pool activities and cosplay. I was under the impression that Twitch was a platform for entertainers who wanted to create unique communities, not another typical platform for wh**es to exploit underage and easily influenced boys by wearing thongs and stretching. there are platforms for this kind of content, i dont believe twitch needs to succumb to this wave of exploitation like that. On everyone's suggested streams are always 3+ mostly naked women bending over for attention. lets be better than this. Update our guidelines and enforce them. they…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why do you have us use Twitch Soundtrack as an approved music source than hit my game stream with a VOD? You approved the music so why may I ask am I and my stream being penalized for it? YOU need to fix this issue ASAP. I've uninstalled the Soundtrack app because of this and will Never use it again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. From what I've heard people have been getting host-botted. High amount of hosts from bots at one time, to where the streamer can't go live.
    Hosting/raiding is a big part of this community, and I think if this is happening then we could really use people looking into how to prevent it.
    Thanks,
    Rivvr

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?